Author Topic: Tales of the Honeybadger  (Read 361374 times)

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
Re: Tales of the Honeybadger
« Reply #1380 on: July 18, 2011, 20:54:44 PM »
... golf bets blown up ... but back to winning ways on the cash table ... plus $300 after an epic triple up with 33 into K93 ... vs AK and 95o which stayed for the ride and turned a 5 ... surprising that all the money went it ... one for the lucky side of the balance sheet!

Just about decided that I will play London Calling over APAT in Nottingham ... cuts travel costs to zero.

Also getting tempted by July 23rd/24th event at the Vic - two flights £300 freeze out - total 200 runners ... just about the right amount of juice.

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1381 on: July 18, 2011, 22:45:52 PM »
... minor cash gains ... +$86 ... going great until turned two pairs vs turned straight ... tough not to pay the final bet ...

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1382 on: July 24, 2011, 12:14:43 PM »
... minor tournament cash ... c20th of 317 with $26k in the pot ... called the early shove with TT ... only to find QQ behind me ... pretty annoying ... but just one of the many patterns one observes.

Minimal Poker at the moment but 2011 looking good on Betfair ...

http://www.officialpokerrankings.com/ongamepoker/MoneyBadger/poker/results/844341B3BCE046BEA497200D9F96448B.html?t=2

Has been a little cash leakage going on ... maybe a third of this.

Very much pick and choose tournaments at the moment - not really the patience for anything beyond 15 min levels - they just run to late.

As I played I watched Scottish Clans on Blighty : It"s so interesting to get beyond the caricatured view of Scottish (or any other) History ...

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1383 on: July 29, 2011, 08:09:59 AM »
Rare visit to the Vic last night.

Wild £1/£2 game ... "annoyed" to only win £105 ... the table was ripe ... but the chips flew elsewhere!

Very pleased with a bottom pair call on the river versus the player to my left who had previously shown me a bluff.

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1384 on: July 30, 2011, 22:18:18 PM »
... lousy cash session ... followed up by lousy card dead tournament.

Picking up a bad "habit" of making good calls of short stacks only to get called behind by bigger hands ...

AJ vs A9 "perfect" ... but AK behind ... and of course the A9 triples up ...

Cash earlier was "hilarious" ... short stack went from $11 to $100 by out-drawing me 3 times ... wounded I am last to act with a raise and three callers ... I raise the pot with JJ ... I am promptly re-raised by the second caller ... hard to believe I am behind ... I shove ... insta called by AQo ... who of course spikes ... just a value added race but a super negative EV play from Mr AQ ... just not today.

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1385 on: July 31, 2011, 13:35:20 PM »
Sunday Sunday ... feels like a long time since I was after to sit in my reclining armchair all day and play cards ... delightful ...

First up $109 Sunday Kick Off on Pokerstars ...

Decent start KK into A high flop and won some chips shocker ...

Back to normal now ... card dead ... sitting on my hands.

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1386 on: July 31, 2011, 21:54:04 PM »
Delight ... pretty short lived ... the day where nothing works ... 0/3 tournaments ... a real fight to get a start then eliminated thrice but KQ calls ... once vs 66 ... fair enough ... once vs my flush draw ... fair enough ... once vs my AKo ... sigh.

Overall ... not much that could be done ... good reminder that such days come around from time to time ... slightly annoying to lose to KQ all day long ...

Poker back in its box ...

Work for a week and return to the tables!

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1387 on: August 06, 2011, 12:13:36 PM »
Lousy tournament week continued on Friday night ... Betfair $50 re-buy ...

In great shape to move 3rd but lost with JJ vs AQ vs Q5 (no comment) ... Q spike ... fought back but lost to a flopped set vs the KK overpair and then lost when turning two pairs vs the flopped set ... no escape really ...

... may be tempted tonight ... but my thoughts are heading towards DTD/APAT ...

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1388 on: August 07, 2011, 11:07:55 AM »
$50k g"tee on Betfair last night ... just outside the money JJ vs AKs race lost ... just a race of course but a tedious exit .... earlier built a stack ... lost a stack vs QQ vs KJ ... and AK spiking the A vs the flopped set ... moral shove rubbish and set mine ...

Liking the look of Martin Laird in the golf as a 12/1 value shot.

Celtic to win Half Time/Full Time just under even money looks pretty good - vs a chronically bad Aberdeen side.

Not really pondered the Man City vs Man Utd game ... does it just find a way to be 1-1 at 90 mins??

L
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 13:13:14 PM by Honeybadg »

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1389 on: August 07, 2011, 13:35:18 PM »
... my dislike for Neil Lennon is always growing.

Why does he think playing Stokes wide left is a good idea?

He just slows the play down and then gives the ball away.

Oh well another bet bites the dust though Aberdeen lived up to their side of the bargain but being thoroughly inept, always letting Ki and Kayal cut in.

Celtic ultra slow tempo most of the time - I dare say they will win - but really need to get Paddy McCourt on the pitch.

The match was so dire it made me think on Nigel Pepper ... defo my favourite Aberdeen player of all time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigel_Pepper

My favourite Hearts player is Mohamed Berthe:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohamed_Berthe

I never saw him play ... he only played the once ... away to Dundee ... but my then flatmate"s description of his play was so inspirational he has to be the winner.

I have spent many years watching Dundee United so the above mitigates some of the obvious pain this has caused me.

I am thinking of the right cliche to encapsulate this Aberdeen-Celtic game ... it"s not like "watching paint dry" ... more like "watching a fence, that someone might paint, be cannot be bothered"

It"s like the Aberdeen players are made of Meccano ...

OMG I forgot Samaras could come on for Celtic - question is will be be dragging a cart behind him as usual ...

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1390 on: August 07, 2011, 14:14:23 PM »
Good Grief ... Stokes steps in the box for five mins and scores ... pretty sure Celtic could and should have thrashed Aberdeen today ...

On the plus side for Aberdeen some of the late swoops by the seagulls showed reasonable pace ...

Aberdeen trying to stay up on goal difference already?

Neil McCann : Aberdeen"s performance was good (compared to last year) : Looked just the same to me : Prediction : Aberdeen will score c28 goals this year and get relegated (at last).

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1391 on: August 12, 2011, 23:12:54 PM »
Betfair $35k g"tee in play ... just called with A6 vs A5 and lost to the straight on the river ... sigh ... back to 38th of 53 with 40 paid ... just under 16BB ... some luck owed!

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1392 on: August 12, 2011, 23:49:14 PM »
Pointless min cash ... 37th of 292 ... last hand A4 into KK ... no help ... L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1393 on: August 13, 2011, 20:20:01 PM »
... some nights you just cannot win ... playing the $50k g"tee on Betfair ... KT into TT2 ... turn Q ... vs QT ...

Solution Golf bets ... Keegan Bradley for the win ...

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1394 on: August 14, 2011, 23:12:16 PM »
Minor cash in Sunday Warm Up ... sigh ... QQ into KK at the end ...

+£175 on golf trading Keegan Bradley before his fall ... a solid Sunday ...

L