Author Topic: Tales of the Honeybadger  (Read 360571 times)

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
Re: Tales of the Honeybadger
« Reply #60 on: April 11, 2009, 23:31:05 PM »
... and here is the final touch ...

Kicked out 21st of 145 in the Betfair $20k g"tee - 18 get paid. KK vs 99 - would have moved to 7th if it stood up ... with a shot at the main prizes ...

Very tough running at the moment ...

L
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 23:36:43 PM by Honeybadg »

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #61 on: April 11, 2009, 23:45:09 PM »
Tough times Louis.

I know your pain.   ;D

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #62 on: April 12, 2009, 00:08:29 AM »

Tough times Louis.

I know your pain.   ;D

Today has been particularly savage ... but we know the odds ... there is a LOT of luck involved ...

The difference between winning big and winning nothing is pretty small ... all you can do is the right thing with the cards ...

I remember watching someone play pretty much perfect poker in a £100 freezeout at the GUTSHOT ... built up a stack ... then in two consecutive hands was crippled KK vs AA and QQ vs KK ... that"s a different kind of bad luck ... it"s how the hands match up as much as anything else ...

I look forward to doing an interview one day ... having won big ... and assuming there is some luck involved ... I can cite days like this ... that"s always the way that I think ... always playing in my comfort zone financially as you must.

Planning a trip to Vegas at the moment ... maybe that is when I get my payback??

Played on a savage cash table last night ... lost a little ... but some of the beats were simply terrible ... it was good fun ... and often poker isn"t "fun" ... it is something else ... a holy and hypnotic grail ...

L

lukybugur

• Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: April 12, 2009, 09:41:02 AM »
Planning a trip to Vegas at the moment ... maybe that is when I get my payback??

Nice one. If it"s for early August, gimme a shout  8)

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: April 12, 2009, 10:48:00 AM »
Vegas trip is at the start of the World Series.

Looking to land May 28th - will play the $1k starting on May 30/31.

Will then likely try to qualify $2,000 which start on June 4th (or $,1500 on June 2nd)

Fly home on June 7th.

Likely play other non World Series stuff - Venetian deepstack etc ...

I will be trying to qualify for World Series main event - so may well get back for July???

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #65 on: April 12, 2009, 12:18:19 PM »
Arghhhhh! When does this end ...

Playing in a qualifier to the I-Poker $250k ... KK vs JJ ... spiked on the river ... and about 15 mins later JJ under the gun ... AA in the blinds ... pretty quick structure so auto all in ...

So to the safer waters of double your money six seaters ...  money in pre-flop ... KK vs Q6(flopped set) ... no good ... OMG

How can KK become your nightmare hand?

L
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 13:18:14 PM by Honeybadg »

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #66 on: April 12, 2009, 17:59:59 PM »
STOP PRESS STOP PRESS - SOME LUCK AT LAST.

Just qualified for the Betfair $80k g"tee - in for $91 ($540 +10 buy in)

My TT push in QQ rewarded with a T on the Turn ... weird feeling ...

I then lose calling a short stack with QT vs A2s ... I hit three queens by the turn ... flush on the river ... fair play.

Needless to say further twists at the bubble when I am the short stack of 9 for 8 places.

I am happy to watch.

A9 pushed into AK ... and the A9 is crippled.

Well until he lands AK and beats three of us to come alive ... happily his next hand A4 runs into a solid AQ ...

Could I rescue the weekend???

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: April 12, 2009, 23:54:35 PM »
KK ... runs on and on ...

In the APAT league match I lose KK vs JJ ... river as usual ... not dead and limp to the final table and come ninth when my JJ meets AA which stands up.

In the Betfair $55k - I make it up to 6th place of 54 left with 99 into 98J ... vs 88 and AJ - but little help there after- had chances to push back with AK,AQ,AJ etc ... but the time I choose to re-raise ... there was another re-raise (all-in) after me so I have to fold and now sitting 20th of 27 ... 18 paid ... you get into the territory of stay alive whilst looking to push.

With 18 paid - myself and two others are the obvious contenders though all with 10BBs - I choose to raise with AT and find KK in the blinds (previously this player pretty loose) ... the BUBBLE is mine ... pretty tough and of course for some comedy I hit the ten on the river.

Well at least it wasn"t a bad beat ...

There were spots earlier on that could have been pushed with AK etc ... but would have been all my chips in the middle ... and so on ... with 30/40 runners left ...

I got tangled up in the blinds on a flush draw ... those chips could have been saved ... (but chips could have been won!)

Overall I choose to push things at the wrong time ... into bigger hands!

Just watched the second placed runner give nearly all their chips away with a bluff ... into top set ... makes you sick!

ARGH - Just watched my conqueror get into a race KJ vs 99 and winning it ... think I am feeling a bit more unlucky now!

