Author Topic: Tales of the Honeybadger  (Read 356173 times)

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
Re: Tales of the Honeybadger
« Reply #1515 on: December 19, 2011, 17:33:37 PM »
I do indeed have a gardener ... but no car "BRAG" ... His annual retainer £412 (this year!)

Smile.

L

samuel_9

• Gold Member
« Reply #1516 on: December 19, 2011, 18:36:32 PM »
412 for a year id want  that for 3 days

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1517 on: December 19, 2011, 19:39:30 PM »
He "just" keeps the grass in order and plants a few flowers from time to time ...

In the pre gardener era my front lawn was 1 foot high more akin to a wild straw.

I am thinking about having some vivid red blooms planted for next summer ...

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1518 on: December 19, 2011, 22:52:45 PM »
Played the $50 re-buy on Betfair ... no cards last night ... a new variation on a theme tonight ... got AA four times in the first 90 mins ... three times no action ... last time vs QJ into QJT ...

Got going again ... got it all in AK vs ATs ... straight on the river ... crumbs left ... K8 shoved into AKs ... 8 on the flop ... Ace on the river ... it"s all standard stuff I know ...

Feels like there could be a spell of little poker about to start ...

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1519 on: December 24, 2011, 19:17:48 PM »
A minor wander through the poker parks tonight ... Betfair offering no g"tees on their tournaments ... now where is the Christmas spirit there?

Played Heads Up matches and Double or nothing games for +$22 ... should have been more with some run of the green ...

Not convinced a 730pm starting Sunday Million is going to work tomorrow!?!

We shall see ...

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1520 on: December 24, 2011, 20:59:35 PM »
Christmas Eve - No suitable poker - so watching re-runs of Bullseye.

It"s a great measure of how far we have come as a nation.

Sunday late afternoon magic from the 80s ... some entertainment before Highway/Songs of Praise.

Show 1 a particularly painful charity edition with the following pairings:

Phil Taylor + Frank Bruno
Bob Anderson + Linda Lusardi
Dennis Priestley + John McCririck

Frank Bruno being asked questions - for each he would give the wavering answer "Harry" ... and Jim Bowen would say for example that"s right "HAristotle" ...

John McCririck then throwing under arm for prizes which included 5 radios and 14 blenders ... you couldn"t make this stuff up ...

Here is my question - how long can these re-runs keep going?

I should point out I loved Bullseye ... and now reading Wikipedia it used to attract up to 17 million viewers ... OMG ... a third of the country watching it!

On to show 2 ... prizes inclduing ... a cordless phone ... and a (programmable) computer ... and Bully"s special prize a camcorder with what looked like a miner"s lamp attached to it.

... and they have refused to gamble!

... and the second couple are refusing to gamble £326 vs a speedboat or whatever!?! OMG

Couple 3 ... non dart player 33 ... dart player 7 ... OMG ... the special prize was a holiday to RUSSIA at the height of the cold war!?!

There are three more episodes to follow ... I think I need to play more poker ...

L

thinsy147

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
  • I can play better....... I never have, but I can!!
    • HendonMob Database
« Reply #1521 on: December 25, 2011, 00:19:19 AM »
Bullseye - I think they used to pick the star prizes according to where the people lived:

You live in the middle of the country where there"s hardly any water? YOU CAN WIN A SPEEDBOAT TO KEEP IN YOUR GARAGE!

You live near the coast where you are walking distance from a beach? YOU CAN WIN A CARAVAN FOR THOSE SEASIDE HOLIDAYS!

It wouldn"t surprise me if the people who were offered cars couldn"t drive!!  :-X
(Luton 2010 Bronze Medal Winner)
(Online 2020 Silver Medal Winner)

GOLD MEDAL COMING IN 2030

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1522 on: December 26, 2011, 18:37:12 PM »
Bullseye now a distant memory ... back to the poker tables ...

$10k Betfair SH Deepstack to begin the evening ...

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1523 on: December 26, 2011, 21:46:59 PM »
A dismal evening of shoving into better hands ...

Pretty average play - trying to push things along albeit every Ace shove met with AQ which held plus 88 into AA ...

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1524 on: December 27, 2011, 18:43:37 PM »
... pretty average darts betting afternoon ... though got out level betting on Van der Voort ... earlier Burnett played terribly to lose to Part 1-4 despite having the higher average ... great ...

Do fancy Chisnall as great value at 7/1 vs Taylor tonight - but so many times Taylor prevails.

I think this is the last day of the Christmas holiday ... not sure I am ready to work again??

Bite the bullet tomorrow.

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1525 on: December 27, 2011, 23:04:22 PM »
Enter the Dave Chisnall express ...

Tricky decision now £75 @ 79/1 for the title yields a pretty decent number! Now back to 9/1 - can make the chop but I reckon he can out score Andy Hamilton in the next round.

It"s a very open championship.

My main value tip for the tournament was Scott Rand £129.02 @ 69/1 - now 37/1

These are of course set up to lay ... but I am minded to let Chisnell run. - Nicholson looks pretty solid vs Tabern.

Rand is in a nightmare quarter of the draw ... Anderson/Whitlock/King/Van Gerwen ... Round 2 vs Colin Lloyd no formality ... so it feels like I am jumping horses to Chisnall who I back and laid in the BDO 2010 final which he lost.

Quarter three looks like Adrian Lewis or Terry Jenkins. - Jenkins could win this based on what"s been seen so far.

Quarter four James Wade the massive favourite (vs Part/Painter/Farmer) - Painter on form

I would plump for Chisnell vs Anderson/Whitlock/King/Rand and Jenkins/Lewis vs Wade.

I guess I would then be hoping for Chisnell vs Wade in the Final.

I guess Anderson and Whitlock must be licking their lips.

Great Tournament.

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #1526 on: December 28, 2011, 01:11:05 AM »
deffo lay chizzy off now.

taylor"s conquerers have always fallen at the next hurdle
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

AJDUK

• Gold Member
« Reply #1527 on: December 28, 2011, 01:20:05 AM »

deffo lay chizzy off now.

taylor"s conquerers have always fallen at the next hurdle

Take a freeroll on Chizzy. Don"t be letting it all run. I think he"ll do Hamilton but it will be close IMO.
England Captain WCOAP 2014 - Come on England!!!!

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1528 on: December 28, 2011, 15:29:29 PM »
I am still pondering it ... I think he should beat Hamilton ... although 2/5 so no value.

Have a nice free roll going on Beaton - who was 50/1 in running - should have had a shot for 2-2 - but now needs to struggle from 1-3.

Cannot see Whitlock winning the title for all the chat.

I am happy that Chisnall is stronger than he was when be made the final of the BDO in 2010 - great scoring power and I don"t think he will fall to the Taylor curse per se - he might run into someone averaging 100+ : But he just destroyed Taylor who averaged 100 ... all this said will probably taken the freeroll ... that said may be rational to let other favourites get beaten first to squeeze a little more value!

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1529 on: December 28, 2011, 18:19:53 PM »
Dismal darts afternoon with Scott Rand playing the clown more than the dart player ... of course Colin Lloyd spiked a 167 to make it 3-1 with Rand on double 4 for 2-2 but the attitude was more like he was going for a country stroll ...

Starting to think that Gary Anderson will blow his opponent away tonight and then Colin Lloyd then Whitlock/Van Gerwen ...

That might be bring a classic Anderson/Chisnall semi final - would it just be who hits the doubles??

I took my stake money back on Chisnall - so +£5,200 if he wins - but with Rand money now dead I need Jenkins to make sure tonight and perhaps trim that back??

I think then attack Anderson to go one better this year - could really do with Lewis getting knocked out!

L