Author Topic: Whats the best Strategy towards the end stages of the league tournament ?  (Read 4273 times)

Charlie44

• Silver Member
Another brilliant performance last night. Congrats to all who played.

I"ve never really thought of it before but was just wondering what people thought is the best strategy at the end of the tournament. I must admit I was playing as in a normal tournament and taking some risks to try and finish as high as possible, but went out in 13th. In hindsight with 3 players in the last 16 (most of all clubs) perhaps this is not the best strategy for maximising match points for Cardiff club.

I have my own ideas but what do others think ?  

rubertoe

• Gold Member
I Personally think that you have gotta be selfish and play for the win - first you have to gain enough points to be able to get on the team for the finals...

Then you have to hope that there are others that are scoring enough points to be able to get the team up the table!! but its early days yet and a lot of things can and will change!!!

or You could just take one league game at a time and see what happens!
Lifes tough, its even tougher when your stupid

North London Poker Club

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
Later stages of a league tournament?  What are they?
"Running hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse."  Ann Trason

rivertaff

• Silver Member
    • The Green Deal Wales
Hi Charlie,

Last weeks round certainly showed the importance of getting more than 1 player to the final table, and i can see where your question is coming from.

But over the first 4 rounds i"ve tried to play for the team, and you start to change your natural game and that doesn"t work imho.

I think that you need to play it as you would in a normal tourney - going for the win, and hope that others in your team also do well enough to make the final table.

If another team member is doing very well, then perhaps yes a supporting roll is good - picking up 1 or 2 points could make a great difference. Keeping an eye on the leaderboard when it"s down to the last 15 will probably it decide for you.

Unless the team has got a top 3 finisher then it is very unlikely to pick up any points that week anyway.

The Green Deal Wales - www.thegreendealwales.com

undisputed

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Silver Member
Guys......... You MUST all know a few decent players, getting close up top, but we are being crushed in the numbers game......... MORE players = MORE chances = MORE points...............  All are welcome so in an effort to make sure the title doesn"t get over the border
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 13:52:49 PM by APAT »