Author Topic: Tales of the Honeybadger  (Read 356163 times)

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
Re: Tales of the Honeybadger
« Reply #1470 on: November 06, 2011, 11:14:08 AM »
Heads up - $100+8 on Betfair.

Epic battle - lost A5 vs J5 : Decided to play more of these current score 2-2.

Been playing well A5 hold for just about all the chips for 3-1 - annoying.

Aside - Having a lump at Wolves vs Wigan - Just over Evens.

Are Wigan not the side who cannot score nor defend - looks like a weak combination to me.

X-Factor - often the backdrop to Saturday and Sunday night poker!

Marcus Collins will win it - just over 3/1 Favourite : He can sing and dance - which as far as I can see nobody else in the competition can - lump.

Tonight"s eliminations - surely Frankie Cocozza has to be first out - he cannot sing or dance - just over Evens.

It would be good to gather monies on the above.

Getting very tempted to play the GUKPT Main Event in London - no travel costs - "just" a £2,500 +125 ticket price.

Dec 1st-4th - two day 1"s - last year 207 runners - just shy of £145k first prize - would come in handy.

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1471 on: November 06, 2011, 13:41:44 PM »
Betfair trawling - I "discovered" that I had bet on Motherwell to finish top excluding the Old Firm in the SPL at 6.2/1 at the start of the season.

Smallish bet but very pleasing - especially if they get a result vs Celtic today.

I love it when I watch Celtic play - Samaras the Oil Tanker a particular highlight.

L

Santino67

• Platinum Member
  • Fat Charlie Sheen - @GrantSpeirs
    • Bebo & Facebook
« Reply #1472 on: November 06, 2011, 16:50:09 PM »

Betfair trawling - I "discovered" that I had bet on Motherwell to finish top excluding the Old Firm in the SPL at 6.2/1 at the start of the season.

Smallish bet but very pleasing - especially if they get a result vs Celtic today.

I love it when I watch Celtic play - Samaras the Oil Tanker a particular highlight.

L

That"ll be rhyming slang I assume  :D
APAT Scottish Amateur Champion 2011 :~)
APAT Online North America PLO Champion 2011
Chipaccrual's Big APAT Christmas End Of Year Quiz Champion 2011
2012 Scottish Captain @ ECOAP
APAT Online Irish PLO Champion 2013
APAT Online Scottish Champion 2017

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1473 on: November 10, 2011, 22:53:50 PM »

L

That"ll be rhyming slang I assume  :D

Samaras is just the slowest forward in the world.

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1474 on: November 10, 2011, 22:58:32 PM »
Busted out of the Betfair $40k g"tee approaching the money my AT squeeze called by KJs - pretty pathetic call on the whole ... but only one winner there ...

Early night is good news - but was looking like I would be in good shape for another decent cash which would have been better news!

Played a slightly crazy version of a limp/super aggressive type - It was going well until a nasty little jack spiked me.

Oh well.

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1475 on: November 12, 2011, 08:44:07 AM »
Friday night poker ... decent cash progress until the ultimate smasher QT into TT3 vs 33 (big stack who has hit everything) ... Decent profit into loss in a flash.

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1476 on: November 12, 2011, 12:43:31 PM »
Saturday morning poker - and it"s the double cooler :

89o hammers into TJQ vs AKs.

I will take it as a sign that I should be doing something else with my weekend!

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1477 on: November 19, 2011, 09:05:24 AM »
Friday night cash much better this week - missed all my draws to go -$250 - played super aggressively to get to +$561 -retired at +$307 : Very volative duel with other super aggressive, $1/2 with $1,600 between us makes for some very interesting poker but I got never fished out the hand to smash their stack over.

Ding Ding - Round 2

L

lukybugur

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1478 on: November 19, 2011, 13:59:04 PM »
Anything special planned for the pending 100th page Louis?

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1479 on: November 19, 2011, 14:29:16 PM »
There is nothing planned - but I guess I could take down the Sunday Warm Up tomorrow??

Last week 58th of 3700+ runners QQ vs AA and 44 vs KJ at the end.

Played some further cash this morning - wiped out last night"s profits - mostly vs card rack fish but I could have saved $100 by tightening up just a little.

Bet on Arsenal to draw at half time/win at full time - have taken the profit out : At kick off 9/2 seemed mighty big.

Won some money on Gary Anderson the other night - 10-3 vs Wade

Have a chunk on Federer to win the O2 Tennis - 2/1 very decent - though Berdych - mega value at 23/1 - Beat 3/1 Murray fair and square last week.

Pangs that it would have been good to be Stateside this weekend - timings impossible as just back from Australia/Malaysia - sounds like it is blasting into orbit.

There is a sweet £600+60 side event at the Vic next week - so I guess I will focus on that pokerwise.

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1480 on: November 19, 2011, 14:59:29 PM »
Yawn - KT into TTxxQ vs QQ - you milk the hand and then the bucket falls over - milk everywhere.

Next stop - The Warm Up.

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1481 on: November 19, 2011, 22:21:30 PM »
99 pages in - Time for a mini reflect on where my game has gone.

It"s got better - but pretty much at even speed with across the board improvement in the play of other people.

MTT"s - I have an improving plan but yet to win anything big.

STT"s - Too boring to play

Cash - I am a small net loser due to my desire to play super aggressive - I can tone it down but then too boring to play online.

There was a time I would win at cash and buy tournament tickets - given infinite time I think that would be the plan ... But normally Poker comes after 60+ hours work and say 50 hours sleep ... Not much grind time.

Earlier in the year I did a masterclass with Nik Persaud on cash play - Amazing player - made you realise how crushed you would be playing cash versus top players.

So the non-existent grind time could become study the game time but that would be too boring at the moment.

So it"s MTTs all the way ... Most will be online but any mid range London two day events should be in target too.

Vegas - Is it going to happen this year?? I hope that it can ... My game is so much better then when I last played there ... That said I only played one MTT ... Something like AT called by KJ ... Not that short ... Sigh.

So 2012 is to be the year of the first $10k cash ... and then quickly something bigger ... Well so the plan runs ...

Before we get there next up, the Vic for a £600+60 event ... Win that set new targets for next year!

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1482 on: November 20, 2011, 16:12:15 PM »
Sunday Warm Up has just begun ...

Fancy a Gary Anderson steamroller in the darts. 16-4 or 16-5 (29/1 and 18/1 respectively) ...

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1483 on: November 20, 2011, 18:00:48 PM »
Gary Anderson stumbles out of the traps to trail 6-10 ...

Wakes up and wins 16-11.

Almost feel obliged to have a go on him a 11/2 to oust Taylor tonight - Value bet - if he flies out of the traps.

That said Taylor was immense this afternoon - especially on the doubles.

Warm Up - yet to warm up - still breathing though.

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1484 on: November 21, 2011, 08:33:40 AM »
Well Gary Anderson flew out of the traps but was quickly gobbled up but the rampaging Taylor ... I will take that one one the chin and smile.

Warm Up - short stacked for most of the 3.5 hours I played after house into quads - I finally choose to shove 33 into AA - so for the second week running I found the Aces.

My head a little in VEGAS with the APAT tour - just about resolved to get back out there in 2012 albeit maybe earlier in the year.

Monday morning to deal with first!

L