Author Topic: We can't all be winning players......  (Read 11864 times)

Zanshin

• Silver Member
We can't all be winning players......
« on: March 12, 2009, 13:39:08 PM »
How can you call that.... you should have bet more...... I was all-in...... well you should have had more to bet.

cincicrappykid

• Gold Member
Re: We can't all be winning players......
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2009, 15:11:33 PM »
omg ur my twin !
GOLD NATIONAL ONLINE TEAM C/SHIP 09/10.  S1& 7 BCPC CHAMP/H/O Champ. BRONZE WCOAP 7 Card Stud 2009. BRONZE Scotish Online Omaha  2010 BRONZE Northern European NL  2010. APAT NATIONAL PUB CHAMPION 2011 SCOTTISH OMAHA  GOLD 2012. ECOAP SILVER WCOAP GOLD England Team 2013  National Online Champion 2013

lukybugur

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2009, 16:43:57 PM »
Derek Blogging? Magic!
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 16:49:57 PM by lukybugur »

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2009, 17:14:58 PM »
looking forward to it

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT Poker Association & Tour
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2009, 19:18:12 PM »
Good luck with the blog Derek.

MAIR

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2009, 19:45:21 PM »
Mary Kivlin

Zanshin

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2009, 23:32:05 PM »
OK so Thurs. Night and just back from the pub.....

Situation... a bit tipsy and very, very tired....  =EV option go to bed...... problem... if I go to bed I'll fall asleep within seconds (it's a talent I have) and the next thing I know it will be time to get up for work... not a good thought...

Next option also =EV ... watch some TV on the PC (most of the TV I watch I download) and surf the net a while.... problem.... if I'm at the PC why am I not playing poker...

Next option.... do the above and play a little poker at the same time... problem... ehhh this will most likely be -EV... solution.... well I'm not sure there is one

So I'll obviously be going with this -EV option I suppose one solution would be to play micro stakes but I can't see that happening... next best option is avoid cash games and play a couple of SNG's.... yep limit the potential disasters....

Well thought out that..... good sign can't be to tipsy..... SNG's it is. Oh and also the next episode of Sarah Conner Chronicles... great series   :)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 01:24:57 AM by Zanshin »
How can you call that.... you should have bet more...... I was all-in...... well you should have had more to bet.

Zanshin

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2009, 01:00:25 AM »

Two $22+2 9 seat SNG's on Stars

1st one finished 4th for $0..... was doing ok but was short stacked of the 4 left and miss played a nut flush draw on the flop and had to fold on the turn.. pushed the next hand PF with AQ into AK... Mmmmmm.... should defiantly have gone all in on my flush draw the previous hand..   bad play by me.

2nd one  4th again Grrrrrr..... 22 v's kk when blinds and antes making it a crapshoot....

See this is the problem... 2 SNG's where I played OK and now $44 down and not at all happy...  should have just gone to bed... almost  1am, tired and tilty.....

So instead on going to bed and catching up on well needed sleep I now jump into a $38 SNG to chase the losses.... this is why I decided to blog about my game... so I can read it back and realise how much of a muppet I am....

Anyway... the Sarah Conner Chronicles episode was very good  ;-)

Zanshin

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2009, 01:26:34 AM »
The $38 game.....  2nd for $94.50

Current Profit/Loss = +$12.50

Bed now.......... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz   ::)

MAIR

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2009, 08:23:14 AM »
nice one Derek :)
Mary Kivlin

Mikeyboy9361

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2009, 09:34:13 AM »
Good recovery! $38 dollar investment, and only $94 for second, that is only a 2.5 return on investment, for the fear of sounding stupid, that doesn"t sound a good return, is this normal? What was first prize?
I played a two table SNG last night on BSQ and for a $5 investment collected $50 for winning 10x return, now thats more like it. ;)
European Online Silver Medalist 2009
Member of the Leeds "Grand Final" Team
Scottish Amateur Championships Bronze Medalist 2013

Zanshin

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2009, 09:50:04 AM »

Good recovery! $38 dollar investment, and only $94 for second, that is only a 2.5 return on investment, for the fear of sounding stupid, that doesn"t sound a good return, is this normal? What was first prize?
I played a two table SNG last night on BSQ and for a $5 investment collected $50 for winning 10x return, now thats more like it. ;)

10x return.... nice one  :)

The $94.50 for 2nd is standard

9 seat SNG $35+3   Prize pool = $315

Payout 1st = 50%   2nd = 30%   3rd = 20%

I was just glad to end up in profit for the night as I shouldn"t really have been playing  ::)

THEGUY84

• Silver Member
    • http://theguy84.blogspot.com/
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2009, 11:35:47 AM »
nice one mate
FNP,

Though I would give this blogging a shot!!
http://theguy84.blogspot.com/

Zanshin

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2009, 23:08:44 PM »
Ok started a couple of games....

$5 + .50 Speed Rebuy MTT on BSq.... Don"t know why I bothered with this as it"s not my sort of game... Suppose it was just that it was the 1st tourney starting (already a bad decision).

Was not going to re-buy when i busted but for some reason when I lost with my 55 to Mr. Crazy's 33 I re-bought and then lost it all again 3 hands later with 99 in a multi way pot with more overcards than....... well than a thing with a lot of overcards.  No re-buy this time and a $10.5 loss

Also playing a $20+2 STT on Stars at the same time.  Was playing well and was chip leader when I raised PF with AK and called the push that came only to lose to A10 when a K on the river made his straight.  Went out a few hands later as I was short stacked and had to push.  $22 loss

Now after feeling quite good and up for a session of decent poker I'm already tilting.....

OK so 5 mins meditation required before I sign up for anything else....

Total = Loss $20

Zanshin

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2009, 23:18:47 PM »
Calmed down now  8)

Onto a $25+2 STT (Stars)  and a $15+1.50 (BSq) starting soon.

Side note: listening to Elbow live with the BBC orchestra  :)

Edit: also decided on a $30+3 MTT on BSq
« Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 23:24:17 PM by Zanshin »