Author Topic: What happened to the beer and poker thread. eh? EH?  (Read 20321 times)

duncthehat

• Silver Member
Re: What happened to the beer and poker thread. eh? EH?
« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2009, 19:12:29 PM »

Can i just add that the Nazi comments are like what Tankman has said.  Its a bit of an in joke with the forum and I can see how it may look from outsiders. 

Apologises for any upset caused on that and Matt has deleted those pictures. 

Like i have said nothing bad is meant from it its just we had free speech on our sister forum and then the rules were tightened to appeal to new members. 

:)

thanks, I hadn"t realised the context.

With respect to Richard, I don"t believe there is any context within which Nazi references are acceptable.  I think two or three posters let that forum down very badly over the last two days. 

For very personal reasons +1
WSOP 2014 Seniors 207th - A cash at last!
WSOP 2011 Horse just off a cash :(
WSOP 2012 Horse Crap.  Stud Hi Lo 3 off money :(
3 x Horse WCOAP Final Tables
1 x Razz WCOAP Final Table
Apat Series PLO Runner up 2011
3 x APAT NLH Top 10 Finishes

Mikeyboy9361

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2009, 19:16:38 PM »
Hi Noe, never met you, but good on ya for apologising, and it is very obvious from your tone that you really are sorry. Unfortunately Satudays events will always mar for you what was a tremendous effort by you in going so deep. I am sure you will put this behind you and I hope you will continue to be succesful at the tables.
Mike
European Online Silver Medalist 2009
Member of the Leeds "Grand Final" Team
Scottish Amateur Championships Bronze Medalist 2013

treydj

• Silver Member
  • flop, turn, river,cry,bed
« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2009, 21:00:12 PM »

With respect to Richard, I don"t believe there is any context within which Nazi references are acceptable.  I think two or three posters let that forum down very badly over the last two days. 

+1
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 21:50:46 PM by lukybugur »
Scottish APAT Champion 2008
APAT Pro-Am 2008 - Bronze
APAT North European Online 2010 - Silver
APAT UK Online Championship 2011 - Bronze

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2009, 21:54:16 PM »

My reasons for asking for the thread to be removed were not completely self-motivated, it was genuinely a hope to see the APAT thread move on.  To log into the forums and here about the job well done by the 10 of us on the final table. To see the Congratulation to Steve thread longer than the we hate Noe thread.  I have taken the time to send a PM to congratulate the winner - privately because I promised Des I would not post on the forums in hope that by lying low this would pass.  In fact I was advised on Sunday by an APAT moderator not to post an apology right away, to give it a day, I assume to let things cool down.  It was 4am when I got home and I worked Monday - and this is the only reason I was slow to respond. 

I do regret the behavior described in these forums and have expressed so sincerely.  After asking for the thread to be removed, I also expressed to Des my concern people may not have an oppurtunity to see my apology and "left it to his decretion" on how to handle that.  Des and I agreed yesterday in the best interested of both APAT and my family, that the thread removal would let us move on.  I understand I behaved badly, what do you want from me?  I was genuinely crushed and remain so still today - and that comment is not a designed falsly to elicit sympathy.  It is an effort to share my deepest sorrow with some hope that you would beleive my apology was heart-felt. 

I am completely confused by the reactions and varied responses from people.  I will not go into detail for fear that in doing that it would diminish my effort to persuade some that I am, was and will remain sorry.  But I do thank the many of you that have taken time to PM me, email me and send me text to express in various ways that you do hope to see me across a table again some day, etc....  surprisingly some of those came from the vary people I have offended and/or had the misfortune of sharing the Saturday table with me.

My BIGGEST aplogy now is to the winner.  I grew quite fond of on eth final table and was pleased at the final result.  It was well deserved win and it is for him most I am sorry for today.  Instead of train wreck watching, I wish people woudl divert their energy towards his success.

If it will make people still so angry with me satified, people whom don"t feel my apology is enough nor ever could have been, people who think my humilation is of my own doing and nothing short of continuing to mock my integrity, character and personal short failings...... 

My mobile number is 07825841953.  You are welcome to call and discuss with me or my husband, and perhaps give me an oppurtunity to apologize again, in person exactly the "wrong" I have done to you personally.  Des reinstate the thread and let the people who still have the need to get their distaste for me publically off the chest - have at me, but please post my apology again as well and your official rulings.  

As previously promised, I will not post again on the forums which is likley to perpetuated this drama.

Nice post Noe

What"s done is done, and actions have been taken - I just hope people are able to move on now.  I fully believe you"re comments are all heartfelt and true, and admire your humility. You screwed up, you know it, and you"ve accepted the consequences - good for you. End of.

All this name calling and personal slander between communities is just pathetic!!

Baldus New

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: February 10, 2009, 23:10:32 PM »
Noe, you"ve made a mistake that you obviously regret deeply and you have apologised for it.

Hopefully in the "Spirit of APAT" this can be accepted by all and we will see you again in the future, when we can see the real Noe at the tables.

Take care and hopefully we will see you again soon.

technolog

• Platinum Member
  • Happy chappy
« Reply #50 on: February 10, 2009, 23:15:20 PM »
Nice post Noe. We all make mistakes, so long as we learn from them - all well and good.

As I posted elsewhere, you were the model of good behaviour on Sunday in the brief time I was sat next to you in the semi-final before you took all my chips when your 5 s out-flopped my 9 s - should have been banned on Saturday imo  ;D

Hope you find the strength to come and play with us all again soon.