Author Topic: Tales of the Honeybadger  (Read 356063 times)

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
Re: Tales of the Honeybadger
« Reply #1410 on: August 28, 2011, 20:13:56 PM »
... and out just before break 4 ... shoving the nut flush draw with a gut shot and an overcard vs the top pair with an up and down straight draw who dwell called would have gone to 72k vs 45k average had I spiked ... blinds 600/1200 ... a big call to make ... the right shove as we approached the money ... crumbs shoved with A4 into AK ... earlier lost 99 Vs T7 to dent momentum ...

Played well - no cigar - which goes to the top pair/draw calling "hero" ... smile ...

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1411 on: August 29, 2011, 13:32:04 PM »
Athletics betting ...  and another photo finish with Montsho holding on by 3 hundredths vs Alyson Felix ... both running PBs ...

A little stake money for the 110m Hurdles (men) and 100m (women) ... both tricky races to call ...

Got to go for Jason Richardson after stunning run in the Semi Finals - 2/1 looks great

ARGH - So close - will go to the judges - but a bad start and bust ... by 2 hundredths subject to protest as the winner impeded the third placed athlete ... go the stewards ...

L
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 13:41:46 PM by Honeybadg »

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1412 on: August 29, 2011, 13:54:14 PM »
Looking back at the hurdles ... Robles holds back and springs off the 3rd placed athlete ... surely they protest ... we shall see ...

Ladies 100m - took the epic value on Veronica Campbell-Brown at 12/1 - a valiant 2nd place to Jeter who finally wins something ... Fair play ... great last 10/15m ...

... weird to suddenly want the Olympics to role on.

Bank Holiday ... so cinema/curry/work ... something wrong in that trio ... but good to be caught up with my lack of sleep.

GAME ON.

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1413 on: August 29, 2011, 17:32:28 PM »
Athletics dream goes on ... obvious luck in running ... +£317 today ... Robles holds back Liu Xiang and stops him winning ... rightly disqualified but hard to see Richardson winning in a free run race ... take the money move on ...

Normally I see such monies as tickets for poker tournament but I am all pokered out for the moment ...

Looking forward to more athletics betting tomorrow though.

The odds seems to be very polarised towards the favourites and less on the current form which seems odd (but good).

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1414 on: September 03, 2011, 15:53:00 PM »
Saturday afternoon poker ... $20+2 buy in Pokerstars event ... massive field ... made up 23s in the BB flop top pairs ... always going in with K32 flop ... vs top pair flush draw ... no hold ...

Made the ultra optimistic bet on Scotland vs Czech Repulic ... Scotland as bad as I have seen them ... but somehow ahead ... one shot ... one keeper error ... they should have scored after 5 mins ... should have had a penalty ... I cannot bet it but Czech"s are a little over 7/1 to win ... massive ... but maybe their heads will go down??

Another small stake $2 re-buy about to start ... $50k g"tee ... you start with 3000 chips ... after an hour of 5 minute levels you get a 30,000 add on ... genius ... could be lively ...

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1415 on: September 03, 2011, 19:55:50 PM »
... obvious shovefest in the $2 re-buy ... approaching the money the button shove with KQ is met with A7o ...

Now to prep" for the APAT Main Event .... small field which is a shame ... the first I played of these was 236 runners ... I came 6th ... losing with AA on the FT ...

Rather enjoying the fact that my girlfriend is cooking samosas ... so good to get them 30 secs out of the pan!

Home made lamb kebabs to follow ...

Last night some epic sushi/sashimi/gyoza in a hidden gem of a Japanese restaurant near Kings Cross ... my glitz ... just great fish ...

I also bough a Raspberry doughnut Frijj Milkshake ... weird ... and spotted the legendary food item ... "****o" Hot Chilli Sauce with Shrimp and Fish ... appaarently Ghana"s Best ...

Right - see how many raising hands I can find in the first hour ...

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1416 on: September 03, 2011, 22:33:40 PM »
APAT Main Event (online) ... got going pretty quickly flopping straights ... but momentum gone QJ into QJT vs JT ... ten on the turn ... and killed 98 into K9x8 vs KT ... Ten on the river ... not a night for Tens ... shame was enjoying it ...

Will no doubt get tempted by the WCOOP1 - six pack - but two day events online are surely just a bit too much.

Always weird to balance the luck which flows each way ... flopping straights ... although I have to see as reward for being happy to play trash ... get the money in good and all that ...

Oh well ...

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #1417 on: September 03, 2011, 22:54:10 PM »

APAT Main Event (online) ... got going pretty quickly flopping straights ... but momentum gone QJ into QJT vs JT ... ten on the turn ... and killed 98 into K9x8 vs KT ... Ten on the river ... not a night for Tens ... shame was enjoying it ...

Also had hearts draw Louis ;)

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1418 on: September 03, 2011, 22:58:11 PM »
... re-reading my exit hand ... was the money in on the flop with me ahead ... which ever way it was ... it was the ten spike killer ... I was short enough that the money was going in ... but would have beed handily placed ...

