Author Topic: Tales of the Honeybadger  (Read 362495 times)

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
Re: Tales of the Honeybadger
« Reply #660 on: November 28, 2009, 17:19:02 PM »
RT +$703

Break 2 in $5 re-buy on I-poker

89th of 222 left from 633

It is the classic tale of get your luck in the smallest thing you play ...

JJ vs AA vs xx - triple up early ... then lost AA vs 89 vs KJ (lost to both) ... but dodged other bullets to then double up with a top pair flush draw push ... which I knew needed to hit ...

$2,260 top prize would go down well ... ten min levels so plenty of play required/available.

Weird football results ... what are Man C doing?

In Scotland I followed Dundee United who are doing pretty well - but big questions about standards in whole league.

I am hearing that Davie Irons (48) played today in the Scottish Cup ... mmm ...

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #661 on: November 28, 2009, 18:19:31 PM »
Break 3

30th from 100 left ... 80 paid ... though FTW ...

Turned a straight versus two pairs ... rest pretty standard steals ...

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #662 on: November 28, 2009, 19:23:52 PM »
RT +$752

35th of 633 when I ram AJs into KK (and K9) ... no help ...

Early night and see how I feel tomorrow ...

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #663 on: November 30, 2009, 18:22:25 PM »
I am a very bad patient ... and propensity to fall asleep does not bode well with regards to playing poker ...

As with most visit"s to the doctors" you walk in ... tell them what is wrong with you ... with which they agree ... and off to the chemist for some anti-biotics ... I will be well in a week ... until the point when I cough I will have a splitting pian in my head akin to being skulled by a viking ...

I was having a think about my family tree the other day ... debate as to whether my dad"s side come original from Iceland or Trondheim in Norway (I think this is the winner!) ... on my mum"s side harder to get back but her mother was born in South Africa via Dutch parentage ... (Mad Eric) ... I like the circular link to their being Mad Erics in Norway too.

Eric ... such a fine name pre Bristow ... don"t get me wrong I loved the absurd arrogance of Bristow ... and loved it even better when Jocky Wilson beat him.

It"s a funny thought process to think about the darts matches you watched 20 years ago ...

Aside - I watched the semi of the 1974 World Cup beaten Holland and Brazil the other day - it was wild. Holland were impressively dirty, although Brazil were terrible and resorted to violence too. There wasn"t that much total football on show, though Holland won 2-0 ...

... when ill I don"t really think about death ... that is more reserved for superb hangovers ... prime candidate being Man U 1 Arsenal 0 (Cup Semi @ Villa Park) ... very vivid memory of Giggs running down the wing that day ... and thinking wow we are mortal ... (perhaps Giggs is as immortal in a football sense as you get - that was 5.5 years ago)

Why do you remember Deller"s springloaded darts in 1983?

L
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 18:40:44 PM by Honeybadg »

lukybugur

• Platinum Member
« Reply #664 on: November 30, 2009, 19:21:10 PM »
 ::)   :-\

Just how strong are those anti-biotics Louis ... ? Mixing them with alchobevvy ... ?

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #665 on: November 30, 2009, 21:37:46 PM »
... well ... not intending to drink ... but my mother"s "recipe" for fixing such things include a 1 inch measure of Dark Rum ... obviously need a few of them (with honey, cloves, lemon juice and pith plus flu powder!)

I think going forward drinks should be served by their length ... once you get a coffee mug out ... an inch of rum is pretty deadly ...

Consquences of being ill are unfortunate ... for example actually watching TV.

E.g. Celebrity Mr and Mrs ... including Willie Thorne (and wife Gill - ex Miss UK!?!)

Watch The Green Mile last night - weird film - good film.

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #666 on: December 02, 2009, 21:10:35 PM »
RT +$692

Played the Betfair $12k ... ($55+5) ... 10 min levels ...

Got bluffed off top pair by a clown who when bluffed himself out of the tournament.

Fish then hit the nut flush ... and then just push and hope ... A7 into QQ (BB) ... all pretty standard.

Poker Million Semi Final on Sky ... got to be better poker than the weird Coren vs Mr X thing I saw earlier ... terrible heads up play.

Oh well ...

