Author Topic: Tales of the Honeybadger  (Read 361860 times)

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
Re: Tales of the Honeybadger
« Reply #840 on: March 02, 2010, 20:50:50 PM »
+$519

Played the $80k g"tee on Stars ... AK vs QQ ... classic defeat ... I could have been more patient but what is the point?

Might need to resort to rowing ... a sick thought ...

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #841 on: March 05, 2010, 22:57:28 PM »
RT +$210

$100+9 plus 1R 1A ... a typical no cards and badly timed shoved and I am done for ...

K8s into TT and AA ... obviously the wind up King appears ... but no heroic brother on the river ...

Might have to retire soon ...

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #842 on: March 06, 2010, 19:17:27 PM »
RT +$96

The race to zero is back on ...

Late to register and early to exit the $40k g"tee on PokerStars ...

89s into QTx worth the cheap call for the J ... but not when it comes and the flat call after me holds the AK ...

Sometimes ABC is best but tough to put down the straight ...

Was going okay in the $20k g"tee - but this time the straight is turned against me ...

Away from such folly I went to see Queens of the South beat Partick 1-0 in a terrible encounter ... so little skill on show ...  there is talk of an 18 team top flight in Scotland ... on this showing I hope not ...

As I watched I recalled my "attempts" to hire a gingerbread man costume ...

Early a baby threw it""s dummy at me ... I think there is a message in there ... said baby had an ice cold stare ... mentally I was folding anything ...

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #843 on: March 06, 2010, 20:31:38 PM »
RT +$36

Betfair $12k just about to kick off ...

Nice overlay 171 runners @ $55+5 ... just look the good old days.

Watching Prime Minister"s Questions ... featuring Harriet Harman the deputy PM ... it"s like a circus ... questions about dangerous dogs with MPs making dog noises ... OMG ...

This was the week that Michael Foot died ... made me think ... where are all the real politicians ... was never keen on Maggie Thatcher/Michael Heseltine and co but a damn sight better than the current crop of wafer thin conservatives.

I had a bet on a hung parliament at 2/1 earlier in the week ... I think that is pretty big ... especially as Cameron is going to have to debate live ...

I keep getting letters "from" David Cameron where you get to fill in boxes of what you think their policies should be ... I think the answer should be stick to what you know ... "look after the rich" ... at least then we get a choice ... at the moment it is a guess who"s where who"s clothes event ...

Good start in the poker too ...

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #844 on: March 06, 2010, 21:20:25 PM »
Break 1 Betfair $12k

62nd of 94 - 18 paid

Avoid going bust with 55 into AJ5 vs JJ

Got dealt AA three times ... raise - fold ... raise - fold ... slow played UTG ... vs three players perhaps a lucky escape with the A flush.

Need to double up ... watch me shove into AA ...

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #845 on: March 06, 2010, 22:23:39 PM »
Break 2 -Betfair $12k

8th of 24 - 18 paid.

Loaded table so no g"tee of the money ...

Could have been better losing QQ vs KJ but nice cards ... was patient with AJ folded to the all in of A8s ... perhaps a mistake but I got the chips when he went over the top KTo vs my AA ...

Chances ... but sometimes that just means that you win the bubble ...

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #846 on: March 06, 2010, 23:04:26 PM »
RT +$180

Reasons to hate poker ...

Patiently I make the money ... time to get busy ... AJs vs J2o ... you know the rest ...

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #847 on: March 07, 2010, 13:37:54 PM »
EPSN Classic TV today thus far ...

Including the Infamous Scotland 3 Holland 2 game in the 1978 World Cup ...

Archie Gemmill makes it 3-1 ... with his famous goal ... what people forget is that Johnny Rep scores a better goal to make it 3-2 ...

As ever Scotland out on goal difference ...

Double aside at this time Scotland were 4-2 up vs Holland in their matches played ...

Falkirk vs Celtic ... not going to be even an SPL Classic - so off to the rowing machine ...

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #848 on: March 07, 2010, 17:26:02 PM »
RT +$228

Dundee United worthy winners of the wrestling at Tannadice.

Pretty much a war zone from the start and with the ref apparently cardless just a question of who could inflict the most injuries.

4 mins of injury time ... should have been 10 ... oh well ...

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #849 on: March 11, 2010, 19:01:29 PM »
RT +$119 with the $40k g"tee on Pokerstars in play.

Break 1 - Bad shape ...

66 into 567 ... obvious dangers ... but not expecting to be drawing dead versus 77 and A6

Very short ...

Been a real slog work wise this week though my mental sharpness as returned ...

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #850 on: March 11, 2010, 22:03:40 PM »
RT +$127

Complusive bluffing not punished ... for tiny cash profit ...

It just dawned on me that this blog is one year old ... a lot of poker ... but no profit ... not sure what I think of that.

I could have attacked less with profits but aiming for the big win ...

... I could have been less passive at times ... but truth is beaten out of lots of tournaments when in the money ...

Perhaps year 2 of the blog will be different???

Black Belt Poker in London - kind of gutted to not be involved - a well set up tournament - APAT like ...

L

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #851 on: March 11, 2010, 22:06:02 PM »
no big loss either - financial neutrality when pursuing a "hobby" is fine - costs a fotune to play golf  ;D

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #852 on: March 12, 2010, 14:29:14 PM »
... golf would indeed be a hazard for my disposal income ... there is a challenging championship course half a mile from my house which I have not yet played ... infact since I gave up my last job in April I have hardly hit a ball ...

It suddenly seemed pointless ... like trying to balance 10p pieces on the back of a dog ...

I am of course also running my own business which gobbles up the time ... lessons and patience required for golf ... little time for lessons ... nor being patient ...

Black Belt Poker event in London is winding me up ... I really should and could have been playing it ... great field ... 300 Runners ... $220 buy in ... you can even bet on it ... though the book is even worse than that of Blue Square for the last APAT ... quite a few APAT names in the field.

Perhaps something online tomorrow night!?!

L

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #853 on: March 12, 2010, 14:42:49 PM »
Did you check if thr was an alt list?  Im playin day 1b.
[ ] ECOAP 2012 Team Event Gold...

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #854 on: March 12, 2010, 14:55:30 PM »
It is tempting ... but I have ear marked the day for work now ... and I am in Scotland ... so would be a mega early train ...

Good luck - pretty strong field ...

L