Author Topic: Tales of the Honeybadger  (Read 356181 times)

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
Re: Tales of the Honeybadger
« Reply #675 on: December 16, 2009, 23:34:40 PM »
RT +$644

X Factor profits for the third year running through a lot of trading through the year ...

AJ into JJ in the first poker for a while ... fair enough ...

I was chatting to friend who used to play a lot of Bridge who was getting into poker, I will interested as to his progress!

Feeling hyper despite 6.45am start ... work and train ... but now home to the South of Scotland where I will remain for the year ... unless a client calls me to London with a lucrative deal!?!

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #676 on: December 17, 2009, 23:49:07 PM »
RT +$551

Played the $30 re-buy on I-Poker : $20k g"tee ... classic event ... no cards but managed to win a race to get handy then as I limped with 77 the short stack pushes ... called before me ... I call ... but the clown afterward gets squeezey with an all in ... which is again flat called before me ... triple up or die ... I fold ... first card out a 7 ...

Was against three over cards ... and the small stack KK ... so a weird scenario ... but I then got weak creative ... which is never going to work ... finally shoving A8 into AT ... obvious A53 type flop and out ...

When you call the 77 you die ... when you fold ... you live but It needs to be shove or fold and not the absurd nonsense I half played ... a lot of work was required ...

Maybe more poker rest required ...

L

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #677 on: December 18, 2009, 07:51:21 AM »

I limped with 77 the short stack pushes ... called before me ... I call ... but the clown afterward gets squeezey with an all in ... which is again flat called before me ... triple up or die ... I fold ... first card out a 7 ...

constant shuffler on iPoker, so dont feel too bad.
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #678 on: December 18, 2009, 08:57:36 AM »
Rob

More annoyed that I didn"t call regardless of spiking the 7 ... felt like I would have best hand versus a lot of overcards ...(including the short stack) ... chance to make a stack or die ... compounded by the fact that I was only willing to fire a one bullet bluff ... when two bullets would have done it!

It was 77 vs A4 vs KQs (vs KK - short stack)

A4 held up for the main pot both unhit ... (constant shuffle - so if I call the board it AKQ ... DING DING!)

Not being playing much - nasty annoying hand - but then as a pretty low stack squandered a few chips before mandatory A8 shove into AT ...

2009 = Wilderness

2010 - Make sure that I don"t live the same year again ...

Aside - got on the Wii last night - 15 stone 9 - DING DING - any progress for you?

Its looks like all those mini magnums became a maxi one.

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #679 on: December 19, 2009, 10:45:20 AM »
Frostsville in Southern Scotland ... I am the BBC news reader who tells you it is snowing ... it"s vital ... right?

The slow tedious thud of my headache is doing nothing for me ...

On the bright side I have just eaten an omlette ... the tide has turned ...

Louis

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #680 on: December 19, 2009, 14:27:07 PM »
... apparently is was -7 degrees C here last night which is causing me concern over my terracotta lions that guard my house ... they may crack and break (and in a sense die) ... I must bring them inside (for their safety).

I was chatting to mum who posed the following question .... does Cheryl Cole still live in Byker Grove ... I am so pleased with this question I might just have to make up a T-Shirt ...

Wikipedia classic info ... "In November 1994 Byker Grove became the first British drama to broach the subject of coming out when Noddy Fishwick kissed his close friend Gary Hendrix at the back of a cinema."

What do you do with all this random info ... store it in a box?

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #681 on: December 20, 2009, 17:20:19 PM »
I suppose I must accept it is Christmas ... it feels unlikely that I will win the battle to make Christmas a bi-annual event.

Time off is good in that you do things that you otherwise might not ... e.g. walk across the virgin snows of my local golf course.

I enjoy the snowy beach awaiting the muddy swirl of the Solway ... not too far from Sellafield ... perhaps I should get a Geiger counter for Christmas ...

... bizarre TV too ... and amazingly by brother has released a soccer training DVD in Japanese ... how do these things happen?

Makes me want to kick a ball ...

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #682 on: December 21, 2009, 19:13:47 PM »
... getting a firmer desire to play ... it"s a good thing until I run AK into AA ... however for the moment I must write the next instalment of my "Christmas Thoughts" ...

... I might well put this out to a wider distribution ... but there are things you do at Christmas that you would do at no other time of the year ...

For example, audit your "pantry" ...

... I pose the question ... what are the two most out of date food items to be found.

