Author Topic: APAT Walsall  (Read 2434 times)

dwh103

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • @dwh103
APAT Walsall
« on: February 09, 2009, 20:52:55 PM »
Any stories?

I didn"t play with any Southampton guys, and I wasn"t in the mood to hang around after my exit!

Started well as I usually do in deepstacks, cultivated a nice table image despite having Neil Blatchey (who got a mega gift of a life) and Nick Jenkins on my table.

Main chipping up hand was at 75/150, standard raise to 375 UTG with  4s :2s:

Slightly aggressive guy in MP calls, both blinds fold. Flop  js 6d 5s.

I check, Villain bets 1500 into ~1k. I ask for a count (he has 5100) behind and move all in. He insta-calls with  7h 8h ???

Turn is the  :3c: and river is the  8s giving me an early double.

WARNING: MOANING ALERT FOLLOWS...

Moved tables and got to 26k at the break. Then at 300/600/25 it"s folded to me on the button. I make to 1650 with QQ. BB has already reraised a button raise of mine and makes it 6500 more. I know he doesn"t have AA or KK, so I dwell to decide whether to shove or call. In the end I stick it all in (about 18k more). His turn to dwell before calling with AKo for his whole stack. Most irritatingly, the Ace comes on the turn.

Headed to Nottingham after for the £150 at DTD. 150 runners, 5k starting stack, came 26th after a series of unfortunate events after chipping up to 27k.

- Was stagnating at about 25k, but had a tight image on my table, so was ready to start stealing and restealing.
- Am then moved back to my original table, where I had a very LAG image, so not good when I"m looking to steal.
- The seat I"m in has 3 big stacks to my left, and 4 shorties to my right. Ergh.
- I fold every hand for 3 orbits, then my first raise (also my only very light raise of the entire night) is met with a shove from the tightest player on the table.
- Now short, I shove next hand with QTo from the CO, to run into AQ on the SB. I spike a Ten to get a life.
- Few hands later, short stack shoves with Q9o, I find AKs and reshove, he spikes a Q on the turn. Back down to a small stack, but on the button next hand, ready to shove with any two...
- Until the table is broken, and I"m moved to a new one, sitting at UTG+1 instead. Blinds go through me, and when the monster stack CO makes a raise with 89o, I choose a great time to shove with K2o - unfortunately Q9 guy from earlier is on the BB with AK and knocks me out.

So that"s my tale of woe, I couldn"t even make it past 4th in 5 6-max SNGs I played that weekend too.

Hate poker.
TEAM GOTHAM (Batman)

http://twitter.com/dwh103

Won some stuff too long ago for it to stay on a signature.