That said I hate to feel unlucky - I always want to think what could I have done differently - simplistically I could have folded my AT and looked to limped to $960 - which pays for further entries - but I think that is the wrong answer.

I had Aces late on ... and no runners ...

In the early part of the tournament I had endless small pairs. I limped these and finally hit my 9s.

I didn"t limp with other weird hands OOP.

Further pondering to follow.

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #68 on: April 13, 2009, 23:00:57 PM »
Decided to go slow on poker today ... now back on Scotland to chill out ...

Perhaps I should just qualify for Sunday events for people.

Straight forward qualification to Betfair $66k on Sunday - 2 from 15 - with some added value. $55 for $510 seat.

Sat went ideally with loose players gathering all the chips ...

I then went for the steal holding 59s with 555 chips (blind 100/200) ... both loose players called.

Flop is T52 ... I limp and call a small bet ...

Turn is a 5 ... I limp and make a min raise that is called.

River is a 2 ... so a lovely full house ... I go all in ... and called by A2 which has just hit the full house too ...

L
« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 23:14:27 PM by Honeybadg »

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #69 on: April 15, 2009, 00:34:16 AM »
This is fast becoming a log of bad beats which I appreciate is rather boring to read ... even more boring to write!

Just came second for a $550 seat to a WSOP package final.

12 runners one seat - $50 consolation.

45 mins into heads up.

I call my opponents 89o push with KQ ... my opponent flops two pairs.
Next hand I push with J9 ... called by 89 ... two pairs on the river for me ... but completes his straight.

Not a lot to say ...

In the APAT qualifier I lost the key hand QQ vs 77 ... whilst not killing me meant that I had to play ... and another bubble for the collection when for the second time in a matter of days on the bubble I push on a short handed table with AT and meet KK in the blinds ...

I will of course buy in ... to the Saturday event ... but feels like a long road at the moment.

L

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #70 on: April 15, 2009, 09:46:47 AM »
Keep it going Louis.  It just reads like my game at the moment.   ;D

It"s not bad beats as such, just keep playing your game.

All will come good, well thats what I keep telling myself, anyway.

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #71 on: April 15, 2009, 11:26:57 AM »
yep. keep it going. You seem to be getting it in good but are just running bad.

what is RT at the mo?
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #72 on: April 15, 2009, 12:18:55 PM »
RT is -$1032 ... just horrible. (though with a $510 Sunday ticket and $210 WCOAP paid upfront)

I kept it day by day for the first month which was interesting ...

I have been aggressive - went to Brighton for £315 event.

I have donked a little off maybe $250 of this - which is annoying and foolish (and interesting!)

Feb was the same - clawed it all back in March and sought to kick on.

I am trying to think what the message is ... I cannot bear the thought of just playing STT"s or pot limit for cash which would be much less volatile ...

Will ponder this and report back.

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #73 on: April 19, 2009, 11:25:53 AM »
The recovery has just about started ...

Yesterday 8th from c300 in a $7 re-buy - small win - 99 called by KQ without the odds - sigh.

APAT Online Event 15th from 136 - A8 vs T3 in the blinds - sigh

APAT was good fun had AA vs KK fully paid pretty early ... then good cards for the first hour so in handy position. Hours 2/3 very little so remained patient ... and rewarded by QQ vs AK v JJ triple up ... earlier had folded AKs in the face of raise and re-raise which I think was the right thing to do when pretty deep. Get to the money and then the ranking points ... eyeing up the No 1. ranking ... but cards did not hold up ... could have pushed with ATs UTG +1 a little earlier but at the end in the lap of the Gods.

+$143 for the day on poker
Football bets +$325 (Sunderland, Wolves, Partick, Peterhead)
Horses - $38

RT -$602

Will get things back to zero shortly - but such a slog!

Betfair $66k g"tee tonight (paid for).

L

rubertoe

• Gold Member
« Reply #74 on: April 19, 2009, 13:51:03 PM »

This is fast becoming a log of bad beats which I appreciate is rather boring to read ... even more boring to write!

Just came second for a $550 seat to a WSOP package final.

12 runners one seat - $50 consolation.

45 mins into heads up.

I call my opponents 89o push with KQ ... my opponent flops two pairs.
Next hand I push with J9 ... called by 89 ... two pairs on the river for me ... but completes his straight.

Not a lot to say ...

In the APAT qualifier I lost the key hand QQ vs 77 ... whilst not killing me meant that I had to play ... and another bubble for the collection when for the second time in a matter of days on the bubble I push on a short handed table with AT and meet KK in the blinds ...

I will of course buy in ... to the Saturday event ... but feels like a long road at the moment.

L

You are not alone - I think i bubble more than anyone i know - Must learn to slowdown when on the bubble rather than trying to run over the table!! 3 cash bubbles and 2FT bubbles for me in the last week!
Lifes tough, its even tougher when your stupid

North London Poker Club