Author Topic: GUKPT Walsall - APATers running good  (Read 10224 times)

allinbob2

• Silver Member
Re: GUKPT Walsall - APATers running good
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2009, 06:45:27 AM »
Derek (John) Miller makes the final table Woop Woop sitting with about 300K, he is consistantly making big final table.  Take it down John i have a few quid on you lol!!

Dave

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2009, 09:22:08 AM »
a couple of nasty outdraws from the A7 and K6, but I guess you must be happy with your play... consistently getting your chips in good and all that.

good job getting top day two, particularly after the line you had on your starting table!

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2009, 09:27:21 AM »

Derek (John) Miller makes the final table Woop Woop sitting with about 300K, he is consistantly making big final table.  Take it down John i have a few quid on you lol!!

Dave

Good Luck John.

George2Loose

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2009, 09:37:39 AM »

a couple of nasty outdraws from the A7 and K6, but I guess you must be happy with your play... consistently getting your chips in good and all that.

good job getting top day two, particularly after the line you had on your starting table!

yeh, I was very pleased and despite the nasty outdraws enjoyed tremendously..... I should stick to playing junk!
Follow me on twitter:  gb2loose

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2009, 13:25:33 PM »

guys- tourney report is here:

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=40066.msg910137#new

Feel free to ask me any questions

great report George

I also like MANTIS01"s post about luck/running good/bad and think we should all take that on board
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2009, 23:52:55 PM »

Dave

4th place finish in the end.  Superb effort.

Well played that man.   :D

RiverAsUsual

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2009, 04:13:20 AM »
Two sickening rivers (as usual) by Joe Grech ended my tourny.

1st for a 900k pot, after a long think he calls my all-in holding  kd js and I have  7c 7s and flop  qh 8c 4s then turn  :2h: river  kh (ish ie not the exact cards probably)

Then I win a couple of uncontested all-ins until I"m bb folded to Joe in sb he flat calls, I hold  8d tc flop comes  :2s: 4h th he checks I all-in, he calls with  ac 4s, turn  9h river  :as:

Enjoyed the experience and was getting lots of forums support, texts and phone calls(breaktimes). Showed lots of my hands to give inexperienced players some knowledge of the type of play at this level and to play with my opponents minds a bit too. They just aren"t used to the info (conflicting) overload LOL

Thanks for the support from those on this forum and don"t be afraid that you aren"t good enough. Try and qualify and have a go. You can seen what I did, so don"t underestimate yourself, plus you may get some luck too like I did on day1, AK v KK(Neil Channing) turned the ace and sent the Irish Open to the cash game for the 2nd time in less than 4 months.  ::)

Trust me, the pro"s don"t have as big an advantage as some of you may think.

I had decided to play all the events this week and roughly finished 4/5ths down the field in event1, then 3/5ths event2, then 2/5ths event3, then 1/5th event4 before my main event cash.

A final reminder though......don"t stake what you can"t afford to lose.... be sensible.

And good luck
2010 World Champion PotLimit Omaha Online - Gold Medal
2010 Irish PLO - Silver medal
2009 Team England - Bronze medal

plus some others

scjn01

• Bronze Member
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2009, 09:37:05 AM »
Nice one John!!  Well done mate!!  ;D

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2009, 10:04:08 AM »
great run john
i know you had a few sick rivers (as usual) to end your tourney but that deck was slapping you big style in the face before that!

Nice haircut too!!
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

George2Loose

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2009, 15:30:58 PM »
Hi John- were you on my table toward the end of day 1? Think u shoved with 99 and we got into a bit of table talk- sorry if I"ve mistaken!
Follow me on twitter:  gb2loose

RiverAsUsual

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2009, 02:45:50 AM »
Yeah, I shoved with 99 but not against you, against the guy who had the massive chipstack holding AQs who didn"t want to risk doubling me up.
Like he said, "Anyone else in the room I would call, but not you!!" (No-one else could win a hand against him, so that was BIG respect).

Thanks for the messages and rails etc from everyone. APATers generally do very well in big events. It"s a great forum.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 02:51:36 AM by RiverAsUsual »
2010 World Champion PotLimit Omaha Online - Gold Medal
2010 Irish PLO - Silver medal
2009 Team England - Bronze medal

plus some others