Author Topic: Tales of the Honeybadger  (Read 356060 times)

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
Re: Tales of the Honeybadger
« Reply #1560 on: January 21, 2012, 19:36:35 PM »
TCOOP 10 - Heading towards the money ... it"s the classic AQ vs AK, lose a race, then AT vs QJs and dead in three cuts ...

TCOOP 11 three wins to reach the money ...

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1561 on: January 21, 2012, 20:29:06 PM »
Heads up no joy ... flopped top set but looked to milk the pot vs flush draw which got there on the river ...

(Early night!)

L

samuel_9

• Gold Member
« Reply #1562 on: January 21, 2012, 20:42:09 PM »
ulky

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1563 on: January 22, 2012, 18:00:54 PM »
Trashy performance in the Sunday Warm Up tonight ...

True I was trying to build a stack and seems to have 65 or T9 every second hand but need to tone it down a little bit ... I did just about miss them all except the up and down straight draw but against two opponents ... I played it cool and repped the Ace on the river against the player that actually had the Ace!

I made a feeble call for a gutshot vs two players too ...

Finally out 44 vs KK (button vs small blind) a nasty spot.

So that is it until the Genting Tour begins ... a poker rest followed by either glory, folly or some beats ... let"s hope for glory!

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1564 on: January 28, 2012, 13:39:17 PM »
Monday - Friday work = 64 hours : Poker = Nil

It makes my hand last hand seem so far away - but a weak last performance.

I am not sure that it will have a positive effect in slowing me down today but I am going to head up West and play the APT £500+45 event at the Fox Club.

3pm start - 2 day event : 20,000 chips 45 min levels - Game on.

There is also a £200 freezeout at The International with a £20k g"tee so hard to know what the numbers will be - I would settle for 80 and £40k in the middle.

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1565 on: January 29, 2012, 12:50:32 PM »
APT at the Fox

111 runners with 14 re-entries @ £500+45 - 20,000 chips - 45 levels.

Summary levels 1-6 - played well hit plenty - double the average or more.

Some of the play in these levels was amazingly bad ...

Cue TT into Ax99T vs A9 ... A9 bets the river ... TT calls and sighs ... cue 2 mins of explaining he has won the hand ...

Levels 7-11 : Unbelievably card dead - though played and missed every suited or connected hand.

In fact in the whole day no AA,KK,QQ,AK.

The player to my right had been playing some super loose and spike hands so very keen for him to double me up! Infact I had position on the "aggro" players for most of the day but really wanted a proper hand to re-shove.

Level 12 - last of the day - choose a spot - AJs shove not called - and finally the 66 re-shove called by the Q2s ... and only one winner there. It"s my classic exit hand - I had one chance earlier to re-shove KJs (my "favourite" exit hand of 2011) but in the zone of no pairs or better than ATs for 5 levels I elected to wait ... marginal and frustrating ...

Managed to net +£195 at Blackjack in the mini breaks!

L

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #1566 on: January 29, 2012, 16:17:48 PM »

Cue TT into Ax99T vs A9 ... A9 bets the river ... TT calls and sighs ... cue 2 mins of explaining he has won the hand ...

you weren"t in this hand then? (or did you have A9)
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1567 on: January 29, 2012, 16:57:15 PM »
I wasn"t in the hand ... make"s it harder to suss a table when people don"t understand how the hands rank ... (or what hand they have)

Oddly the lady with the A9 later had a race with JJ vs KQ ... into 89xTQ and thought she had lost ...

It really was a weird table -I am kind of gutted I didn"t get any hands to play in the middle section.

I had a chance to call a re-shove for 30BB when I had 80BB with AQ but on balance decided better spots to choose ... then no cards for 5 levels ... the re-shover was new to the table but then re-shoved with T9s called by AA ... the T9 won ... and of course now a reasonably big stack ... his next trick was to call a re-shove from a tight player with A3 vs KK ... Ace on the river ... It"s a bit unplayable ...

With more info it"s an insta-call - but with no info his limp UTG could be strong (could have been strong) ... It"s good to play these things but really need a lot more time to play enough to get rid of all this volatility.

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1568 on: January 29, 2012, 17:04:41 PM »
Cue TCOOP 46 - Sunday Warm Up.

A good start then AA into 9845 vs 55 ... lost the min.

Then rivered two pairs vs the rivered straight ... lost just about the min ...

I then shoved Q9s into A7 no help ...

