Author Topic: Tales of the Honeybadger  (Read 356172 times)

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
Re: Tales of the Honeybadger
« Reply #1425 on: September 04, 2011, 12:54:54 PM »
Bonker"s Bet to end ... Trinidad and Tobago to win the Men"s 100m relay ... it will take two batons to fall and/or disqualifications ... but why not??

Great Championships ... for GB ... and betting ... almost rude not to play the WCOOP 1 ...

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1426 on: September 04, 2011, 13:09:22 PM »
Insane relay race -  stockcar racing and a world record - as a crazy betting aside I took France to win without Jamaica last night - and no liquidity to get rid of the bet - Athletics I run good ...

Ages since I enjoyed the World Championships - will miss them - need to work out the Rugby World Cup now.

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1427 on: September 04, 2011, 14:29:02 PM »
It would be wrong to not have a crazy golf bet running ... so Jason Duffner (3 behind) to win the Deutsche Bank at 47/1

I have my custard tarts and red bull ready for the WCOOP1

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1428 on: September 11, 2011, 17:45:21 PM »
WCOOP 21 ... damage done AK vs AQ all in pre flop ... and then eliminated 44 Vs AQ - Queen on the river ...

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1429 on: September 17, 2011, 12:05:25 PM »
Saturday project - to sat into the WCOOP38 $530 Heads Up ...

First Sat attempt went nowhere - nut flush draw shove vs a pair - fair enough ...

WCOOP38 is a two day event ... so amusingly my next attempt (in play) is a 4 max turbo re-buy.

Woke up with the £500 + £50 European championship event in my mind (at the VIC) - 3pm kick off - would be great but also pretty slow moving ...

I guess it still might happen!

Let"s see how the sat goes ...

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1430 on: September 17, 2011, 21:54:17 PM »
... so I made it to the show ... following a crazy $5 re-buy 4 max Turbo ... then played the better poker for 90 mins versus a guy with a great Pokerstars record ... then got it all in with trips vs all the draws on the turn ... and perhaps predictably dead ... the 30% shot always wins ...

Played some super loose cash for + $260 ...

Then played some super loose stuff in the APAT ... but went fishing for half my chips with a massive drawing hand which could have been shoved ...

... and then shoved with a massive drawing hand ... correctly called down ... and I missed ... fair play of course!

Level for the day ... back to the cash tables ...

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1431 on: September 18, 2011, 09:17:46 AM »
... a little more cash profit playing $2/$4 ... I guess it make WCOOP 40 look appealling ...

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1432 on: September 20, 2011, 18:30:22 PM »
... wow the weekend seems so long ago ... I ended it with a pretty negative cash session ...

2nd hands in AA vs 65 in the blinds flop 65x ... sweet/sour.

Then shoved AT back into KK ... all six handed ... but some of the losses could have been mitigated ... I believe.

Not sure what is next - need sleep more than to sit at a card table - Guess online at the weekend or maybe a blank??

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1433 on: September 22, 2011, 01:06:25 AM »
Betfair $35k g"tee ... $39,300 in the pot ...

Exit hand QQ vs AT all in pre flop ... flop TTx ... OMG!

8th of 288 - could have been a lot better - $1075.55 from $154 stake - handy but frustrating ...

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1434 on: September 23, 2011, 08:43:59 AM »
Betfair $35k II - 2nd of 293 for $6,438.50 - not amazingly pleased about my heads play - could not get control of the ball - so how can you score?

Epic match ups in the money : AK vs QQ v AQ & AQ vs JJ vs 88 - but my money in first ...

Final Table "epic" call downs with a weak top pair and third pair vs the Aggro brothers ...

Roll up ... roll up ...

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1435 on: September 24, 2011, 08:30:10 AM »
Match ups ... smash ups ... played a little cash ... JJ vs KK, 55 vs AK, AQ vs AK ... no help ... just like slinging a red bouncy ball into an elastic room and watching the walls pulse like fruit machines ...

Breakfast 1 : Vegetarian Samosa + Chocolate Trifle

Breakfast 2 : To follow.

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1436 on: September 25, 2011, 08:51:29 AM »
Scotland vs Argentina : I thought it would be more even money so I am pot committed to have a gamble on Scotland : Rare event - let"s hope it is a good start to the day.

I am pretty sure the Argentine"s won the battle of the anthems - great violining.

Scotland"s polished Flower of Scotland sounding a bit ridiculous ... I am not a fan of The Corries "hit" ... I would be more up for a bit of Scotland the Brave.

Extract

Far off in sunlit places,
Sad are the Scottish faces,
Yearning to feel the kiss of sweet Scottish rain.
Where tropic skies are beaming,
Love sets the heart a-dreaming,
Longing and dreaming for the homeland again

The celebration of rain - dubious

Albeit it might help the Scots in this tawdry struggle ...

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1437 on: September 25, 2011, 09:21:48 AM »
Half Time

Scotland 6 Argentina 3

Odds have been turned around - Scotland have had all the possession but a dozen turnovers!

Evans and De Luca great - but wasteful at the breakdown.

Argentina to tire at the end - a case to chop the bet back - but will let it run.

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1438 on: September 25, 2011, 10:28:45 AM »
... good grief ... chopped the bet at it got tenser ... and very nearly took the 16/1 on Argentina when Scotland went 12-6 up ... it"s just a try and conversation ... not unheard of ...

Far too many mistakes - Chris Paterson - so often the hero particularly guilty at the end.

So are Scotland really going to find a way to beat England??

So rugby over - I lose control of the TV - Fat Families : Second Helpings - OMG - If you lose weight you can ride on a horse - It"s a different world - It seems like a great incentive to put weight on ...

L

ian.ski309

• Gold Member
« Reply #1439 on: September 25, 2011, 10:55:47 AM »
What a dramatic last 20 minutes !

So assuming that the Argies do the necessary, Scotland have to beat England by about 40 points - is that right ?  :o
APAT European Team Championships 2009 - Gold Medal

"The gambling known as business looks with austere disfavor upon the business known as gambling." - Ambrose Pierce