Author Topic: Tales of the Honeybadger  (Read 360037 times)

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
Re: Tales of the Honeybadger
« Reply #1575 on: February 12, 2012, 16:01:58 PM »
Any given Sunday at about 4pm ...

My familar friend the Sunday Warm up appears ...

It"s one of the tournaments that doesn"t get in the way of life now that it starts at 4pm.

There does seem to be a slight move in the poker world to get to more sensible start and finish times - Bravo.

Side effect is that I lose control of the TV - which for the moment means I must watch "Make it or break it" - US wannabe gymnast show - super cheesy but quite addictive - I forget what comes next in the epic Sunday TV schedules ...

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1576 on: February 12, 2012, 17:40:10 PM »
Spewy exit ...

I flat with 76s - flop 652 rainbow ... and call the bet ... call behind ...

Turn 7 - bringing the flush draw ... all in by the original raiser ... trivial call for me ... also called behind ...

The shove came from 44 ... call from 75 ... so I am 71.4% to triple up ... to nearly triple the average ... but the river is a spewy 3 ... to reward to the spewy shove ...

Exit night ... Time for Pizza ...

L

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #1577 on: February 12, 2012, 18:06:11 PM »

Spewy exit ...

I flat with 76s - flop 652 rainbow ... and call the bet ... call behind ...

Turn 7 - bringing the flush draw ... all in by the original raiser ... trivial call for me ... also called behind ...

The shove came from 44 ... call from 75 ... so I am 71.4% to triple up ... to nearly triple the average ... but the river is a spewy 3 ... to reward to the spewy shove ...

Exit night ... Time for Pizza ...

L

It"s at this point that you"re supposed to congratulate yourself on getting it in so good, and completely owning the other players........ but ffs, poker really does suck some times.

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1578 on: February 12, 2012, 18:43:12 PM »
... I think that is roughly the feeling ...

Although to be honest my thought process is more quit playing until I can play the volume required to iron out the volatility ... until then I must smile ... although not often you get both a spewy shove and a spewy call in the same hand!

I want the shove, and the call but 28.6% of the time I am dead.

It"s a weakness in the game, but the weakness keeps the volume of players so high, creating massive prizes. I am amazed at some of the play you see ... the Genting exit was worse the limp call with Q8s is simply amazing ... unless I shove absolutely every hand it is -E(X) ... if I shove every hand it is about +1% ... GENIUS!

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #1579 on: February 12, 2012, 21:59:46 PM »
Did you play both warmups louis?

I have ad a major sunday shot taking session today with no school tomorrow.

played both kickoffs, both warmups, both millions

am ITM in one of the warmups, short stacked in one of the millions - out of everything else
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #1580 on: February 12, 2012, 23:44:09 PM »
cashed in warm up, finishing 73rd for $1K+ change.

lost a 2.4 million chip pot for the chip lead when AA < QQ of PokerstarsPro Asia Bryan Huang

die poker
Rob, you are a genius.

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1581 on: February 13, 2012, 20:22:40 PM »
It"s all pretty savage ...

I only played the normal warm up ... Double Vision ... Double Milking ...

I have a home game this Saturday which might be pretty deadly ... £1/£3 NL - Sit down with £300 : I expect lots of reloads ... but hopefully not from me ...

I cannot take any further beats at the moment ... which means no poker this week!

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1582 on: February 19, 2012, 13:10:56 PM »
Another week - another savaging ...

Played the Betfair $500+ 100 bounty + 50 Live event at the Fox in London.

15,000 chips - 40 min levels - 150 ish runners.

Bounced about and down around the average for most of the first six levels ... my big hands not matched up very well vs trash.

8 levels in - we had only lost three players - we then lost 3 in two hands ... a short stack shove with A6 started a mega war with KQ shoving 90BB to isolate ... called by AJs which held ... next hand a much more standard 99 vs JJ defeat but lots of new players arriving including the mid stack who played the epic KJ min raise under the gun ... I flat with AK ... flop AQx ... auto shove from the mid stack ... ten on the river ... yawn ... I am still alive but on life support ... my AA then quad me back into play ... but my 88 shove Vs AQ vs AJ cannot hold and another frustrating exit.

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1583 on: February 25, 2012, 22:57:19 PM »
Seems so long ago that the cards were in the air ...

This week has been, thus far ... 74.5 hours work ... one lunch at Harrods ...

Harrods : Nice lamb ... great deserts ... then off the to the pet section ... amazed to see live animals for sale ...

Bengal Kittens - £900 each
Boxer Dog pups - £4,200 each

Just recovering from this, I walked around the corner to see the dog grooming saloon in full swing ... sadly no dogs on the canine treadmill or being massaged ...

But bought an excellent cat nip fish for my mother"s cat ...

I"ve not been there for about 27 years ... but might return for an early morning look in the near future ... some weird and wonderful goods ... (including doggie diapers and pup cakes) ...

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1584 on: March 02, 2012, 22:09:29 PM »
I think this is now my non-poker playing blog ...

Made it to 80.5 hours work last week ... not going to make it quite so high this week ... due to a bizarre "mix up" which is going to see me watching the "Got to Dance - Live Final - at Olympia" ...

I think the plan is that next year my girlfriend"s dance group will enter ...

My plan for next year is to reclaim all this work time and play some cards ... run good ... and smile.

We shall see ...

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1585 on: March 05, 2012, 22:11:44 PM »
Enjoying the Chelsea nonsense - Rafael Benitez for the job - that would be relatvely amsuing and pointless ... I love the rationale that he could get more out of Torres ... who could get less?

I love them (Sky) asking Neil Warnock for pearls of wisdom ...

Next up the England manager farce ...

Why does the FA operate in such an asburd manner?

Surely they can work out who they want and make a discreet approach.

Just get Redknapp installed as the manager - get on with it.

Also watched Dundee United play out a terrible encounter with ICT - great form unless you watch them play - direct up front but they really cannot defend!

Scottish football getting worse and worse ...

L

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #1586 on: March 05, 2012, 23:25:33 PM »

Just get Redknapp installed as the manager - get on with it.

Pretty sure the FA would balls this up and wouldn"t put it past them to give the job to Jamie (or louise) by accident
Rob, you are a genius.

Waz1892

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #1587 on: March 06, 2012, 08:59:55 AM »
I also don"t understand why Redknapp himself doesn"t just come out and say, I"d love the job in the summer if it was offered.

Hardly a secret.

The FA can"t be seen upsetting the applecart, so I get why they are sitting on the hands, and then they"d probably get themselves tied up by doing that!

FA isn"t a business, but they try to run it like it is,
Carpe Diem
Member of East of England Poker Club
Team member APAT forum 2013

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1588 on: March 06, 2012, 19:22:28 PM »
I would say that the FA should be run like a business ... but isn"t!

Business for me is just about deciding what outcome you seek and then looking at the best way to get there.

Lots of not for profit organisations that are run like businesses so the end users get the best results/most resources.

FA seems intent on minimsing results for the end users ...
Main strategies - Head in sand : Head in clouds : Hire managers with no cultural awareness of English players : No tactical awareness : Last manager to deliver - Bobby Robson?

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #1589 on: March 06, 2012, 19:58:12 PM »
Purely based on percentage won v played Capello (P42 W28 D8 L6) is on top - best in a selection of managers since 1946.

But you know what they say about statistics don"t you :)