Author Topic: Tales of the Honeybadger  (Read 356213 times)

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
Re: Tales of the Honeybadger
« Reply #1500 on: December 10, 2011, 12:15:05 PM »
Always pleasing to partake in a winters walk to the bookies ...

Frozen tracks for the greyhounds - very disappointing to only get 2 winners from 4 races.

However a neat £35 profit.

To be re-invested on Hibs/Hibs @ 14/1 vs Rangers.

Odds are too big - new manager effect - perhaps greedy to not just bet the win @ 6/1 but I fancy Hibs to be fast out of the traps and Rangers have looked very poor post Naismith injury.

Rangers last away game a 1-0 defeat at Killie.

Inspiration or a bet of sheer folly - we shall see.

L

Santino67

• Platinum Member
  • Fat Charlie Sheen - @GrantSpeirs
    • Bebo & Facebook
« Reply #1501 on: December 10, 2011, 12:52:57 PM »

Always pleasing to partake in a winters walk to the bookies ...

Frozen tracks for the greyhounds - very disappointing to only get 2 winners from 4 races.

However a neat £35 profit.

To be re-invested on Hibs/Hibs @ 14/1 vs Rangers.

Odds are too big - new manager effect - perhaps greedy to not just bet the win @ 6/1 but I fancy Hibs to be fast out of the traps and Rangers have looked very poor post Naismith injury.

Rangers last away game a 1-0 defeat at Killie.

Inspiration or a bet of sheer folly - we shall see.

L

I was at the St Johnstone game at Ibrox the week before the Killie defeat and Rangers were lucky not to lose that as well. McGregor pulled off 2 magnificent saves and I don"t recall a single clear scoring opportunity for Rangers, so probably not folly tbh.
APAT Scottish Amateur Champion 2011 :~)
APAT Online North America PLO Champion 2011
Chipaccrual's Big APAT Christmas End Of Year Quiz Champion 2011
2012 Scottish Captain @ ECOAP
APAT Online Irish PLO Champion 2013
APAT Online Scottish Champion 2017

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1502 on: December 10, 2011, 13:09:33 PM »
32 mins in - neither team has had a shot on target ... dire

I am off to watch Puss n Boots instead of watching the second half - bet will likely be dead by then!

Watching this game makes me smile a little at the endless attempts of Rangers to buy Goodwillie for a knock down price.

It doesn"t take much to have an edge in Scottish football - so buy the edge.

Played a little satellite for a $54 ticket - lost 66 vs A2s for the flush - funny the runs one get into - bad beaten to death or running into Aces - Will be tempted to play tonight and watch the X-Factor Final.

Odds for Ladbrokes

Little Mix 6/5
Amelia Lliy 9/4
Marcus Collins 9/4 - I bet him at 3/1 - chopped back in any case.

Maybe we will get a shot on target before half time??

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1503 on: December 10, 2011, 13:52:01 PM »
Defo the worst half of football I have seen for some time ...

First shot on target in injury time from Hibs - acres of space - Griffiths crafts a back pass to the Rangers keeper - so have had a great live bet - instead I am now broadly wanting both teams to lose due to their astonishing lack of quality and desire.

Jelavic taking throw ins into the box - how can that be a good idea??

Meagre Fayre before Christmas : Pat Fenlon will probably sort Hibs out in time but who will sort Rangers?

My greatest hope for the Scottish season is that Aberdeen get relegated as things stand they would get to play against Cowdenbeath.

For my sins I support Dundee United - they played out a terrible terrible match versus Celtic last week - albeit Celtic showed some hunger to fight out a narrow win.

I have pseudo fond memories of being in the First Division beating Dumbarton 8-0 then coming back to the Premier Division (just) and finishing third with the great Kjell Olofsson terrorising everyone ... and joy of joys relegating Hibs!

Of course "we" are not safe this year either - with a royal dog fight to be the worst team in the league ensuing with greater vigor every week.

(Hibs give away a pointless penalty) - game over I guess ...

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1504 on: December 11, 2011, 00:05:57 AM »
Classic Saturday of Poker.

