Author Topic: Tales of the Honeybadger  (Read 356336 times)

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
Re: Tales of the Honeybadger
« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2009, 22:06:36 PM »
Odd how days shape up ...

Betfair $20k - 51st of 131 - 18 paid

AK hits - halfed by short stack who hits two pairs with A3 ... ARGH!

This makes a race a near necessity and I cannot win a race at the moment ... tough going.

In between I play a $60 Double your money six seater ... make the flush on the turn ... lose to the full house on the river with the money in.

On the bright side ... Bosnia win the football versus Belgium +$77

Lost $20 cash trying to Show Biz at low stakes.

Eyes Wide Shut ... AJ vs TT ... the race looks won ... only for the back door straight draw to hit ...

I even managed to play a pot limit Ohama tournament 17th from 51 ... weird game which I need to think about for 7 years or so ...

Session -$172

RT +$583
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 23:37:03 PM by Honeybadg »

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: April 02, 2009, 17:00:04 PM »
The worm has turned just a little.

Qualified for the $20k on Betfair tonight ... even won a race to get things going ... then pretty standard.

Also won a $20 double your money so I am into the $100 + 9 for a $ ... pleasing!

Horses have a shocker ... second places and falling favourites ... currently -$119 on the day.

So taking +$463 RT into the evening.

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: April 02, 2009, 23:17:46 PM »
Bad beat (not a terrible beat) again .... 32nd of 137 (18 paid) in Betfair $20k g"tee ... so tedious ... my AT vs KJ ... not happening at the moment ...

-$21 on last horse race ...

+$442.

Tough to say very much about the run I am on ... win two races between last and final table spot ... so it is going to come down to trying to get your chips in ahead ... and I would settle for winning ONE race ...

Football tomorrow night ... no bad beats there ... smile.

Dentist was good today ... though no insurance so treatment programme is costly ... in the short-run ... still beyond all the thought of needles ... drilling and burning smells in my mouth ... very little pain or discomfort so job done.

I am going to play in Brighton in the £150 + £150 double add on event on April 9th/10th ... looking forward to it ... though have the feeling it will come down to winning races ... which is an annoying reality of MTT"s ...

My remit is really to buy (or qualify for) tickets for the chance of a big pay day ... so I need to accept the volatility and wait for it to turn around!

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: April 03, 2009, 18:13:57 PM »
Oh the filthy horses ... -$105 today ...

RT + $337

I guess I should split this out!

Horses +$95
Poker +$75
Football +$42
Golf +$35
Greyhounds +$90
(Poker pre-paid +$210)

L
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 17:20:15 PM by Honeybadg »

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: April 04, 2009, 08:10:01 AM »
Friday night = football night ... and tonight I sport a fine black eye ... social game has been getting more and more lively ... I wear my squash glasses to play in ... so not ideal ware for being smashed in the face by a driven cross ...

I have to say putting ice on bruises is just so painful ... but effective ... so I only look like a minor boxer this morning.

The game itself 70 mins ... 5-5 ... 8-a-side ...

Home to nursing from my lady ... and a little heads up play for +$73 ... nearly lost a whole buy in with A8 into A82 Vs 22! But from $8.95 soon back to $100 ... and then a slog to $123 ... still some extra powder for the National.

RT +$410

Reading the Racing Post - not much change of opinion.

1. Rambling Minster
2. Parson"s Legacy
3. Irish Invader

A My Will win will annoy - though looks fated with my girlfriend drawing this in her office sweep.

Darkness does look good ... mmm ... I think I would probably make that my number 4 horse ... kicking out Butler"s Cabin.

As it stand Irish Invader is my biggest winner ... started backing at 109/1 ... slightly tempted to lay some of it ... will be decided much closer to the off ... was hoping for it to be tipped up in the press ... no such luck.

Very little rain is good news.

Morning line on - let"s see what they can add/detract!?

L
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 10:22:41 AM by Honeybadg »

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: April 04, 2009, 10:25:13 AM »
Classic start to the day ... grafting on heads up ...

Get well ahead but fail to kill ... last hand AQ into QQJ ... he calls and calls ... and hits trip 6"s (full house) on the river ... very odd opponent ... but I walked ... semi liable to TILT ...

-$50

RT +$360 ... powder for the national ...

L
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 23:19:45 PM by Honeybadg »

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: April 04, 2009, 17:26:37 PM »
Grand National woe!

Could have clipped some money back in running on Irish Invader in running but choose to let it run.

Maybe next year!?!

Amazing run my Mon Mome ... pretty far off the radar for me ... but fair run race so fair play.

Comply or die would have saved/made my day, an astonishing run given the weight.

Next race ... a 66/1 shot wins ... sigh!

Horses -$273

Greyhounds -$42

RT + $55

Feel slightly drained ... choose to attack ... got a slap ...

Time to start again!

