Author Topic: Tales of the Honeybadger  (Read 356477 times)

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
Re: Tales of the Honeybadger
« Reply #420 on: July 12, 2009, 23:30:16 PM »
Went to Leeds Castle today ... (oddly in Kent) ... great place.

Played on the "Segways" which was fun ... never seen one before who like playing on a Wii with big off road wheels ... very responsive.

http://www.segway.com/individual/models/index.php

Absurdly expensive to buy - but great to play on.

Missed all the cricket ... great escape ... but I don"t share any confidence going forward ... six wickets in 170 Overs ...

No poker today ...

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #421 on: July 13, 2009, 21:50:58 PM »
... looks like another blank day ... (pokerwise)

I ordered a pie and chips at 3pm and it came with 8 (chunky) chips ... what is that about?

I ordered an apple pie at 5pm and it came with a green leaf on top of it ... (ditto)

I then took a deep breath to brave the tube home ... 10 mins in a "vagabond" marched through the busy carriage asking everyone is they had matches or a lighter ... amazing how relaxed everyone remained.

Home - Bollywood dance class.

Film - Japanese number about a "talking dog"

We gave up on that one ... now watching Brick Lane ... I fear it is a serious film ... the music is quite nice ...

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #422 on: July 15, 2009, 16:03:48 PM »
RT -$1,124

A very sleepy $10+1 re-buy for a Poker Million ticket (Turbo)

Top pair called by flush draw which duly hits.

Thinking of prep" for Edinburgh APAT - not really feeling in the zone at the moment.

Will get the money in good - the rest is up to the poker Gods.

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #423 on: July 16, 2009, 16:55:23 PM »
... very little poker on the go at the moment.

Cricket going well ...

Golf looking good ...

I am looking forward to some spicy livers and spaghetti at my favoured (authentic) Italian restaurant.

Tonight is results night for actuaries and my lady can qualify (leave the notoriously hard exams behind - we hope!).

Tomorrow a morning start for Edinburgh and drinks/dinner with some of my "Edinburgh Chiefs" ...

Saturday - theatre of dreams - or is it AA vs KK in hour one and spiked!?!

Or is it 53s vs QJs ... and a pair of flopped flushes ... hard to fathom how Billy Kopp will be feeling 20 million chips down playing this hand early position - Final Table in the bag had he left the building - a classic tale.

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #424 on: July 16, 2009, 17:50:19 PM »
Following on from the 14 Budgies being stolen from Brechin here is another classic Scottish News Story ...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/tayside_and_central/8153407.stm

L

mal666

• Gold Member
« Reply #425 on: July 16, 2009, 18:18:08 PM »
Talking of Scots news this made me chuckle a bit, chip fat for sun lotion lol.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/8131611.stm

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #426 on: July 16, 2009, 19:59:26 PM »
... aye I read that one ... not something I partake in but inspired me to do the following ...

http://www.livingto100.com/

Apparently my life expectancy is 87 years ... would settle for that ... not sure how accurate this is ...

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #427 on: July 16, 2009, 20:16:46 PM »
... a bizarre thing to write on my "poker blog" ... but my girlfriend Jeanie has just qualified as an actuary aged 24 ...

Ding Ding ...

L

lukybugur

• Platinum Member
« Reply #428 on: July 16, 2009, 20:27:24 PM »
Ding Ding ...

?

Cha Ching you mean! Stick in with her - her wages may just cover your losses on Betfair ;)

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #429 on: July 16, 2009, 20:43:45 PM »

Ding Ding ...

?

Cha Ching you mean! Stick in with her - her wages may just cover your losses on Betfair ;)

Smile - well I used to spend my winnings on her!

We are pretty well set ... just to plan the ceremonial burning of her notes ... and get her on the poker tour ...

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #430 on: July 17, 2009, 14:14:19 PM »
Drifting towards Scotland on the train ... National Express now charge you to reserve a seat ...

I think they have lost the control of this line but everywhere you look "we" are being slealth "taxed" to death.

You wonder where it will end?

I am pondering the poker and what I want to happen - I feel miles away - though this might just stop me doing anything stupid!

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #431 on: July 18, 2009, 05:56:12 AM »
... and so to the big day itself ... not sure this is the ideal prep" up at 5.55am ...

Edinburgh - wet as opposed to windy (more normal).

Funny to be home and all that - not sure it feels like home any more - feels like a watery grey dream of a life gone by - such is life.

Looking forward to cards ... red ones ... in groups of five ...

Louis

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #432 on: July 19, 2009, 08:37:08 AM »
... and not the ideal end ...

Just before midnight at the sharp end of the day ... I wake up with QQ (short-stacked) ... blinds 1000/2000 (150 I think) ...

UTG Swindells makes it 5000, flat called by UTG +1, value then .... I am in for 13,500

Phil Starrs to act after me, re-raises all in to about 22,500

Rob Swindells calls ... I fear I am in terrible shape ... but once flipped I am the narrow favourite ... QQ vs AK (Swindells) vs TT Starrs ... very short-lived favourite with the Tens spiking and a very playable stack for Phil (Previous Winner, EPT and Irish Open casher!)

Earlier in the day a very patient approach required (and paid off) with a little help from an AJ vs TT race followed quickly by a KK vs QQ win.

First table pretty tight with the expection of a very (overly) aggressive pre flop player ... picked off in the end ... but only two uncalled re-raises from me (with goods).

In the classic "Home Game Challenge" - glory only (I think) - all my players are on the same table - nightmare - and whilst previous APAT medalist Charles Sanderson departed early - Gareth Derbyshire played the patient game too and was rewarded with AA vs 77 and KK vs a QJ push - stack now in place Gareth sprinted up to 150k before having his wings clipped at the end of play.

End of play - Gareth 3rd on 112.6k

Lot"s of small stacks to either gobble or get spiked by - and some dangerous stacks to be nervous of - feels like I should still be there but that will have to wait for Nottingham.

L

Mikeyboy9361

• Platinum Member
« Reply #433 on: July 19, 2009, 11:29:14 AM »
Unlucky Louis, you couldn"t have hoped for anything better withh QQ. Massive shout by Phil with 10s though. Having said that 10 BB and great value!
European Online Silver Medalist 2009
Member of the Leeds "Grand Final" Team
Scottish Amateur Championships Bronze Medalist 2013

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #434 on: July 19, 2009, 12:38:44 PM »

Unlucky Louis, you couldn"t have hoped for anything better withh QQ. Massive shout by Phil with 10s though. Having said that 10 BB and great value!

It"s a weird hand ... given the betting I think there is reason to lay it down (pretty marginal - but was auto push) ... that said could be against some sort of AK and AQ combo ... or worse ... when the chips went in I thought I would be in worse shape perhaps needing the Queen ... had I won it I would have been on 50k with Phil on about 18k (side pot) and Rob on about 9k ... so potentially a chance to mop these chips up too??

That said - later on Phil made a very big lay down of AK (vs AA) - so running good and making the "right" calls/folds - dangerous.

Should be an explosive first hour.

Louis