Weird to have a memory shimmer ... watching a re-run of Doctor Who ... must have an influence ...

Time is passing very variably at the moment ... feels like a long long time ago that I was at DTD ...

The blog is a strange list of beats and coolers, and loose cash play, yet if I nailed a big win it would feel I was ahead of the curve ...

One day I get to the post the big win - what then?

L

Santino67

• Platinum Member
  • Fat Charlie Sheen - @GrantSpeirs
    • Bebo & Facebook
« Reply #1419 on: September 03, 2011, 23:02:01 PM »

... re-reading my exit hand ... was the money in on the flop with me ahead ... which ever way it was ... it was the ten spike killer ... I was short enough that the money was going in ... but would have beed handily placed ...

Weird to have a memory shimmer ... watching a re-run of Doctor Who ... must have an influence ...

Time is passing very variably at the moment ... feels like a long long time ago that I was at DTD ...

The blog is a strange list of beats and coolers, and loose cash play, yet if I nailed a big win it would feel I was ahead of the curve ...

One day I get to the post the big win - what then?

L

Some more coolers.....then a bigger win  ;)
APAT Scottish Amateur Champion 2011 :~)
APAT Online North America PLO Champion 2011
Chipaccrual's Big APAT Christmas End Of Year Quiz Champion 2011
2012 Scottish Captain @ ECOAP
APAT Online Irish PLO Champion 2013
APAT Online Scottish Champion 2017

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1420 on: September 03, 2011, 23:07:48 PM »

Also had hearts draw Louis ;)

At least my initial memory was correct ... I think the money was always going in even without the hearts ... and to be honest I hardly noticed ... so glad was I to see the raise ... it"s a classic hand ...

I wouldn"t have minded a heart - but it would have come as quite a shock - given I hadn"t noticed!

Perhaps my synapses are cracking ... another sign of my mortality ...

The first time I remember feeling mortal was after an epic night out in Birmingham ... I went to the Arsenal vs Man United cup semi-final match at Villa Park ... the one where Scholes scored a clinical finish from the edge of the box ... Arsenal were better but United were stronger (and dirtier) ... anyway Giggs was running down the wing and I was thinking not too much longer to see that .... feels like six years ago ... again time travel (or wiki) required.

So here is the question ... will there come a time when people remember their last poker hand as well as their last words when they die??

... at the moment ... it would be an amusing tale of getting the money in good and then forgetting what happened!

Maybe I should play one cash hand at least!

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1421 on: September 03, 2011, 23:33:55 PM »
Mini cash session ... lost 80 Euros ... last hand AA vs xx aipf ... as it should be ...

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1422 on: September 04, 2011, 09:59:01 AM »
Scotland 2 Czech Rep 2

True the ref had a mare - but his biggest mistake was not giving the Czech"s a penalty in the first half - it was 100% stonewall .... which sets up the classic soft penalty ... so when you dangle your foot in and miss the ball late on we"ve all seen them given ... Then Berra up to the other end and a penalty claim that you would never want given against you ...

Scotland can still make it - but given how badly they played they will need to do a lot more to beat Lithuania who won in Prague.

Prague is the key to the group - Craig Levein decided to play 4-6-0 - just after Lithuania has won there - why??
There is no answer just a 1-0 defeat.

Yesterday"s we were outlplayed and scored with our first shot - which the keeper should have saved. So we get out of jail at the end of the first half, and get put back in jail at the end of it.

Kenny Miller and Scott Brown both booked for pointless challenges - and both suspended.

Too much moaning - not enough playing ...

Athletics ... Triple Jump should be great ... pretty open in my opinion.

Phillips Idowu 2.4 - best jump on world lists : 17.59
Nelson Evera 5.1 - 17.31
Christian Taylor 6.2 - 17.68
Alexis Capello 6.2 - 17.68

Christian Taylor a fabulous bet at those odds - he"s jumped further than Idowu this year.

He also has a 17.80 just over the max wind speed +2.3m/s

Annoyingly a couple of the minor player could be villians in this analysis so a few pounds on

Sheryf El-Sheryf 17.72 this year
Fabrizio Donato 17.73 this year - (Indoor)

Why not another huge jump from the blue?

Good luck to Phillips - but odds way too short ...

Channel 4 - Analysis - Do you think if Phillips can jump 17.50m then he will win? A :YES : ???

For me 17.70m required so wide open.

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1423 on: September 04, 2011, 10:13:49 AM »
... also fancy Koech as a value bet for the 5000m ...

Marah 2.56
Lagat 2.58
Koech 11.5

Gimme Gimme.

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1424 on: September 04, 2011, 12:28:10 PM »
Fair play to Mo Farah ... I love his expressions ... like he is possessed by happy spirits ...

Christain Taylor finds an insane 17.96m to go way odds on vs Phillips who is jumping tremendously too 17.77m ... time to lock up some profits at 1/10 ... ding ding + £1000 on the Triple Jump ... regardless of the result ...

Good analysis from Moorcroft ... great chance for double gold for Farah at the Olympics.

L