L
« Last Edit: April 05, 2009, 09:10:43 AM by Honeybadg »

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: April 05, 2009, 18:20:08 PM »
Here is my question ... why do I get all my hands in qualifiers?

Very nice to get tripled up when you flop the nut flush ... but I forget the last time that happened in a main event ... of course re-buys mean you get paid ... but with first to act flopping two pairs and doing the betting for me quite promising in every case.

Any way the new era has begun with me qualifying for the $109 - $20k g"tee for $21.

Let see what happens tonight???

RT edges to $36 (with a free roll tonight) with my might $2 profit on the Grand Prix ... betting on a race that was effectively over ... how strange ...

Good fun following the APAT in Cardiff ... looks like finishing at a more sensible time with the final table ready to kick off.

$20k g"tee lasts 21 mins ... with my refusal to fold to a loose player who had just hit trips ... a new way to lose ... weak play!

L
« Last Edit: April 05, 2009, 20:38:42 PM by Honeybadg »

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: April 07, 2009, 00:14:35 AM »
Mmm 12th of 146 in the Betfair $20k g"tee ... call a min raise with TT in the blinds ... flop is 753 - two diamonds.

Here we go ... overpair versus flush draw ... and the flush draw of course hits ...

$240 instead of a chance for the real money ... yawn ...

Poor cash earlier in the night leaves me with a -$11 to report

RT +$25.

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: April 07, 2009, 13:30:07 PM »
Some decent cash this morning ended when I am KK vs JJ ... the board are all rags ... all bets are naturally called ... and the river is a J ... still a trivial profit of $8 and walk away ... RT +$33

Dentist to look forward to ...

Going to play in the Brighton Festival on Friday/Saturday ... it will be good to be playing face to face ... though funny to be going there on a run which feels pretty weak ... level for the year is fine ... I have taken on some tricky tournaments ... but it very much feels that I am due cards and/or luck ... I guess a lot of people are in this boat!

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: April 10, 2009, 12:44:50 PM »
The Road to Brighton - or rather the train tracks ...

Tonight is the start of a two day event within the Rendezvous Festival.

The event is a rather strange £150+15 with one double re-buy/add on available when you are at 2500 chips.

So you start with 5000 chips and get to re-buy add on for 10,000 - essentially a conpulsory add on - so in for £315.

Estimated runners 120 ... so about £10k for the winner.

Game is there to win such a thing - so time to start spinning dice - I will play D2N"s on Betfair to re-coup any losses - tedious but lucrative with any luck in running.

I was chatting to a friend the other day and I was explaining that the long term end game is a big enough win to change my life style - quantum leap up - the intermediate time is really about gathering the experience to do so.

Thus I would likely prefer to win £10k now and spend it touring, rather then fight to remain level and win £10k at the end of the summer ... when I think I will take a (relative) break from poker.

Keen to get involved of some these Euro Tournaments - ECPT events apparently soft.

EPT obvious very hard - but lots of chances to qualify.

As things stand there is going to be a trip to Vegas for one of the early event - $1000 buy in - c5000 runners - mental note to play some of the PokerStars Sunday events.

I like the idea of naming my house a7 suited or whatever the winning hand to pay it off would be ...

L

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: April 10, 2009, 15:56:21 PM »
Played last night"s tournament. Amazed to see Chris Moorman on the next table - fairly low-profile event for him!
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 15:58:39 PM by MintTrav »
5th place - Portsmouth Snooker Club £10 rebuy

Liz Lieu borrowed my pen - 01/06/2013

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: April 10, 2009, 16:38:16 PM »

Played last night"s tournament. Amazed to see Chris Moorman on the next table - fairly low-profile event for him!

I had a look at his Pokerstars record - pretty amazing.

How did you do?

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: April 11, 2009, 16:51:42 PM »
Back into nightmare mode ...

... just attempted to qualify for the $500+35 I-poker ... $30 re-buy ... I managed to lose 5 times when ahead and then run with my AK into AA ... only one re-buy required ... still highly trying.

Switched to Betfair to qualify for their $20"k g"tee ... bad beat on the bubble ... LOL.

Next qualifer ... back door flush draw wounds me ... then runner-runner straight ... OMG.

Next qualifier ... I flop a set ... go all in to try to avoid flushes ... get called by nut flush draw ... which hits ...

What next??

All you can ever say is that all of these have to come back to me at some point ... shall we just save them for the world series??

L
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 19:10:45 PM by Honeybadg »

Morethanluck

• Silver Member
« Reply #59 on: April 11, 2009, 20:07:51 PM »
I"m having a similar day Louis.  Lost to a two outer twice, runner runner twice and can"t win a race!  I think I"ll go out and get pi**ed!
Keep the faith - you can only get your money in good and hope that you stay ahead.  Having said that, I"m finding it difficult to believe it today!
All the best.

Craig