Author Topic: Tales of the Honeybadger  (Read 356228 times)

Eck

• Silver Member
Re: Tales of the Honeybadger
« Reply #1080 on: August 12, 2010, 23:32:26 PM »

Nice result last night Louis.

Interesting ... no memory of playing last night ... defo not winning ... in a horror run ...perhaps a namesake ... what didn"t I win!?!

Just outside the money today in Betfair $7k g"tee deepstack ... JJ into AA ... no help ...

Louis

Obv fanboy then:

http://www.pocketfives.com/tournament/576477/

was looking forward to sharing a FT with you and paul till some clown decided it would be a good idea to squeeze a shove  with AJ against my AK.

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1081 on: August 13, 2010, 08:40:28 AM »

Zero loss for the night = cause for congratulation? Nice rubdown Eck  ;D

Smile - I am saving all my Aces for Nottingham ... (and luck??)

Reflecting on last night ... I had AA twice ... all folded to me twice ... OMG ...

Anyway life is good ... (despite RT - $2150!!) ... way back when I decided if I ever got to -$3,000 then I would start managing my bank roll properly (again).

The idea of course was to build on previous profits made ... what can you say it is a very volatile game!

Maybe Steve Stricker will win the golf and wipe our these losses??

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1082 on: August 13, 2010, 22:18:28 PM »

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1083 on: August 14, 2010, 16:54:44 PM »
Nice Cash session to pull $320 back ...

Lost a AJ vs ATs in deepstack ... spew ... 30% I know ... like rolling a dice and bemoaning a 1 or 2 appearing ...

APAT tonight ... was trying to find a tournament ... doh!

Need a lot to happen in the golf ... Stricker and Goosen (who was "dead" but chipped in three times!)

Never got round to doing a football coupon ... E Stirling would have killed me ...

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1084 on: August 15, 2010, 02:46:03 AM »
Weird night

5th in the Omaha
2nd in the Holdem

Last hand AT in to AQ ... and we both hit full houses ... once we were down to three, the cards were ridiculous ...

Looked down and out 42nd from 42 ...
Would have taken chip lead but for AK losing to AQ pretty late on ... oh well ... no seat ... AT vs AQ ... pretty much always going all in heads up ...

+$1037 on the day ... WARM UP tomorrow!

L
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 13:01:44 PM by Honeybadg »

lukybugur

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1085 on: August 15, 2010, 19:36:24 PM »

+$1037 on the day ... WARM UP tomorrow!

L

Nice one. RT - ?

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1086 on: August 15, 2010, 20:07:54 PM »
RT -$1143 ... this morning ... though paid $415 of buy-ins ... and lots of golf stuff in play ...

Getting towards the money in $200k g"tee on Betfair ... but just for halved JJ vs AK ...

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1087 on: August 15, 2010, 20:41:19 PM »
(RT - $1548) ... lost two races in the Betfair $200k ... to finish just outside the money ...

Wen Liang - a big winner for me if he can pull off a shock!

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1088 on: August 18, 2010, 21:48:44 PM »
Cash going pretty well ... I like the idea of a "cash" contest within the APAT ... not sure how that works ... will post something ...

Played a little heads up tournament ... won first round ... but then ran top pair into the over pair ...

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1089 on: August 21, 2010, 14:42:22 PM »
Amazing cricket ... I have money on England to win ... though not at the 499/1 matched in Betfair ... now down to 8/1

Very lazy day for me ... will likely save poker playing to tomorrow night.

Have great fun battling out a 6-6 draw (60 mins) at 7-a-side soccer last night - sore today though.

Next Friday - Dawn to Dusk for Scotland ... gimme gimme ...

Louis

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1090 on: August 21, 2010, 16:16:53 PM »
Played a six handed $3k g"tee on Betfair - only $22 in ... 12 mins levels ... proper poker ...

LEVEL 1 : I call with TT vs K4s ... straight on the river ... then KK vs K2 ... runner runner flush loss ...
LEVEL 2 : AA vs Qx into Qxx ... Q on the river ... fook me ...

Give me rags anytime ...

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1091 on: August 21, 2010, 21:24:45 PM »
... so the evening encounters ...

Cash ... solid for $160 ...

Betfair Deepstack -going great guns - 6th of 65 left - until JJ into AA ... and then K9s into KJx ... vs the flat calling KQ ... trying to get busy ... easy to fold K9s even on the button ...

Cricket losses and expenses to Notts ... RT -$1940 ...

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1092 on: August 22, 2010, 19:18:58 PM »
Betfair $50k g"tee

No cards for an hour and then I raise with AJ ... flat called ... flop J99 ... I bet ... re-raised all in ... I have to call ... vs Q9 ... wow to the flat call ...

Next stop the $12k g"tee Night Rehab ... $10 re-buy could be explosive ...

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1093 on: August 23, 2010, 08:32:51 AM »
Betfair $12k ... played well ... on the final table bubble I shoved from the button with 22 into KK standard ... was getting short having been card dead ... 11th from 570 ... not bad ...

In the APAT 4th of 89 ... mmm ... went a bit crazy once 5 handed ... but points were decided and really wanted to get it won ... star hand of the night AA vs KK vs QQ ... straight by the turn ... sweet ...

Running good in the APAT ... made last three final tables ... does that carry to Notts??

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1094 on: August 27, 2010, 09:15:46 AM »
WORLD TEAM EVENT - APAT

A solid start for Scotland - before a disappointing day.

My mother sent me a picutre of "Buttock Point" as we played - perhaps quite apt.

Buttocks are great and solid - but you cannot win on buttocks alone!

Game 1 :

Stucture is such that there is incentive to sit and wait ... so with that in mind perhaps a tiny bit too active early on ...

Brian Yates - first to go - very unlucky - first running into a 72 inspired flush then losing AQ to AT ... of course these things come back to bite other people and it was the Italian playing 72 that eliminated me in 3rd place AQ vs KT ... mmm

Still joint 3rd after 4 events - on 12pts.

Round 2 ... Hand 1 ... UTG ... JJ ... I limp to spike ... button raise no surprise ... but the Dan Owston (SB) all in has me wondering ... I have to fold ... and the French Button has to call ... with KK ... Dan QQ ... only one winner there ... 4 clubs to the flush ... and Dan is on crushing mode ... so bullet one dodged ... next up an absurd split playing A2 ... flop AT2 all hearts ... not ideal but surely the Ace on the turn represents joy ... all in on the brick river ... Dan has the A2 too ...

Dutch player next to go ... at which point the game became choose a spot ... with Poland and Scotland pretty shortly ... John Murray a bit happier especially when doubled by the flush with both he and Dan hitting an 8 high flop with 86 ... John suited and flsuhing ...

Exit hand AJ push ... Dan calls with A5o ... with Poland waking up with 99 ... three way action ... and only one winner winner ... Dan ... OMG ... less chips for me so I am out in 4th ...

End of Round 2 ... a dismal 19 points ...

End of Round 3 ... an even more dismal 19 points ...

Heads up nightmare for me ... 2"s with everything missed every flop ... mega disciplined to stay alive ... doubled with AK vs QQ and JJ vs A7 ... but ran out of cards and time ... to lose on the river ... albeit in behind ... K8 vs AQ ...

Did my Welsh opponent have AQ or better every hand ... it certainly felt that way ...

Day 2 beckons ... someone will blow up ... we need to be aggressive ... so perhaps some free flowing brilliance ... or perhaps 2"s and 3"s all day long!?

L