In second place ... a Jamaican Ginger Cake ... Nov 3rd 2008 ... it still feels moist ... but the winner is ...

A Nestle Thick and Creamy Rice Pudding - October 2005 - I didn"t even own this house then!

Now that I have found it I will treasure it ... and heirloom it ...

L
« Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 21:16:24 PM by Honeybadg »

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #683 on: December 21, 2009, 20:26:44 PM »
RT +$496

Pokerstars $80k g"tee in play ... $50+5 ... currenty 1706 runners ... but 32 mins of late reg allowed ...

Slow start - no cards - happy to take the card rush later!

Nice to be on the table ... alarm at 8.25am less pleasing!

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #684 on: December 21, 2009, 21:30:21 PM »
Christmas Thoughts:

Late night coffee in the kitchen ...

I ask my girlfriend what she wants for Christmas ... and she tells me what we need for the house ... I like this strategy ... but as it stands she may not like her present ... a cake cover and a laundry basket ... (actually she wants a surprise ... I can think of many)

She reads a magazine called "Pick me up" ... which relays news of a lady who breast fed her dog on the left and her baby on the right ... now that is a surprise ...

It also informs me of a lady who made a pair of slippers from sanitary towels ... which feels closer to a Christmas gift ...

... I am not sure how close we are but it"s the journey that counts ...

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #685 on: December 21, 2009, 21:48:27 PM »
On the poker front ... I am still alive in the Pokerstars $55 ... $80k g"tee ... ($112k actually in the pot)

It would appear that I really trying to pioneer a form of the game called "weak creative" ... it is annoying me ...

For Christmas I need a "gun" with three bullets to fire my bluffs with ... and not one bullet with a white flag ...

Anyway ... due to some horrible play I am back above average of the 952 runners left ... 324 paid ...

I trap limp UTG with KK ... and play versus the SB and BB ... no raises ... flop A8x ... BB bets ... I call ... SB raises ... GOD ... SB ... limp with Ace ... maybe ... I convince myself he has the flush draw and make the horror call (as I am quite short ... not short enough really!) ... SB ... hold A8 ... two outs ... and I hit the RIVER ... how novel...

Not deterred by my poor play I try the trap limp UTG with QQ ... this time the BB duly raises ... and we soon have it all in vs AK ... I win ...

Next up ... mid position I try the now 1D trappy AA limp ... only BB involved ... a bet takes down the pot ...

Next up the Button limp ... oh how I hate myself ... with Q9 ... SB and BB make things up ... 974 flop ... sweet ... I bet ... SB all in ... I call ... as he is short (ish) ... vs K9 ... ARGH! ... but I know the Queen is coming .. on the river ... like a bitch in high heels with a swirling black cape ...

11k vs 8k average ...

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #686 on: December 21, 2009, 22:05:25 PM »
Scottish and Australian news ...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/highlands_and_islands/8424513.stm

I like this bit the best ...

"A sheep called Lucky in Australia was officially recognised as the world"s oldest sheep before dying at the age of 23 in a heatwave last month."

... doesn"t sound that Lucky to me ...

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #687 on: December 21, 2009, 22:35:48 PM »
Poker : 415th of 2238 ...

Button push with A9 ... I call with TT ... standard A is the first card out ... sigh ... I had my luck earlier ... but 2-1 is little good in large fields needs to be 4-0 with a string of 1-2 defeats ... in terms of flips and bad beats ...

Early night worth little ... but good to be back on the tables ...

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #688 on: December 22, 2009, 22:52:39 PM »
Bids to play poker today thwarted by work ... work and eat work and eat ... I get fatter and younger on the Wii everyday ...  I really do need to hit the gym ...

Fitness regime on Dec 23rd? Unlikely ... as the Christmas shop must begin!

Perhaps something suitable tomorrow night ... and Sunday looking solid ... though theoretically going to work on Monday!

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #689 on: December 24, 2009, 17:32:28 PM »
The Christmas lollipop has been lit ... blue lights on the balcony ... lollipop in the window ... Bingo!

Still a few presents to (badly) wrap ...

... chicken tonight ... pork tomorrow ... seafood on boxing day ... not a Turkey in sight ... I do like a bronzed turkey but it"s just not getting the votes!

I am pondering which playing card looks most like a turkey ... is TT the Turkeys? (It is now ... in my head at least)

Good luck on the tables.

Louis