Author Topic: Tales of the Honeybadger  (Read 356506 times)

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
Re: Tales of the Honeybadger
« Reply #1290 on: April 04, 2011, 11:15:36 AM »
Well played Louis.  Great fun to follow APATers in other events, wish I was back for the Sunday to rail you live.

Was gutted with my own game on the Friday, so going to have to ramp up my live tournaments.  Keep me posted with what you are playing.

Won"t be long before you take one of these down, based on your consistent form.

WP

samuel_9

• Gold Member
« Reply #1291 on: April 04, 2011, 11:27:52 AM »

Well played Louis.  Great fun to follow APATers in other events, wish I was back for the Sunday to rail you live.

Was gutted with my own game on the Friday, so going to have to ramp up my live tournaments.  Keep me posted with what you are playing.

WP
have to agree only a matter of time

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1292 on: April 04, 2011, 13:22:34 PM »

WP

This is the next face to face event I will play :
http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/festival.php?a=r&n=8513

L

samuel_9

• Gold Member
« Reply #1293 on: April 04, 2011, 13:36:56 PM »
glk

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #1294 on: April 04, 2011, 17:47:13 PM »
wd on finalling Louis, you are on fire. time to bink a win now
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1295 on: April 04, 2011, 18:30:18 PM »

wd on finalling Louis, you are on fire. time to bink a win now

Yes indeed!

Though I am saving my luck for the Home Internationals!

There were a few marginal hands yesterday that I could have re-shoved ... but so many people eliminated doing exactly that ... wrong seemingly marginal call made ... creating big stacks for the lucky (sometimes skillful) player ... I had lots of AA starting hands ... but never his trips on my pocket pairs ...

The event made me think a lot about my game ... lots of good things ... but lots of things were it felt that there were ways to exert real pressure on good players (whereas worse players just call you because AK or top pair are unbeatable hands!)

I am still pondering this ... quite a few hands to re-run in my mind ... also pondering how many big stacks were big just because there was a massive race between two players ... one is chipped ... one has gone home ...

I was really pleased to see Peter Wigglesworth win - on my left on the table before the final table - not ideal given our stacks - but a very good player and nice guy.

Just before the final table I rather enjoyed a 1.5m pot between serial raiser and disbeliever ... they got it all in 88 vs A9 ... only one winner there ... massive call with A9 ... blinds 15/30k at the time ...

More thoughts to follow.

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1296 on: April 04, 2011, 22:17:14 PM »
... fired up a quick $1/2 NL session but managed only 8 hands for a $16 profit before my eyes began to swirl ...

Prime chance to donk off some $s avoid ... pleased!

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1297 on: April 05, 2011, 21:33:37 PM »
Seriously starting to think about playing the WSOP main event!

If my RT was still in operation it would have come back to about +$2k ... need to comb accounts though no point ...

Keeping the RT proved various thing to me ... poker is much hard now than it was three years ago being top!

The other was, once you add in expenses it is so hard to make any money!

I resolved to play mainly London tournaments and online MTTs, plus the APAT that worked calendar wise.

Great honour to be a Scotland captain, and will certainly play the worlds and the Pro-Am ...

But to Vegas?

A couple of the guys in my home game are playing the main event ... mmm ... just about $6000 returned on Sunday so why not just route it to "the greatest show on earth!" ... vol max ... although massive one of the softest tournaments around ... a giant Sunday Warm Up in Vegas ... feels very appealling ...

Watch this space ...

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1298 on: April 05, 2011, 22:51:42 PM »
I guess I had enough luck at the weekend ... but a nasty little cash session tonight for -$210 ...

Playing $1/2 on Stars ... vs a serial raiser ... I get them nice and riled by a bluff and show ... then I raise with KJ ... standard re-raise ... which I flat ... Kh83 rainbow ... they bet with everything so I flat ... turn is a 9h  ... I totally hate the second bullet ... semi fearing the AK ... but I call ... river is Jh ... now I totally love the AK ... mmm ... he instantly goes all in ... mmm ... AK or ... has he just runner-runner flushed me in the style of Gareth Cash?

Mmm ... I have to call ... he holds QhTh for the straight flush ... OMG ... I could have tried to killed the action on the turn ... but I think this is just the cooler you have to take playing wild and loose ... smile ...

I just cannot bear to grind these days ... down sides to this approach but lots of "fun"

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1299 on: April 06, 2011, 18:17:46 PM »
... another day ... another plan developing ... walking about in the sun pondering whether it would better to head to Vegas a bit earlier in the series and play say a $1,500 and a $2,500 event ... with whather else to fill up a week of poker ... it"s a good choice to have ...

I have booked into the Black Belt poker "Heads Up Academy" on Saturday ... 1-7pm ... what will I learn?

It is being run by Nik Persuad : "World Heads up Champion" from 28 runners & Sam Razavi 6th in the Aussie Millions and out a little before me in the weekend Black Belt ...

It will be the first time that I have been to this type of event ... and it will be fascinating to see what the value add is ... £150 ticket seems steep but if there is a piece of magic to acquire that would be cool.

How often do people really get to play heads up when it matters?

It might have been more interesting to run an "end game" session ... "make your move" and all that ...

More thoughts to follow.

L

Pears27

• Silver Member
« Reply #1300 on: April 06, 2011, 19:03:56 PM »
That"s a great list of reasons to avoid an event you"ve just bought into?!

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1301 on: April 06, 2011, 20:15:22 PM »
... smile ... see what comes of it ... there might be some grains of genius ... I decided I would go to the poker events/training/seminars that fall before me ... can I persuade you to come to Vegas?

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1302 on: April 06, 2011, 21:53:26 PM »
Played the Betfair $10k - 12 min levels

Out inside an hour top pair better kicker vs top pair and flush draw followed by AT vs 88 ... no help ...

Structure a bit fast really but no excuses ... no sixth straight cash ... feels weird!

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1303 on: April 06, 2011, 23:42:19 PM »
Scrapped pretty hard to only lose $125 playing cash ... mainly due to a AK into Axx hand .. turn an 8 ... vs A8 ... great ...

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1304 on: April 07, 2011, 20:11:03 PM »
The tournament bite back begins ... $55 buy in $90k g"tee on Stars ... flopped two pairs vs flopped straight and out ... of course in a deeper format you find an escape from such folly ...

Maybe play some cash to soothe me ...