Author Topic: Tales of the Honeybadger  (Read 356319 times)

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
Re: Tales of the Honeybadger
« Reply #765 on: January 11, 2010, 23:58:07 PM »
Just switched on the $1m cash game ... first hand Dwan"s AA cracked by KK for $500k ...

Onto Betfair for a few hands ... but of course it isn"t working ... GENIUS!

Dwan now playing some super strange stuff ...

Great last hand from Gus Hansen ... right at the end ... a good hand to head to bed with ...

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #766 on: January 12, 2010, 21:15:35 PM »
Day 21

The big late night row ... 13km in 65 mins ... feeling good ... negates last night epic dinner with took 3 hours 15 mins to get through ... highlight the beautifully lightly grilled foie gras ... with the fillet steak ... all that said I literally blew a button of my suit ... so all this gym looks like keeping me just at par ... not been weighed for some time ... feel great for it though.

Cards ... brain not really there tonight ... I would be dealt JJ in a tricky spot ... good luck to those playing.

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #767 on: January 14, 2010, 21:15:05 PM »
Day 23 of the fitness regime ... starting with a splendid Pink Champagne hangover ... bit of Malbec in there too ... a great night ... but a shady morning ... that said 10 hours of work done and 4km of rowing ...

Big cash game next Friday - with a fairly killer table line up - it will be splendid.

Time for a little warm up online $.5/1 ...

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #768 on: January 14, 2010, 22:01:27 PM »
+$1406

Take the lucky money and run ... 69s vs QJ for a $20 short stack and then the AA overpair which ran into 666 but spiked the A on the river ... they really doesn"t happen to me often ... but I think I could get used to it!

Head not there ... but a pleasing stroll across the table.

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #769 on: January 14, 2010, 22:46:48 PM »
RT +$1339

In a classic mirror image ... I lost with a flush ... vs full house (paired board on the river) ... and losing 69s vs A3o ... for $20 ... scandal ...

Very short sessions ...

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #770 on: January 15, 2010, 18:29:24 PM »
... and so the week ends ... 55 hours hard work ... has spun by ... good to be back.

Puts a dent in my poker efforts but we will live with that.

Football tonight ... 5km rowing earlier (Blackberry at side) ... when will these miracles stop?

When I work like this I miss things happening ... like Liverpool 1 Reading 2 ... how does that happen?

Maybe I will find something juicy to play on Saturday night.

L

Pears27

• Silver Member
« Reply #771 on: January 15, 2010, 20:14:42 PM »
Play a qualifier for the next Sky thing. It"s in Luton on 6th March, just a one dayer. Sats every night at 9.30pm.

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #772 on: January 16, 2010, 00:40:14 AM »

Play a qualifier for the next Sky thing. It"s in Luton on 6th March, just a one dayer. Sats every night at 9.30pm.

Can you buy in directly?

What is the buy in?

Was playing football tonight ... great game ... which we somehow lost 2-3 ... we hit the post 4 times ... some good stuff though ...

Played an epic game of killer in the pub afterwards ... I ended up heads up versus my girlfriend who had never thrown a dart before ... she aimed me every time ... but killed the others! I won in the end.

Just started a little cash ... tempting to play heads up ...

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #773 on: January 16, 2010, 01:35:09 AM »
RT +$1534 ... money for jam ... but I can hardly stay awake ... L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #774 on: January 16, 2010, 11:56:15 AM »
RT +$1522

Fun cash table for a minor loss with few cards ... fair play ...

Watching "Popstars become Operastars" ... super weird ...

Later we are going to watch Avatar ... 5 stars from Empire Online ... a surprise ... but I guess I am now more up for it ...

Gym first ... football fatigue in the legs ... it will be interesting ...

L

Pears27

• Silver Member
« Reply #775 on: January 16, 2010, 13:27:24 PM »
No direct buy-in, and the comp is the equivalent of a £100 freeze. Only 5k starting stack to fit it into one day, but SNGs all day if it goes wrong early doors.

120 seats available online, made up to 150 with presenters, guests etc. Don"t get me started on that. 30-odd seats already taken after last night. I"m not one of them yet, 0 for 1 having pushed my up & down straight flush draw with no help.

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #776 on: January 16, 2010, 14:43:07 PM »

No direct buy-in, and the comp is the equivalent of a £100 freeze. Only 5k starting stack to fit it into one day, but SNGs all day if it goes wrong early doors.

120 seats available online, made up to 150 with presenters, guests etc. Don"t get me started on that. 30-odd seats already taken after last night. I"m not one of them yet, 0 for 1 having pushed my up & down straight flush draw with no help.

I may have a look tonight ... off to the cinema soon ... though will probably eat out ...

RT +$1631 (another quick session)

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #777 on: January 16, 2010, 23:09:54 PM »
RT +$1466 with the Eyes Wide Shut about to begin.

Played a bit of $1/2 NL on Betfair -standard does jump up from $.5/1 - kept flopping top pair but out of position ...

Eyes Wide Shut very short lived ... a bit aggressive ...

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #778 on: January 17, 2010, 20:21:23 PM »
RT +$1251

Sunday Warm Up on Stars ... dodged the first bullet ... QQ into J29 rainbow ... worth a 2/3 pot bet to gain a clue as to where my fiendish flat calling friends were at ... answer JJ and 99 ... a reasonably easy put down.

Got back into shape ... but then looked to spike my 55 ... flop AK5 rainbow ... versus the raiser who was playing loose ... ideal flop except for one thing ... vs AA ... oh well ...

An early end to Sunday night ...

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #779 on: January 17, 2010, 21:51:55 PM »
Day 26 in the gym ... in the last 10 days I have rowed 65,000m ... legs are a bit sore ... but pleasing ...

Pokerwise trips no good today ... 33 pocket pair vs T8s ... 369 flop looking mega ... Turn 7 not that scary normal case.

Also lost K Flush vs A Flush ... though very lucky in the the 4th spade saved me my stack!

L