Betfair $60k Grand Prix - going great before losing to a river full house spike and finally 62nd of 447 - 60 paid.
Betfair $30k g"tee - 28th of 394 for $199.10

So a little down on the night have been cruising in both with 100 players left.

$30k was looking well set up - but card rack fish at table chopped me in half with a rivered flush and killed me off with A2s vs A4 - massive range - expecting a chop once cards revealed.

All this said - I had chances to make earlier stands in both tournaments - would have been marginal but gut feel is I let one too many spot go in the $60k. (Also correctly folded 66 when pretty short vs KK).

I would always prefer to find something that I would have done differently - so I do it next time - Oddly tonight I became a little bit too patient and passive ... though also fairly card dead.

Disappointing.

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1505 on: December 11, 2011, 23:49:06 PM »
Sunday Warm Up - 87th from 3500+ for $1,104.00

I played some good stuff but late on my refusal to play aggressive ABC poker wasted a few chips and then QT vs A9 no good at the end.

Weird poker weekend + $1,500 but feels like money got away.

Played 5 tournaments - cashed in three.
Very close to cash in another 62nd - 60 paid.
In the other tournament I was bad beaten twice in consecutive hands.

I guess it is all about learning and then having the game when it really matters but I hate to leave money on the pitch.

In all three tournaments that I cashed I was cruising above the average in the money and having missed all my set mining attempts I got chopped in half twice when I finally hit!

I guess I will waken philosophical about things but this is one of weekends were errors were made and only a just about normal array of beats.

Perhaps I will invest in a piece of paper that says "ABC Aggressive in the money" - I recall playing someone face to face who had a piece of paper that said "don"t do anything stupid" - he laid it in front of him and then shoved all his chips with AJ and lost vs AQ or AK ... his response was to offer the piece of paper to others at the table as he wouldn"t need it any more.

I liked that - though no-one else would take the paper!

What next - I think a dawn "til dusk work effort tomorrow - maybe some great Friday night poker to follow???

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1506 on: December 14, 2011, 23:56:12 PM »
Slaughtered playing cash at the Vic last night ... last hand KQs vs A5s ... two flushes on the river ... oops ...

Tonight a pointless min cash in the $40k g"tee - last hand KTo vs 99 - I guess it is an extra ticket.

Pointless stat - 4 cashes in last 5 MTT"s - 2 places outside the money in the other ...

How about 4 early exits and 1 big win ...

Not really pleased with my play inside the money today - ABC Aggression - it will sink back in.

If I win my race then back in play but folded one too many super marginal hands and limped one too many when at say 15BB ... it can be a great way to get a lot of chips if you spike but gets a bit transparent and of course I missed them all ...

Tomorrow perhaps!

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1507 on: December 17, 2011, 13:23:29 PM »
Took a break from Friday poker last night - worked a bit - watched darts a bit.

Then watched "Catch me if you can" - I think it"s my favourite film.

Today back to Scotland for Christmas so again no poker.

Tomorrow the double whammy of :

Sunday Warm Up @ 4pm
Sunday $10m G"tee on Pokerstars @ 7.30pm - 50,000 runners plus - $2m for the winner g"teed

I have been push my body clock into the night for this event - will probably take 13 hours to get to a final table which would be interesting!

Obviously the likeliest course of events is in bed before midnight for both - but feeling good about them.

Played a bit too much this last week and started playing some weird version of a limp-maniac - simply the wrong thing to do - but now out of my system I hope.

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1508 on: December 17, 2011, 22:38:36 PM »
Back in Scotland for the first time in two months - it"s nice to be back but 97% humidity and -1 temperature an absurb mixture ...

Salt in the kitchen saturated having taken in a swathe of damp ... back door only openable by force ... and then the need to hammer it shut with a 3kg weight ...

It"s the kind of weather that Scotland beat England at Rugby as your whole body turns to iced water.

Speaking to the neighbours - I have missed the 100mph winds which blew someone"s summer house away. Apparently NIL damage to my house but too dark to tell ... check tomorrow ... when I bought it the surveyor indicated I should budget £2k per year for random repairs ... so far he is spot on ... sigh!

