Author Topic: Tales of the Honeybadger  (Read 355974 times)

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: Tales of the Honeybadger
« Reply #1050 on: July 20, 2010, 21:32:49 PM »

I was there from the off ...

Take it down ... you were going well the other night too ... where did you finish?

I will be back to working crazy hours again tomorrow - so I guess back up for air on Sunday.

(Actually I do have my big home game on Friday ... should be very interesting ... a couple of the guys are back from Vegas ... I will need to find some patience! ... batting on a 4 home game winning streak)

L

Exit shortly after you actually - lost a lump with AQ v AK

Cashed 7 in a row last week... best was 4th. Looks like the run is over suspended

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1051 on: July 20, 2010, 22:34:50 PM »
RT -$449

Cash : Lost a slow buy in ... never on top ... will I ever get back to level!?!

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1052 on: July 25, 2010, 12:04:20 PM »
RT -$1142

"Big game" cash ... came in with 4 straights nights in profit ... a rude awakening vs a tough table.

Two of the guys back from day 3 exits in the main event in Vegas.

Started with £200 playing £1/2 NL ... very quiet to the food break then moved to £2/£5 NL and some shocking match ups ... table pretty loose so I limpe with T9s ... flop T97 rainbow ... vs 77 and 99 ... the 9"s hold and I am on the back foot ...

Gazing worst ever poker night in the face I find AA with two hands to go ... and get doubled up by 77 for a c£500 saver ... last hand 78d a must play hand ... for £25 ... flop 69x two hearts ... mmm ... 4 runners I am second to act ... I call the small bet in a bid for cheap glory ... an all in behind ... so looking at £431 to call the straight draw ... mmm ...

Last to act - "I must have the best hand" ... mmm ... be folds ... first to act makes the call ... and I think I have to fold ...

First all in holds 93 got top pair ... caller Q2 of hearts for the flush draw ...

The river is the obvious spewy T ... but the river is a heart ... so a nice escape ... but a dent in poker funds!

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1053 on: July 25, 2010, 13:07:30 PM »
RT -$1466

Strange week at the tables ... feels a bit like a race to the centre of the earth right now ...

Playing loose - getting some horror match ups ... but hard to say there is any great play going on!

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1054 on: July 25, 2010, 19:36:44 PM »
RT -$1491

Ran out of cards in the Pokerstars $40k g"tee ... ramming K6 on the button in A6 in the SB ...

An epic weekend of sport continues with the darts final ... worth a £50 bet on Barny at 8/1 ...

Last night I participated in an epic game of 4-a-side Badminton ... only two shuttlecocks lost into neighbours gardens.

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1055 on: July 25, 2010, 22:43:08 PM »
RT -$1621

Taylor his usual impreious self ...

Great cards early in the APAT ... but then lost A9 vs TT (calling short stack) and then AQ into AK ...

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1056 on: July 27, 2010, 22:16:39 PM »
RT -$1339

Right - sensible cash until we are level ... god it"s boring ...

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1057 on: July 27, 2010, 22:49:29 PM »
Flicking back through my entries ... c500 days to make a c$1,500 loss ... it"s almost hilarious ...

Easy to see moments of madness, and appreciate the need to grind, but I just don"t think I can grind at the moment.

Month off?

Prepare for the Main Event ... well that is the plan ...

(maybe a few MTT"s along the way - just to keep my hand in!)

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1058 on: July 29, 2010, 19:56:40 PM »
The new Era has begun ...

Upgrade to new Betfair Software has ended my ability to be Honeybadg(er) ...

To herald this new beginning I have become the Moneybadger ... who will play a new breed of poker ... "perhaps" a winning one??

I am retiring the RT ... when I started it I thought I would build on pervious glories ... at times I think it saved me money ... but sometimes as of now it made me want to play in too boring a fashion ...

Let"s see how the MoneyBadger goes on new look Betfair - $30k g"tee starting in 3 mins!

Louis

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1059 on: July 29, 2010, 20:21:32 PM »
The new era feels like the old era ...

19 mins ... QQ loses to AQ ... re-buy ... but happy to not pump the pot ...

L

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #1060 on: July 29, 2010, 20:29:39 PM »
Good luck with the new approach Louis.

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1061 on: July 29, 2010, 20:40:12 PM »

Good luck with the new approach Louis.

Cheers ... not much time ... will probably target some bigger things ... business going great so may just postpone poker "glories"!?!

L

Pears27

• Silver Member
« Reply #1062 on: July 29, 2010, 22:00:16 PM »
Are you sure retiring the RT is a good idea? Hope you"re continuing to monitor your record for some semblance of bankroll management.

Style from 2 years ago ftw...

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1063 on: July 29, 2010, 22:36:06 PM »

Are you sure retiring the RT is a good idea? Hope you"re continuing to monitor your record for some semblance of bankroll management.

Style from 2 years ago ftw...

I"ll always keep a note ... but there were times when I decided I needed to play a certain way to get back level ... when I think I should have been attacking more ...

I may re-instate the RT in the future ... or run it in three months chunks ... not sure?

I was also thinking of going on "say" a Neil Channing poker weekend ... and my usual approach would be to show the cost of this in the RT ... it is an epic quest after all ... not really keen to grind the profits back to parity ... and then attack ... much more fun to be relentless ...

That said ... tonight I was so ready to grind the MTT ... and got smashed up with a nonsense level 2 shove by an AQ ... which I had to call with QQ ... no escape there!

General plan at the moment is to work my ass off at work ... and pump up the Vol" by playing bigger buy in events ... the proof of the pudding will be the Hendon Mob record ... or not ...

Heading back to Scotland on Sunday ... back to London on August 18th ...

L

Cyntaf

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1064 on: July 30, 2010, 17:00:31 PM »
You have been a busy boy, nice to hear work is on the up. VBL in the bigger tourneys.
Hope to c u @ Dtd in August

Cheers Paul
Team Cymru Captain Apat World Team champions 2010 + 2011