Author Topic: Tales of the Honeybadger  (Read 362969 times)

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
Re: Tales of the Honeybadger
« Reply #1590 on: March 06, 2012, 22:27:08 PM »
Capello : You need to weight the importance of the games ... World Cup 2010 ...

Had England won their group last 16 game vs Ghana ... Uraguay waiting ...

Why didn"t they win the group - because they were playing playground football vs Algeria.

At half time vs Algeria - I wandered off to the gents - where an England "fan" declared he was going to stab his eyes out rather than watch anymore ...

His eyes survived despite the second half ... though not sure how they faired in the Germany game ...

Terry Venables was okay - but the rest - it"s just crazy - take a team of great players and minimise them.

Every tournament I can recall you felt that England would lose to the first decent team they played ... and pretty much that is what happened ... Euro 1996 was different ... the dismantling of Holland was superb ... Euro 2004 with Rooney fit they looked great ... without Rooney just waiting to lose a gun fight vs Portugal (always Portugal) ... Euro 2012 will be interesting ... who will they teleport in as manager??

noble1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1591 on: March 07, 2012, 02:15:55 AM »
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 02:56:21 AM by noble1 »

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1592 on: March 07, 2012, 07:41:15 AM »
I have only skim read the above - to return later ... but I like the quote ...

"Bobby steps down and then we get the turnip"

He is defo my favourite English manager - Would he ever had got the job but for the crazy comebacks in the UEFA Cup (2006)?

I love his You Tube effort on speaking English in the Dutch "smoking a pancake" stylee ...

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1593 on: March 10, 2012, 09:50:17 AM »
I"ve still not managed to get back through the England memory lane you tube videos ... it"s an interest montage ... I watched England Vs Germany in 1990 in a pub owned by a German in Scotland ... crazy nights ...

My head is finally ready to play some poker again ... seems like a long time since the cards were in the air ...

Looking forward to the new look APAT League and the $6m g"tee on Pokerstars - I will skip the Warm Up and look to maximise the work that can be done on Sunday ...

The only other feature of the weekend is my return to the gym with personal trainer - how long will this last??

I like the idea of being back to 14 stone for my 40th Birthday in September ... today 15 stone 1 ... feels like a suitably tricky challenge.

L

pables

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • JACK7SUITED on Grosvenor
« Reply #1594 on: March 10, 2012, 11:15:04 AM »
Good luck with the weight loss Louis, I know how hard it can be. I was on my way to the gym just the other evening but regrettably the walk takes you past the Ship Inn and I found the comfort of the soft sofa type seat much more appealing than the bench at the gym. Will try to go again tommorrow afternoon, will walk the long way round!

Seriously best of luck

Ian
WCOAP online Omaha Bronze 2009
WCOAP Stud Gold 2010
UK Team championship 2011 individual Silver
WCOAP 2015 Team championship silver with IRELAND
WCOAP 2016 Irish silver
WCOAP 2018 PLO D/C Bracelet
WCOAP 2018 ROE silver
WCOAP 2019 Mix max Bracelet
European Team event 2019 Silver with team Ireland

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1595 on: March 10, 2012, 19:10:23 PM »
Looking forward to knocking myself back into shape ... until now I was broadly happy being fat!

Today"s intro was suitably testing - but a good trainer - in that he pushed but did not kill me.

Really interesting to do some boxing - super satisfying to land some solid blows into the trainers pads.

Will go twice a week and walk 50 miles - eat sensibly (reduce carbs) - see where we get to.

It might be fun to start doing some competitive sport again at 40??

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1596 on: March 11, 2012, 11:41:50 AM »
Dundee United Vs Celtic - a value bet for United to win?? 4.4/1 on Betfair - with the potential chance to chop the bet??

Small bet on the above.

Small bet on Gavin Gunning to score first too ... 40/1 ish ... Dixon to swing it in ... Gunning bullet header???

I have seen Celtic beat United so many times - but I fancy it will be close today.

United direct up front, if they can win and retain enough ball, and defend properly, perhaps two big IFS.

A bigger bet on Wesley Fofana to score first vs England at 12/1.

Less than three months until kick off - crazy.

L

Aside I think 15/8 on England to not qualify at the Euros is a terrific bet.

France and Sweden without Rooney (who up front) - last game A to Ukraine - England terrible record vs Sweden.

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1597 on: March 11, 2012, 15:30:15 PM »
Good grief - I now recall why I don"t get too involved in watching football these days.

Dundee Utd the marginally better side vs Celtic until Robbie Neilson decides to forearm smash Samaras - GAME OVER.

The manager makes the wrong call in subbing off Mackay-Stevens who has stretched the play and kept the supply to Forrest at NIL - but it"s Neilson who "sold the jerseys" ...

Weak

L

Denis67

• Silver Member
« Reply #1598 on: March 12, 2012, 18:15:03 PM »
congratulations on your win last night in the league game, very nice result.  Seeing as you are running hot - any tips for Cheltenham?
Baldrick, we're in a very sticky situation, we're in the stickiest situation since stickty the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1599 on: March 12, 2012, 18:37:22 PM »
... not running hot on sports betting ... (or horses) ... I will post if  I have any notions.

Assuming Van Persie is fit for Euro 2012 - I would have thought Holland at c6/1 might be a jolly bet!

I "dreamt" that Deep Purple would win the Grand National too!

Still getting my head straight from last night - all ran pretty smooth - I felt from 20 out I had a great chance - hit a lot -stole a lot - makes one tricky to play - also won a AK vs AKs - four to a flush and Ax vs KK late on - albeit not covered either time ...

Next poker - might be round 2 on Sunday night!

L

Santino67

• Platinum Member
  • Fat Charlie Sheen - @GrantSpeirs
    • Bebo & Facebook
« Reply #1600 on: March 12, 2012, 20:26:36 PM »
Great result last night Louis, you played like a demon throughout and it was a pleasure sharing some of it with you. Looking forward to leg 2 already with a great start for the team as well  8)
APAT Scottish Amateur Champion 2011 :~)
APAT Online North America PLO Champion 2011
Chipaccrual's Big APAT Christmas End Of Year Quiz Champion 2011
2012 Scottish Captain @ ECOAP
APAT Online Irish PLO Champion 2013
APAT Online Scottish Champion 2017

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1601 on: March 12, 2012, 20:46:24 PM »
Cheers mate - I was in the zone late on whilst delighted to play the strong no 2 whilst you were killing it - a good start for Scotland.

Sef

• Regional Captain
  • Gold Member
« Reply #1602 on: March 12, 2012, 23:06:19 PM »
Great result by you last night mate, started us off in fashion. ;) Heres to many more like that. ;)
You can only play pocket jacks 3 ways, all of which are wrong.

It's only a gambling problem if you are losing :D

Follow me on twitter @pbsef

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #1603 on: March 13, 2012, 00:04:11 AM »
Well that doesn"t leave much "run good" for the warm up now, does it??

Wp btw.
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1604 on: March 13, 2012, 09:10:20 AM »

Well that doesn"t leave much "run good" for the warm up now, does it??

Wp btw.

Smile - I think with the same cards I would have been running pretty well and deep - but given the scale of the Warm Up maybe "just" getting to the last 100 before needing some more cards/skill/luck.

I was playing the $6m g"tee at the same time ... hit the lower straight and then ran into trips and then jammed JT into QQ and AK ... (or something like that!)

More satisfying to win an event than be top 100 ... but feeling due some luck in running in a bigger event ...

Bought into Day 1C of the Genting London at the end of the month.