Author Topic: Tales of the Honeybadger  (Read 362269 times)

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
Re: Tales of the Honeybadger
« Reply #735 on: January 05, 2010, 07:36:43 AM »
Day 14 in the gym might be harder!

Rowing is like a killer sport ... nowhere to hide ... about 1000m in feeling it ... made my day 1 target of 2000m but feeling it big time now.

Target is to get to a 4km row and a 4km cross train ... at decent speed ... then see where to go from there!

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #736 on: January 06, 2010, 20:04:18 PM »
RT +$945

Betfair $12k about to begin ... $55+5 - 10 mins levels - a bit quick - but incentivises agresssive play.

In the Sat to this I lost K8 vs T5 heads up ... standard.

Gym - Day 15 - 6.5km cross trainer - 2.5km rowing - it"s hurting - but if the scales are to be believed I have returned to 15 stone 4 ...

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #737 on: January 06, 2010, 20:11:30 PM »
RT +$1005 - simply yawning too much - unregistered - rare!

May have a look on the cash tables ... ???

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #738 on: January 06, 2010, 20:55:06 PM »
Gambling Head now back on ...

Really liking Dave Chsinall to win the BDO (pub darts) ... he has had the best average in the tournament 96.84 ... 5/1 shot ...

He has Ted Hankey in the next round, but bookies make Chisnall the narrow favourite (well Betfair at least!).

Tony O"Shea the danger I expect at 4/1 ... they could meet in the final.

I won on Hankey at 14/1 first time he won it (did not back last year) but hardly convincing this time around.

Attack Attack!

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #739 on: January 06, 2010, 21:45:19 PM »
RT +$986

... but with a £100 bet on Chisnall at just over 5/1 ... as a virtual "freeroll"

Dream cash team ... and 79s became trips with x77 flop ... over pair paid ...

Not sure if it is possible to sleep before 10pm ... but might be worth a shout!

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #740 on: January 07, 2010, 10:37:04 AM »
RT +$906 (plus the below)

Chisnall attack continues ... £150 on now at 5/1 ... GAMBLE ...

L
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 10:44:41 AM by Honeybadg »

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #741 on: January 07, 2010, 23:30:45 PM »
Chisnall produces the epic come back ... now 11/4 ... could chop the position to a freeroll for £350 ... something to ponder overnight ...

Didn"t watch the game as on a train ... looks like it may be 4 even horses in the Semi Finals ...

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #742 on: January 08, 2010, 09:26:03 AM »
... brain together ... though it would appear Chisnall meets O"Shea in the Semi ...

Other two QFs are today ... which could be good viewing ahead of taking a view.

It may be the case that the best thing today is to trade live.

Very little poker going on ... I think as the day draws on ... a little cash my become interesting ...

London appears to have taken most of the week off, which is annoying/understandable ... it is what makes our country great ... smile!

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #743 on: January 08, 2010, 20:12:32 PM »
A nice shock from Martin Phillips over Scott Waites in tonight"s first QF.

Very little movement in the prices ... Martin Adams the narrowing favourite despite not being through yet ... he should make the final now ... so semi coin flip for Chisnell vs O"Shea ... then would be c 6/5 for the final vs Adams ... might take half the cash out then!?

Sunday night looks like it could be poker night ...

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #744 on: January 08, 2010, 23:45:47 PM »
RT +$1117

Good little cash session ... plus $211 on $.5/1 cash table

JJ vs 44
AA vs JJ as overpairs
Turned a straight ...

... but then went card dead and remained a little (too) aggressive ...

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #745 on: January 09, 2010, 08:46:03 AM »
Bad Little cash session ... or so it is shaping ...

QQ looking okay vs Txx (rainbow) ... but the turn is a T ... and the button raiser (I was in the small blind) hold KTo ... I played it aggressively ... but tough spot 1

Next up the classic TT into 338 ... vs 88 ... tricky ... so now it is the fightback I hope ...

Currently sitting at -$176 for the session ... lovely start to the day ...

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #746 on: January 09, 2010, 09:20:41 AM »
RT +$882

Really nightmare session ... managed to lose to a rivered set of trips when getting flat called by bottom pair ... and so on ... amusingly I also got river straight flushed ... albeit he had all the draws ...

More amusingly about two hands later he went on a tirade about how the site is rigged (yawn) ... people have short memories ... but the rationale was novel ... "it must be rigged, why else would they domicile the site in Malta?" ... could it be the (relative) low cost intelligent work force, could it be for tax reasons ... or could it be to rig $.5/1 games ... I am not sure.

Anyway ... in a poker sense an annoying start to the weekend ... I could have lost a few $"s less ... but essentially just knocking me back to where I was before last night when I ran good ...

I am contemplating the gym ... day 18 it will be ... I think that I do have to go ... do some rowing ...

I am "sure" that Birmingham has more canal mileage than Venice ... so perhaps I will imagine rowing around Birmingham today ... no corneto for me ... I will sail in for a grease burger with fries on "Broad Street" ... is that where I once walked and played ... sometimes I forget the street names ...

Have a good weekend ... cheer on the Chisnall ...

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #747 on: January 09, 2010, 14:38:26 PM »
... weird things are happening ...

I am sitting here having done 6km rowing and 4.35km marching (7.2kmh up a 2% gradient) ... and my main thought is to return to the gym ...

Darts first though ...

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #748 on: January 09, 2010, 15:38:11 PM »
O"Shea 3 Chisnall 2

O"Shea 1.68
Chisnall 2.42

Chisnall remains value there ... but I will stick to my stake as is ... could be very close ...

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #749 on: January 09, 2010, 16:21:44 PM »
... or maybe just a rout ... Chisnall on total fire at the end ... with 164,121 finishes ... in the last two legs both on the BULL ...

Odds on for the title just ...

O"Shea was very poor when put under pressure so need to have a think about the final ... ideally Martin Philiips can cause a shock vs Martin Adams in the second semi.

Chisnall post match ... "going to get drunk tonight ... not been drunk all week" ... could wait a night!?!

Looks like his final average would have been about 98/99 ... might need to do that again for the final?

L