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #667 on: December 04, 2009, 19:12:25 PM »
RT +$641

$10k g"tee in play ... nothing happening ...

World Cup ... weird draw ... Germany Vs England in the last 16 ... mmm

Rooney to be top scorer ... 14/1 ... weak group ... mmm

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #668 on: December 05, 2009, 00:28:49 AM »
RT +$616

52nd of 189 left (150 paid) from 1254 in $12.5k g"tee ... prizepool is $18.5k ... desire to avoid the flat part of the pay out curve is great ...

Weird tournament in that I was crippled AQ into A4x ... vs 44 ... then went on the rampage ... luckily winning KT vs QQ ... but then making good calls and traps with not very much ...

Could be the late night that I really don"t need ... DING DING!

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #669 on: December 05, 2009, 01:37:30 AM »
Break 4

54th of 73 left ... just time to shove now ... got to about 20th ... but then card dead ...

Looks like another flat payout ...

QJs through the blinds ...

AK I re-raise and called by KJ ... J on the river ... GRRR .... $46 back .... pointless ... RT + $662

L
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 01:43:37 AM by Honeybadg »

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #670 on: December 11, 2009, 13:24:02 PM »
RT + $665 ... with a tremendous $3.44 profit in the 6 pack WCOAP last week ...

Great format ... shoved back at "pillings" with the goods from the small blind ... JT vs AJ ... but the BB holds AK ... DING DING ... 20th of 105 ...

Zero poker since ... busy with work ... must find a suitbale MTT for tonight ...

Aside was thinking about "Horace goes ski-ing ... no money no ski" ... the genius of the 80s.

L

Pears27

• Silver Member
« Reply #671 on: December 11, 2009, 17:16:06 PM »
Preferred Horace And The Spiders.

Cinema or Stars later - will let you know if the latter.

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #672 on: December 11, 2009, 19:33:34 PM »
Horace and the Spiders ... indeed ... stamp on their heads ...

Playing the $10 re-buy on I-poker ... $12.2k pot ...

Ran great and then got sliced but still 15th of 255 remaining ... 10 mins levels ...

Was at 18,895 vs 2,972 average and in the lead until I lost QQ vs QTs to the flopped flush ... I had luck before with

AK vs 88 and 33
AT vs AQ and 56s
QQ vs 78s
QQ vs K6
AJ vs K6

All the above in pre ...

Now 16,105 vs 7646 Average ... settle for that ...

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #673 on: December 11, 2009, 22:06:58 PM »
... and then the pointless drift to nothing ... no cards and no luck K6 vs AJ ... 7 outside the money ... RT +$634 ...

I think the opposite of the pointless drift to nothing is the absurd road to glory ... I am looking forward to that.

Seems so long since I had a decent online win ... some of my face to face cash play has been okay ... mmm

I was chatting to a guy who played 2000 MTT"s (decent stakes) over the last 18 months ... c£30k profit ... but when he did the analysis could all be statistical noise ... the conclusion was you would need more than one lifetime to "g"tee" that you would take down a really big pay day ... I know you can never g"tee it but ... but the E(x) of more than one life time was a little scary ...

Take a 1000 coin flippers and put them in a room and you will get some pretty crazy outliers ... win 10 coin flips in a row and play solid poker and you are in the hay ... that"s your 1 in 1024 shot ... I guess it is about getting out of the coin flippers union and getting some class!

I think I have been drifting to the weak side ... chips together and then getting a bit weak ... though the 6 pack last week is a great example of getting to the chip lead on my table and then being moved to the table of death ...

I hate the solution that it is just about volume ...but I think it might be ...

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #674 on: December 12, 2009, 18:59:29 PM »
RT +$623

Hit trips holding 23 ... A22x .. but found the case 2 with an Ace in a Sunday Million qualifier ...

Then managed a 5th of 27 for another seat dying AJ vs QJ (standard) ...

Then got a little smahed up with a migraine ... happily cured via Migraleve Pink ... not sure if brain is ready for more poker?

7 Card stud ... I think I have played 5 hands in my life ... looks like a gimme though one of the key questions is how amazingly long it might last ... the word "limit" fills me with fear ...

L