Author Topic: Tales of the Honeybadger  (Read 356126 times)

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
Re: Tales of the Honeybadger
« Reply #1095 on: August 27, 2010, 09:26:49 AM »
Nice report Louis.

All to play for today.

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1096 on: August 27, 2010, 11:43:26 AM »
Hopefully a better report today!

I should add Chris Kelly very unlucky yesterday ... Aces cracked by AJ ... JJ cracked by KT heads up ...

Need a massive day to day ... but why not!?!

2.45pm kick off seems like a long time away ...

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1097 on: August 28, 2010, 09:52:17 AM »
APAT TEAM EVENT - DAY 2

A long wait to start - and a very quick heads up victory over Holland.

A9 into AAx (two diamonds) ... all in ahead ... sweat on the flush draw ... but over in 9 hands (8 of which won!)

Sadly little more heads up glory for Scotland 4 points from 16 ...

STT - 3rd place - and a 13 point round into the middle of the pack.

Wales and Canada battling for glory ... so "pleased" I think to find Mr Rudders on my final STT ... last night ground down by the his rack ... this time ... I called his death shove with AK ... his feeble trembling K5 ... soon the roaring Dragon ... with a 5 first card up ... (side spew) ... that said it was a table of beats ... earlier Rudders A8 into AK ... split pot ...

Earlier still ... Colin O"Prey got jiggy with his Snowmen ... only to find a pair of Polish Kings ... flop 88x .... Wow ... last years Champions down in flames ... so much luck in running ... I guess as always ...

Well played the medalists ... great first session from them both and held on ...

Very much hungry for another bite at this next year ...

L
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 14:58:42 PM by Honeybadg »

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1098 on: August 28, 2010, 22:28:04 PM »
A welcome day away from the tables ... a chance to dream of nice match ups that actually hold up ...

Bought some super shirts aimed at induding headaches for my opponents tomorrow ...

Had I time I would created the following picture into a T-Shirt ...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_R50zu6H13A0/RehSM33Rm_I/AAAAAAAAAOc/k9KCCZj4M78/s400/jokes-funny-bunny-pancake

Ate some fish ... so just about fuelled up for battle.

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1099 on: August 30, 2010, 01:50:29 AM »
Day 1B

3 mins to go ... Serial raiser Gareth Cash pops things up to 7200 ish on 1500/3000 (200) ... I am all in for c24,400 ... I want called for sure ... holding 77 ... but as is the way the K6 call proves inspired (just about priced in) ... first card a King ... and a six for good measure ... spew!

Good luck to Gareth - most active on the table - though the script was for him to pay me off ... and not kill me!

Weird day ... KK paid in full by KQ into Qxx ... and then just a case of small ball and occasional stealing ... stack only at risk these twice ... AA twice and no takers ... late shoves un-called ... definately happy to take a 70% shot at a c55k pot ... but tough cheese to me ... until next year!

L

JamieCarra

• Silver Member
« Reply #1100 on: August 30, 2010, 02:18:05 AM »

Day 1B

3 mins to go ... Serial raiser Gareth Cash pops things up to 7200 ish on 1500/3000 (200) ... I am all in for c24,400 ... I want called for sure ... holding 77 ... but as is the way the K6 call proves inspired (just about priced in) ... first card a King ... and a six for good measure ... spew!

Good luck to Gareth - most active on the table - though the script was for him to pay me off ... and not kill me!

Weird day ... KK paid in full by KQ into Qxx ... and then just a case of small ball and occasional stealing ... stack only at risk these twice ... AA twice and no takers ... late shoves un-called ... definately happy to take a 70% shot at a c55k pot ... but tough cheese to me ... until next year!

L

;D

ian.ski309

• Gold Member
« Reply #1101 on: August 30, 2010, 09:38:24 AM »

Earlier still ... Colin O"Prey got jiggy with his Snowmen ... only to find a pair of Polish Kings ... flop 88x .... Wow ... last years Champions down in flames ... so much luck in running ... I guess as always ...

This scenario epitomized a fair proportion of our exit hands, a painful way to crash and burn. We must have walked under a lot of ladders recently...  ;)
APAT European Team Championships 2009 - Gold Medal

"The gambling known as business looks with austere disfavor upon the business known as gambling." - Ambrose Pierce

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1102 on: August 30, 2010, 10:25:29 AM »

Day 1B

L

;D

Mmm ... an evil smile ... quite like Gareth C to win it now ...

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1103 on: August 30, 2010, 10:26:41 AM »

This scenario epitomized a fair proportion of our exit hands, a painful way to crash and burn. We must have walked under a lot of ladders recently...  ;)

Volatility seemed particularly high ... hopefully see you next year!

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1104 on: August 30, 2010, 19:01:27 PM »
... well all the fun is over ... back to earth with a minor cash in Pokerstars $40k g"tee ... was in good shape only to lose JJ vs a7 ... and crippled ... oh well.

Curry has arrived - perfect cure ...

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1105 on: August 31, 2010, 09:55:23 AM »
... but what is the cure for Tuesday morning and no poker?

Work?
Excercise?

These seem poor cures though - one brings money ... one energy ... both useful for fuelling/funding further exploits.

Reviewed some of the footage of the Sunday night streaming ... very illuminating ...

APAT experience - very positive - time to review the calendar!

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1106 on: September 03, 2010, 17:59:57 PM »
The long slog back to parity ... -$2150

Tempted to attempt it via heads up matches ... might be madness.

1-1 in matches today ...

The one I lost ... I hit the straight on the river ... vs flopped quad 6"s ... OMG!

WCOOP is tempting me ... kicks off on Sunday ... $1.25m g"tee ... $215 six max ...

There is also a 4 max ... OMG ... so tempting ...

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1107 on: September 04, 2010, 20:50:09 PM »
Two tournaments - few cards ...

In one I push K-rag into A-rag and lose ...in the other I call with A-rag vs the K-rag push ... and lose ... it feels standard ...

Feels like quite a while since I ran good ... save it for the APAT tomorrow I guess ...

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1108 on: September 11, 2010, 14:55:56 PM »
Poker Free week ... happily about to end!

WCOOP 19 - $109 - $1.25m g"tee - 10 min Levels - 3000 chips. (6pm)

So I guess 12500+ runners ... an absurb event ... but hopefully a great event too!

I will need to acquire vast supplies of red bull ... and then get knocked out in two hours!

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1109 on: September 11, 2010, 20:24:04 PM »
WCOOP 19

1887th of 11085 ... (1440 paid) ... and super spewed out ...

Flopped a house when in for cheap in the BB vs two opponents.

78o in 778 (Two Hearts)

Versus J7 - late min raiser &
AT (Hearts) - who is doing the betting for me ...

Turn is an Ace ... to open up the absurd runner-runner Ace defeat ...

River is a Jack ... and I am out ... instead of top 100 ... with 40k vs 17k Average ...

Money in with an 85% chance to triple up ...

What next?

L