Author Topic: Tales of the Honeybadger  (Read 356002 times)

noble1

• Platinum Member
Re: Tales of the Honeybadger
« Reply #555 on: September 16, 2009, 18:23:09 PM »
happy birthday chap.... if u do go truffle hunting,save us a couple in your hidden pockets :)  
wine tasting? do they honestly believe most people will taste and spit it out !!!  ;D

Pears27

• Silver Member
« Reply #556 on: September 17, 2009, 17:24:25 PM »
Happy birthday for yesterday.

I got engaged in Florence. It"s rife, so be careful.

Broadway monthly special is on for me next Thursday. Can"t remember when you"re back, but let me know if your arm can be re-twisted.

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #557 on: September 21, 2009, 17:38:13 PM »

happy birthday chap.... if u do go truffle hunting,save us a couple in your hidden pockets :)  
wine tasting? do they honestly believe most people will taste and spit it out !!!  ;D

No truffles this time ... a trip for the future?

Wine tasting - I"ve drank wine that would be better spat out - but generally an odd concept!

Just back (from Italy).

Just about ready for some poker!

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #558 on: September 21, 2009, 17:40:36 PM »

Happy birthday for yesterday.

I got engaged in Florence. It"s rife, so be careful.

Broadway monthly special is on for me next Thursday. Can"t remember when you"re back, but let me know if your arm can be re-twisted.

Broadway looking pretty unlikely to be honest ...

Might play something online later tonight!?!

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #559 on: September 21, 2009, 21:04:42 PM »
RT -$613

APAT Qualifier : Did not make the first break.

Nearly did not reach the first five minutes.

Very unlucky to 1Foggy who flopped the straight vs my top two pairs in the blinds ... all the money in ... and I fill the boat.

Chipped up and looking to be aggressive I get chopped in half with JJ as overpair ... ramming into AA.

Progress made until I catch a second pair with KQ ... only to find two better pairs (short stack) ...

AK into JJ ... no help ... no complaints.

I will settle for the early night ... and try some more subtle poker tomorrow night!

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #560 on: September 23, 2009, 23:39:05 PM »
RT -$668

Played the $50+5 Turbo on Betfair.

Nothing doing ... great chance to quad up with AKs ... but defeated by Q7 early position raised ... and called by 86s mid position ... mmm

All this with Nick Clegg in the background ... perhaps the most sensible of the three offerings ... but certain to get the least votes ...

Quite enjoyed Newsnight too which seemed like a fight that Paxman was struggling to control - Lord Gilbert on epic form.

L

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #561 on: September 23, 2009, 23:41:53 PM »

All this with Nick Clegg in the background ... perhaps the most sensible of the three offerings ... but certain to get the least votes ...

Its very easy to promise the earth when you know you"ll never get the chance to honour it

Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #562 on: September 23, 2009, 23:54:53 PM »

Its very easy to promise the earth when you know you"ll never get the chance to honour it

Yeah I know ... I am fairly apolitical these days (pretty disappointing Leadership from all parties) ... but I thought it was a good speech ... not really promising the earth ... just saying that the rich need to pay their taxes and that people (all of us) need to be responsible for building a better Britain.

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #563 on: September 24, 2009, 00:04:43 AM »
Further political aside:

1983 Election:

Conservatives 397 seats - 42.4% of the vote
Labour 209 seats - 27.6% of the vote
Liberal/SDP Alliance 23 seats - 25.4% of the vote.

Bit of a bad beat really.

L

lukybugur

• Platinum Member
« Reply #564 on: September 24, 2009, 08:09:03 AM »

I dunno, I think Lib Dem time could have their finest hour very soon. I watched Vince Cable"s speech at the weekend - the first time I"ve been "impressed" by a politician.

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #565 on: September 24, 2009, 09:59:39 AM »

I dunno, I think Lib Dem time could have their finest hour very soon. I watched Vince Cable"s speech at the weekend - the first time I"ve been "impressed" by a politician.

... mmm ... not sure ... Vince rather blowing his feet off yesterday ...

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/politics/article6845019.ece

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #566 on: September 24, 2009, 23:21:26 PM »
RT -$723

Played my standard (when busy) $50+5 Betfair Turbo ... no cards until I rammed A9 into KK ... hit the 9 ...

Watching Professional Masterchef ... the show where professional chefs prove that cannot cook ... very pleasing ... but scary.

L

Pears27

• Silver Member
« Reply #567 on: September 25, 2009, 09:58:12 AM »
I"ve only seen that once, and all three served chicken raw. My food"s rubbish but it won"t normally kill you.

Good decision last night - only 32 with late-comers and alts, and some super-fishy stuff for a £150 comp, with a bit of needless handbags on the FT to boot. Better off where you were.

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #568 on: September 25, 2009, 10:38:42 AM »

I"ve only seen that once, and all three served chicken raw. My food"s rubbish but it won"t normally kill you.

Good decision last night - only 32 with late-comers and alts, and some super-fishy stuff for a £150 comp, with a bit of needless handbags on the FT to boot. Better off where you were.

One of the guys last night couldn"t make an omlette ...

(Surely this is equivalent to a poker player not being able to pick up the hole cards)

Another guy managed to cut himself three times whilst cutting up a chicken.

When three people cooked the chicken raw - there was a fourth person elimated before that for being "worse".

Some very good cooks too ... but few and far between.

32 Runners ... mmm ... kick off too late ... when I spoke to them they were predicting 75+

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #569 on: September 25, 2009, 20:31:10 PM »
... tonight Masterchef is making me hungry ... (well whatever re-run we are watching!)

Not much poker going on at the moment ... SUNDAY!

Nice Lebanese Skewers for lunch ... nice Chinese Dumplings for "tea"

If I close my eyes I can see a Chocolate Souffle ... question is where is it??

L