I guess this is the type of hand I might have been shoving yesterday - albeit didn"t see many Q9s hands!

Obviously a case for re-shoving with trash to induce folds but would want to be suited/connected and none of that in the middle.

Genting seems a long way away - will be a stronger field although I guess enough qualifiers who strange ideas - looking forward to it.

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1569 on: February 04, 2012, 20:09:59 PM »
Genting Tour - Main Event - Leg 1

Made day 2 with dust (10BB) - not the aim but really no sensible spots to shove on the last level of day 1.

First two hands A9 and AQ shoved through and shown - so up to 15BB and in a tiny bit better shape.

Elected to not push 22 UTG (correctly as it happens) ...

But got killed in ridiculous fashion ... I am the BB with AJ (no SB) ... BB is 1600 ... Antes 200 ...

Late position elects to limp ... obvious shove for me ... pretty quick call with Q8s ... I don"t mind him shoving that ... but limp call??

It"s kind of pointless - but of course only one winner in the scenario ... 8 on the turn ...

Pretty disappointing would have been back to 34,800 - playable at 800/1600 (200)

(More detail later)

samuel_9

• Gold Member
« Reply #1570 on: February 04, 2012, 21:15:30 PM »
unlky

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1571 on: February 04, 2012, 22:27:59 PM »
Day 1 had some super weird hands ... including my last event (APT at the Fox) ... I had gone nearly 7 hours without a AA,KK,QQ or AK ...

So nice to see AA ... I make a normal 2.7BB raise ... two callers ... not great ... flop T78 two diamonds ...  not great ... I make a continuation bet ... both flat ... small balling now ... I check ... initial caller bets about 2/3 of the pot which is called so I am out cheap ... Caller 1 had flopped the straight and flush draw  ... caller 2 a worse straight draw and worse flush draw ... losing a lot of chips chasing and missing both draws ...

I am pleased with losing the min here ...

Most of the day I was ahead of average but my attempts to build a stack were thwarted by bluffing into card racks who hit everything ...

Still in good order when the AA arrives again ... UTG + 1 ... standard raise ... 6! callers ... this is obviously a nightmare ... but AQx flop looks tremendous news for a check raise ... I check ... but amazingly it is checked right around ... river is a T giving a flush draw ... nightmare ... I make a small bet fearing the worst (KJ) ... one caller ... I am happy to check the river and take the pot versus the other Ace who sadly missed their two pairs ...

Had a few super marginal spots which I elected to pass on but got gready with my KK raise called in the BB ... allowing a gutshot on the river ... this checked momentum but I spent last two levels looking for spots to re-shove that just weren"t there ...

Next time ...

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1572 on: February 06, 2012, 22:35:49 PM »
Genting event seems so far away now ...

Watching the final table fairly hilarious/tedious.

Hilarious to see the guy who limped called my all in with his Q8s vs my AJ ... obviously he won that one ... and then won £16k+

He also talked me into a two hand penalty for folding out of turn - I did do it - but pretty harsh given the the dealer motioned to collect the player"s cards two ahead of me, which triggered the player to my right to fold, which triggered me to fold ...

Also the player who made a bizarre miss-click raise with QTo - blinds were 250/500 - raised to 1250 - flat called - then raised to 2250 ... I have AQo ... I thought about it for a while but no need to get committed ... of course it is a Q high flop that I would have won ... as the hand developed he explained he meant to call ... doh ... then called things down and won the and with a pair of queens ... fair enough ...

Tedious because the play was so painfully 1D - except for Barny Boatman donking off his stack with 22 into the semi slow played AK which spiked the turn ... Ruslav took that hand down and glad he won it for that alone ... overall the standard seemed pretty weak/dull ... a bit more ABC might have served me well ... that said if AJ holds vs Q8s in play on Day 2 and ready to rumble ...

Next time!

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1573 on: February 11, 2012, 20:06:09 PM »
Played a little push and shove poker $1/$2 ($40 cap) ... got well ahead then lost some flips ... yawn ...

A pointlessly early exit in the Big $11 - 10,000+ runners - flush draw shove that was always getting called.

The Big $55 has just begun - FOCUS.

Ate some venison steak and thought of swiss rolls - happy days.

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1574 on: February 11, 2012, 20:40:16 PM »
But a short night after a very early QQ vs AK ... losing to the low straight on the river ... then shoved the flush draw with up and down straight draw ... flush would have tripled me back into play but was already against the nut straight ... no escape.

Lots of tempting things to play ... mmm

L