Author Topic: Tales of the Honeybadger  (Read 363529 times)

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
Re: Tales of the Honeybadger
« Reply #570 on: September 25, 2009, 23:51:07 PM »
-$735

Played a slow Shoot out to the Sunday Warm Up.

4th of 31 - 2 places ...

TT spiked KK - late on

but

66 into KK and dead.

Watching "Dating in the Dark" ... kind of weird ... kind of entertaining ... going soft.

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #571 on: September 26, 2009, 09:04:43 AM »
Saturday morning confusion ...

... firstly I catch the end of the Morning Line where someone is arguing that Horse Race handicaping "is like Communism in that your handicap always goes up and never comes down" !?!?!?

Next up is an advert for Derren Brown who is going to bet £5k on a single number on a roulette wheel ... he"s spent a year doing the research ... sigh!

Next up a scene from Friends - which made me laugh - it"s all going wrong.

Today is the day of my (late) birthday surprise - what could it be? My best guess so far has been cow mliking ...

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #572 on: September 27, 2009, 13:49:22 PM »
RT -$798

Morning Qualifying for the Warm Up no good ...

AA smashing into JJ on a Jxx flop ... running well but versus large stack.

Early lost with second nuts to nut flush ...

Not sure whether to buy straight in ...

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #573 on: September 27, 2009, 16:38:38 PM »
RT -$775

Qualification just not going to happen : 4th of 60 - 2 places AK into AA ...

Luck earlier when needing to push but need the luck grouped together (I believe).

Watching England play some excellent stuff (at cricket) ... suddenly Owais Shah looking like he was hitting footballs into the crowd ...

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #574 on: September 27, 2009, 19:02:04 PM »
RT -$990

Qualifiers almost drawing blood.

5th of 100 for 4 tickets losing AQ vs J9 and KQ vs 98 on final table!

In an earlier qualifier I managed a 99th of 100 when JJ lost to 77 after the Txx flop ...

Anyway ... "tis Sunday Warm Up night ... so let"s see if I can wipe out my negative above.

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #575 on: October 01, 2009, 00:00:15 AM »
RT -$883

12th of 146 in $18k g"tee on Betfair ... when QQ hits into KK ... ARGH!

Minor Cash - yawn!

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #576 on: October 02, 2009, 16:41:27 PM »
... not sure my brain is healed yet ... QQ vs KK following TJs into KQx two of my suit but missing turn and river versus obvious strength! (Board not paired)

Luck in running at the end please!

In my official weigh in today I was 15 stone 6 ... pleasing given quality(and quantity of) food consumed.

I collected my framed picture of "A Lion" today ... very pleasing ... painted to order in Kenya by Zaidi.

England showing some steel today in the cricket ... so much cricket now ... feels more like clubs than nations.

Cannot decide whether beer is a good idea!?!

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #577 on: October 03, 2009, 16:57:19 PM »
RT -$913

$30k g"tee on stars races up to $64k.

About to go handy with a triple up ... only to see the up and down straight draw from the value seeking chip leader fly in!

55 in J53 rainbow ... happy to limp but ... not when against 46 with a 2 on the river ... not quite the odds to call but chip leader so fair play.

Cooler ... still a long way to go ...

Pondering evening play.

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #578 on: October 03, 2009, 19:36:36 PM »
RT -$999 (plus any winnings from current tournaments).

Call the police.

Made it to the Betfair $18k g"tee through an absurd 5 from 12 - super turbo $15 re-buy - simply lunatic structure - but job done.

I am looking forward to reviewing my blog at the year end - overall has probably saved me some tilt money. In comparison to my gambling year last year (+$15k) I have played better and more often ... I think that bodes well ... as not particularly lucky last year.

I guess these are all small numbers in the grand scheme of things ... I think I am a solid player ... and winning something big would not alter that judgement.

There are so many solid players around that you need the have the breaks at the right times - that said there were phases when I got a bit limpy with KQ etc out of position which is just ridiculous.

Anyway ... looking forward to selective poker over the next few months ... no APAT stuff except the league matches.

Good luck all.

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #579 on: October 04, 2009, 00:27:19 AM »
RT -$783

12th of 143 in the Betfair $18k for the second time in a row for $216.

Last hand 77 vs 66 to return to 7th flop 6TT.

Just before I folded AT after two all ins ... 99 vs 99 flop ATx

Just before that I lost AJs vs 78s.

Earlier AA vs KK (vs Dewi Cool)

Built stack with a lucky TT vs AA (though still very playable stack if I lost)

In the top 5 for a long time ... before went card dead and the drift towards the bubble.

AA vs QQ just in time ... followed by a KK which won a good pot pre flop all in ... and in great shape ... only to be slain as above ...

Pays for the Sunday Warm Up ... and so on ...

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #580 on: October 04, 2009, 17:31:46 PM »
RT -$1,040 heading in the Sunday Warm Up and the APAT (any winnings to reduce the negative!)

Failed to qualifiy via a $10+1 re-buy ... in the lead at the break ... but no cards at all and soon enough time to push with K9 late position into A4 BB ...

Had a punt on Chelsea to win 1-0 ... so looking for a return to the tedium of the 1st half.

Sunday Warm up brewing ... really do need to get more red bull in the house as a contingency measure.

Was going to play on Betfair ... but looks like a really weird set up $500+10 (I would have looked to qualify) with a $30k g"tee ... wow aiming for only 60 runners ... what is that about???

Earlier I thought about how many fried eggs I had made in my career ... probably a very low amount ... on the face of it the yellow part of the egg is clearly the best ... but you get so much white ... ridiculous.

L

Pears27

• Silver Member
« Reply #581 on: October 04, 2009, 20:10:20 PM »
Poach them. Seems to leave you with more of the good stuff, although that might just be cos I leave the snot in the pan.
Will be at DTD tomorrow night in the unlikely event that you"re around.

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #582 on: October 04, 2009, 21:58:53 PM »
... I am in Scotland ... heading back to London on Tuesday ...

Give me a shout if you are London.

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #583 on: October 04, 2009, 23:03:53 PM »
RT -$676

Sunday Warm Up - made the money - killed in an AKs vs 77 race - would have been nice if the had 77 folded!

Would have moved to 55th of 412 with a shout of the real money.

The big one is coming - just hope not too many years away!

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #584 on: October 07, 2009, 17:56:44 PM »
No poker getting played at the moment ... brain getting weakened by reading and thinking about legal documents!

I love pushing my brain to the limit in business or poker or anything.

I also love stopping and eating Spicy Livers and drinking Peroni - which will happen pretty soon tonight!

There is a little bit of me wanting to play the $18k g"tee on Betfair tonight ... but not sure I can face finishing 12th for a third time in a row!

As a total aside - I bought an "Ab Circle Pro" machine - a preposterous machine - I did 100 reps and retired!

L