Author Topic: Tales of the Honeybadger  (Read 356406 times)

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
Re: Tales of the Honeybadger
« Reply #825 on: February 20, 2010, 17:55:29 PM »
RT +$419

Further positive mini cash session ... heading the right way ... not far from funds for next week"s £300 London Poker Masters.

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #826 on: February 21, 2010, 11:02:46 AM »
RT +$469

Quick double your money sit and go ... 44 vs AK holds and no further worries ...

Looks like a solid day of rain in London ... or is that a solid week?

I find myself thinking of sausages ...

L

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #827 on: February 21, 2010, 11:09:44 AM »

not far from funds for next week"s £300 London Poker Masters.

Do you not use Bankroll management?

I assumed from your tourney buyins (55 - 215) and that you play 200NL cash that you"d be pretty well rolled for this.
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #828 on: February 21, 2010, 16:17:29 PM »
The calendar year before I started this blog I was $15k up - so notionally that is my bankroll ...

At the time I was pretty well paid so had quite a bit of disposal income, though I always looked for poker to add to that.

My general thought is to not lose money overall, and buy tickets for a big win, it"s been a barren year!

Wow - how tempting to play the warm up!?!

In terms of the cash game I play - I have played it about say 15 times and +£1,200 ish - so I take the view a big loss (-£761 was my worst) is just part of the curve - great game amongst friends.

A few years ago I played more for solid profit and could win about £7/8/hr playing pot limit £2/£4 ... but just playing the maths gets very boring ... and I was working about 55 hours per week in the city ... so I used the funds to play a few tournaments which would have been at a loss (good learning though).

So not really standard bankroll management ... but I will be happy to hover around zero and then post a big win ... hopefully soon.

How are things going for you?

Louis

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #829 on: February 21, 2010, 16:20:07 PM »
RT +$369

Chipped away about $50 looking to make the play and then hit a fishy straight on the river ... versus a fishy flush ... Ding Ding ...

Weak work ... back to the drawing board.

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #830 on: February 21, 2010, 22:48:32 PM »
+$591

385th of 5341 ... when JJ vs AQ vs 99 ... hits the rocks to quad 9s

JJ vs 99 is sick ... I lost the one outer to the 9s in the Warm Up last year ... (well assuming the player who said he folded the 9 actually did ... pretty sick anyway!)

Played some good stuff, stole a lot, got smashed ...

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #831 on: February 23, 2010, 12:36:57 PM »
Reflecting on the latest Warm Up horror story ... I think that is 8 cashes from 17 ... and another bad beat to end it ... giant fields ... it is going to happen ... I know that JJ vs 99 vs AQ is only a "race" but with two all ins in front why is the AQ calling ... of course the nines won it ...

Making it my second in the money JJ vs 99 defeat ... Ding Ding ...

London Masters is now feeling a little wavery - bad enough to spend 4 hours on line cueing up the beat ... but to spend the whole of Saturday teeing it up ... looks tedious ... do I have the strength!?!

I await the time my 9s always trash the overpair but rare enough!

APAT early schedule fights against my calendar - but looking forward to playing a few events!

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #832 on: February 23, 2010, 23:39:46 PM »
Late night cash ...

Hand one 67o ... turn a straight ... pretty much fully paid ...
Hand two AA ... flop 367 ... I bet the pot ... get raised ... mmm ... all in ... called by K6

$100 to $338 in 90 seconds ... I guess it is all down hill from here ...

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #833 on: February 23, 2010, 23:58:07 PM »
RT +$721

Indeed the downhill followed the uphill though the descent was slower ... pondered a re-shove with a weak top pair but saw apparent sense ...

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #834 on: February 25, 2010, 23:04:52 PM »
+$764 ... minor cash profit ... funny day ... got lots done ... despite some frustrations ...

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #835 on: February 27, 2010, 18:03:21 PM »
The return of the APAT ...

Super sleepy this morning so elected for Dim Sum and chill rather than play the London Poker Masters event.

APAT double header tonight ... should be good ...

Very pleasing to switch the brain off from work ... time to take the poker down ...

A little cash to warm up.

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #836 on: February 27, 2010, 18:55:25 PM »
RT +$664

Cash table woes ... AK into A33 ... looking good ... K on the turn ... looking great ... vs 33 for flopped quads ...

Next up J8 in J56 ... turn J ... all good time for revenge ... versus the same player ... or maybe not ... as they are holding AJ ...

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #837 on: February 27, 2010, 22:05:47 PM »
RT +$574

APAT - No true starting hands in c80 hands ... A5 in the BB worth a call ... J54 flop ... worth a call to the seeming continuation bet ... turn the A ... so all the money in vs Brian Yates" AJ ... no escape once I"ve called the flop ... tried hard to get things going but no ammo ...

Still alive in the Omaha ... but no much happening there either ...

A flat poker day ...

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #838 on: February 28, 2010, 10:00:29 AM »
... pretty weak in the Omaha ... I think i made the correct fold with an unimproved KKxx hand ... and then got killed KKxx into AAxx ...

I like the APAT tournaments though pretty packed with good players ...

The Holy Grail is the big win ... 8/17 cashes in the Sunday Warm Up ... nothing big ... occassionally I am a little patient/passive but mainly coolers or beats ... it sort of makes me smile ... as it the nature of Grails ... they tease you ... and just at the moment you think it will never happen it happens ... or something like that ...

Biggest poker win ... $8,125 ... just winds me up ... it"s like the thorn in the Lion"s paw ...

Fable of the day : Androcles and the Lion :

Androcles : One of Aesop"s Fables ...

A slave named Androcles once escaped from his master and fled to the forest. As he was wandering about there he came upon a lion lying down moaning and groaning. At first he turned to flee, but finding that the lion did not pursue him, he turned back and went up to him. As he came near, the lion put out his paw, which was all swollen and bleeding, and Androcles found that a huge thorn had got into it, and was causing all the pain. He pulled out the thorn and bound up the paw of the lion, who was soon able to rise and lick the hand of Androcles like a dog. Then the lion took Androcles to his cave, and every day used to bring him meat from which to live.

But shortly afterwards both Androcles and the lion were captured, and the slave was sentenced to be thrown to the lion, after the latter had been kept without food for several days.

The emperor and all his court came to see the spectacle, and Androcles was led out into the middle of the arena. Soon the lion was let loose from his den, and rushed bounding and roaring towards his victim. But as soon as he came near to Androcles he recognized his friend, and fawned upon him, and licked his hands like a friendly dog.

The emperor, surprised at this, summoned Androcles to him, who told him the whole story. Whereupon the slave was pardoned and freed, and the lion let loose to his native forest.

... I particularly like the use of ... "and fawned upon him" ...

L
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 18:28:42 PM by Honeybadg »

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #839 on: February 28, 2010, 18:39:54 PM »
... Sunday night ... and no energy for poker ... it"s a weird feeling ...

Mega workload plus lots of excercise ... just time to sleep ...

Watching "Embarrassing Bodies" ... it"s pretty grim ... but more interesting than the Antiques Roadshow (I think).

L