Author Topic: Tales of the Honeybadger  (Read 356048 times)

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
Re: Tales of the Honeybadger
« Reply #405 on: July 07, 2009, 23:18:43 PM »

Unlucky...just needed to win that 50/50.  AJ v AJ didn"t help when you really needed a double up.

The second last table didn"t help ... I could have pushed with 9Ts UTG ... otherwise I either had totally trash (which I could push) ... or the action came to me to call with really marginal hands like Q8 (not great to call with).

AJ vs AJ ... would have settled for it (I think)
Hand before A4 vs A6 for a chop.

I won AQ vs AJ v 88 earlier ... with a flush!

It was an interesting game ... got into a hand position about 19th of 50 ... but pushing things like KJ ... at the time the table was passive ... however when the blinds when out I was acting after two monster stacks with no cards!

Trying to be reflective on my game at the moment ... main characteristic is a slight tendancy to limp into things ... a slight tendancy to not take the lead in stealing chips ...

All this said 11th of 418 is okay ...

Last night losing when 90/10 is okay in terms of how I have been playing.

Lots of AA exits ...

Made a good call tonight when hitting the 8 of Q8 on the river ... minor bluff ... minor bluff ... catch ... check ... call ... vs 77!

Been having real pangs over my lack of holiday to Vegas this year ... really should have gone ... reading the reports of the main event is making me twitchy ...

My home game hero Mark Bramley is playing 2A at the moment ... sitting on 86k ... making some big folds (pre-flop) ... trusting himself post flop ...

I think as well as getting myself back to parity for the year ... I need to launch some bids for EPT Barcelona and Moscow ... aswell as the WSOPE Europe. (Something Juicy!)

Louis

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #406 on: July 08, 2009, 06:13:57 AM »
6am and the sun is shining ... I was unaware that such a time existed.

L

lukybugur

• Platinum Member
« Reply #407 on: July 08, 2009, 09:05:41 AM »
After a long night of poker or after an early-to-bed one ... ?

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #408 on: July 08, 2009, 10:10:06 AM »
... I got to bed at about midnight (early) ... but not expecting a 6am start (pretty fresh) ... took a 4 mile walk over golf course and around the beach ... then popped in for breakfast at my mum"s ... oh life is soooo hard at the moment.

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #409 on: July 08, 2009, 16:48:09 PM »
RT -$905 (+T$109)

Started the epic quest to the EPT in Barcelona - $5.50 re-buy (Total $15.50) to win a $109 ticket in trivial fashion.

QQ vs J6 in the blinds
99 vs A7 (monster stack - who also qualified)

Tick tock - two hours until round two which is for $800 seats into the main sat. (Tickets - $15,875)

I haven"t thought about clocks for ages ... I found the following on wiki:

"A good clock is one which, when used to measure other recurrent processes, finds many of them to be periodic" - How good is that!?!

Cricket is pleasing ... England going well ... I think this is the first series I REALLY want England to win.

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #410 on: July 08, 2009, 20:42:34 PM »
Not so trivial in the $109 - $800 qualifier.

Break 2

27th of 30 for 12 seats ... got lucky with top pair vs over pair ... river spike.

Looked good with AQ in Qxx ... vs AQ

On the Button raised with A3s ... flop 724 ... worth a small gutshot call ...

Turn ... K of hears for nut flush draw ... checked to me ... I bet ... call ...

River is a 3 ... check ... check ... vs A7 (could I have forced large stack off this - doubtful)

Not dead ... 10 BB"s ... time to push and get lucky ... RIGHT!?

Louis

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #411 on: July 08, 2009, 21:02:18 PM »
ARGGGH 20th of 20 ... for the 12 spots ... JJ losing to AJs ... A spiked.

Need luck together ... JJ hold is just about a seat ... still 9.5 BB"s ... need to double ...

But "no" ... TT into AA ... too short to avoid the push.

RT -$905

L
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 21:04:45 PM by Honeybadg »

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #412 on: July 09, 2009, 01:00:26 AM »
RT -$998

36th of 255 in $20k g"tee - 30 paid.

Tried to get busy when middle of the pack ... pegged pack ... forced to push with AT ... ran into KK.

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #413 on: July 09, 2009, 16:43:17 PM »
Cricket is drifting towards a draw ... how tedious.

Less tedious is the Pink Champagne I bought from M&S ... £22.99 down to £15.32 ... excellent quality ... looking forward to this ...

Back to London tomorrow ...

Not sure what face to face poker will lure me??

The international club has altered it"s schedule - so it loses it"s £200 freezeout - mmm - from Monday July 20th - a £75 freezeout is in play.

Might have to get up the Vic!

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #414 on: July 09, 2009, 23:41:29 PM »
RT -$1,091

I really do need to win something!

End tonight is "standard" ... 88 into Q56 ... opponent pushes .... I call ... A7 ... Ace hits.

L

Mikeyboy9361

• Platinum Member
« Reply #415 on: July 10, 2009, 12:02:54 PM »
Tedious draw! If the Aussies play as well today as they did yesterday we could be in trouble! having said that the new ball is swinging so we may pick up a few wickets this morning,
European Online Silver Medalist 2009
Member of the Leeds "Grand Final" Team
Scottish Amateur Championships Bronze Medalist 2013

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #416 on: July 10, 2009, 15:23:56 PM »

Tedious draw! If the Aussies play as well today as they did yesterday we could be in trouble! having said that the new ball is swinging so we may pick up a few wickets this morning,

429-4 ... (been on a train) ... I guess a draw might be quite good now ... look to the skies ...

It does remind be a bit of the last Ashes Series in Australia ... I watched a day in Sydney and a day in Melbourne.

England do okay for a day and then get eclipsed.

New ball aside - looks easy to bat

In terms of pitch prep" - is it a new wicket - part of home advantage should be preparing a pitch to suit ...

L

Mikeyboy9361

• Platinum Member
« Reply #417 on: July 10, 2009, 16:04:12 PM »
Yep it is a new pitch. And whether we should prepare a pitch to suit, is an old chestnut, we tend to produce as good a pitch as possible, and particularly in the sub continent they produce pitches to suit their bowlers... weird. As regards this wicket I don"t think it is as good as the score suggests, we have actually bowled badly on it, it is turning, and occasionally going through the top! If it stays dry, I think we will lose, the Aussies look like getting 200 ahead, and then we are struggling. But the forecast is to rain, so we might get away with it!
European Online Silver Medalist 2009
Member of the Leeds "Grand Final" Team
Scottish Amateur Championships Bronze Medalist 2013

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #418 on: July 10, 2009, 16:52:59 PM »
... I fear you might be correct ... fair play to the Australians, they have batted extremely well.

I hate watching England bowl - they seems to have no ideas, no consistency of delivery, fail to build the pressure up.

I cannot watch Monty (Variation) Panesar bowl any more.

Would Harmison do anything? Bottom Line he has the county wickets.

Strauss is too passive too.

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #419 on: July 11, 2009, 19:40:42 PM »
RT - $1103

DS shoot out ... Heads Up ... JJ vs Q7 ... blinds kicking in ... yawn ...

Watched a re-run of Torchwood ... pretty distrubing on the whole ... well done but pretty weird.

L