I am chanting for a mild winter ... apparently Dec 21st is predicted to +10C ... last year a low of -16C

Of course my solution to the cold was to fly to Lapland at the end of January ... colder but much less humidity hence a joy to sit in the outdoor hot pool and let my hair freeze ...

This seems a world away now - and I think come the start of Feb this year - I will swap Lapland for Birmingham and the Genting tour.

Manic January of work to come first - but nice carrot at the end ...

Looking forward to the Pokerstars madness tomorrow.

L

Santino67

• Platinum Member
  • Fat Charlie Sheen - @GrantSpeirs
    • Bebo & Facebook
« Reply #1509 on: December 17, 2011, 22:39:51 PM »

Took a break from Friday poker last night - worked a bit - watched darts a bit.

Then watched "Catch me if you can" - I think it"s my favourite film.

Today back to Scotland for Christmas so again no poker.

Tomorrow the double whammy of :

Sunday Warm Up @ 4pm
Sunday $10m G"tee on Pokerstars @ 7.30pm - 50,000 runners plus - $2m for the winner g"teed

I have been push my body clock into the night for this event - will probably take 13 hours to get to a final table which would be interesting!

Obviously the likeliest course of events is in bed before midnight for both - but feeling good about them.

Played a bit too much this last week and started playing some weird version of a limp-maniac - simply the wrong thing to do - but now out of my system I hope.

L

Frank Abignail Jr, what a guy! Glad i didn"t meet him but kinda wish I"d had the chance  :) You going to Brighton Louis?
APAT Scottish Amateur Champion 2011 :~)
APAT Online North America PLO Champion 2011
Chipaccrual's Big APAT Christmas End Of Year Quiz Champion 2011
2012 Scottish Captain @ ECOAP
APAT Online Irish PLO Champion 2013
APAT Online Scottish Champion 2017

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1510 on: December 18, 2011, 10:17:24 AM »
Brighton - I think it"s unlikely - only a set number of poker weekends that I can make free per year and focus will be the Genting Tour in 2012 - amazing structure - all in the UK.

I will likely add on a few tournaments in London - there is a Betfair Live around the same time as London.

I might fly to Vegas??

Assuming there is a UKIPT in Edinburgh I might play that??

APAT Worlds

Not sure what else??

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1511 on: December 18, 2011, 19:29:45 PM »
Sunday Warm Up is just that today ...

Made it just about to the last third of the field and flat called with T9 in the BB ... river is Q78 ... the raiser fires in the continuation bet I shove ... they call with KK ... I hit the straight but 4 spades makes it irrelevant ... last week the shove would have been into the A8 miss ... timing ... timing ... needed to make something happen ...

So 2 mins until the main event begins!

Let"s get all the timing and match ups right!

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1512 on: December 19, 2011, 11:46:01 AM »
The $10m event a bit of a damp squib for me ... best hand I saw was 77 ... looked to get creative vs KK twice ... and finally out KQ in to AJ ... woke up with 14 runners left ... First Eagle shoves AJ but is dominated yet turns the straight ... then proceeds to rip the Final Table apart AA, KK, QQ and 44 spiked from 6 players out ... $48k becomes $1,146k ish ... volatility central ... if you assume great play to get to 14 out ... 20 plus times the payout for being a luck box ...

Not sure if I am back in the saddle tonight ... $50 re buy on Betfair will be tempting ... didn"t feel like I got my poker fill last night ...

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1513 on: December 19, 2011, 13:29:43 PM »
I have been thinking quite a lot about Audi Sportscars over the last few months ... I have never owned a car ... though I have had my licence for 21 years ...

Today my gardener ships up in a Black Audi TT ... made me smile.

L

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #1514 on: December 19, 2011, 17:12:19 PM »

I have been thinking quite a lot about Audi Sportscars over the last few months ... I have never owned a car ... though I have had my licence for 21 years ...

Today my gardener ships up in a Black Audi TT ... made me smile.

L

Blatant "I have a gardener" brag IMO  ;D