Author Topic: Oh no, not another ThinkerJE in vegas blog!!!  (Read 29551 times)

CrizzyConnor

• Platinum Member
Re: Oh no, not another ThinkerJE in vegas blog!!!
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2009, 21:32:46 PM »

Plan is to head down to the rio later to buy in to the wsop for tomorrow.

I smell some early week success???

Can"t wait to read...
WCOAP 2009 Online Omaha Champion
WCOAP 2009 Online ME Final Tablist

ThinkerJE

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
  • To be the man you have to beat the man
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2009, 21:39:12 PM »
Thursday 18 June

We travelled down to a hotel 5 mins from Gatwick on the Thursday night.  Fairly uneventful evening.  A few beers in the "bar", which was advertised as opening late but shut bang on 11pm.  Basic scampi & chips was just eatable, this place was so faulty towers.  The rooms were very basic but it was cheap and I get to leave my motor there.  We crash around 11pm to get some sleep as needed to be up around 8am to get to the airport, flight due to leave at 11am.  Good news is Pakistan are through to the 2020 cup final, as I am on them at 13/1 to win it.

Friday 19 June (England)

Get to the airport around 9am.  Damm I hate Gatwick, then I forgot to print of my confirmation email and so have to queue to get a copy from the ticket desk.  Si is much more organised and we finally get checked in and get through security.  Off to weatherspoons for a greasy breakfast, I am not expecting much from the inflight meals so this may be my last decent feed for half a day or so.  More queuing at the departure gate and then we board the plane, still no events of any interest to report.

Friday 19 June (Flight)

Flight was boring, managed to beat up Si at backgammon.  But he had his revenge at Chinese poker to the tune of $20.  10% swap deal is agreed for events in which we both enter.  This is a no brainer for me and I cannot wait to get my 10% when Si picks up his bracelet.  Plane ran out of alcohol way early so it was pretty dry for the 2nd half.  Thw rest of the time was mainly mp3 based, chilling and trying to rest up, it is going to be a big 2 weeks ahead.

NO BAD BEATS - 10% of nothing is still nothing...

ThinkerJE

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2009, 21:41:17 PM »
Just got text from Si to meet up so will continue to catch up when I get back later tonight.  I plan to have an early night ahead of the wsop tomorrow, but then thta is real tough to do in Las vegas.

jacklevel06

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2009, 23:32:41 PM »
Thank god your both still alive .We were getting worried. Win it all gentlemen.
Mug punter on the horses since 1981

CrizzyConnor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2009, 14:56:11 PM »
Can"t wait to read more...

ThinkerJE

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2009, 18:13:50 PM »
Friday 19 June (Las Vegas)

We finally arrive in Las Vegas after what seemed a much longer than 10.5 hour journey.  Damm I love Las Vegas.  Every time I get here I still get chills about the place.  As soon as I don"t is time to stop coming I think.  We taxi to our hotels;  I am staying at Harrah"s for a week (got a great comp as it only cost me $85) and Si is in the penthouse suite at Caesar"s Palace (he only got it as Hugh Heffner is out of town this week!!!).  The rewards of being a platinum card holder I suppose (people laugh when I flash my gold card) and also very cool that he can watch tv in his mirror when taking a shave.

We pop down to the poker room to check out the action and find that Caesar"s have changed their megastack"s events due to low numbers and player feedback.  All events are now $340 buy in with 15k starting stack and 50 mins levels.  This suits us fine and they are now getting over 200 runners everyday which will make for some nice prize pools.  They are also paying out all prizes in cash (instead of the 10k main event seat idea that died on its arse).  We are not playing poker today so instead head out to eat.  Cue a fat meal at Toby Keith"s bar & grill, wow this was nice, I had the biggest steak ever, cooked to perfection, which I simply could not finish (and I don"t miss too many meals).  The service is also top, the ladies are dressed as cowgirls (think Jessica Simpson "boots are made for walkin" video), very easy on the eye, they got a nice tip.  Also had a few beers, the Miller Lite is back and better than ever, the first of many over the next few weeks I think.

After I recovered from the mega feed and was able to move again we headed over to the Imperial Palace and Simon introduced me to Pai Gow.  Wow I love this game and it is my new favourite thing to do after busting from tournaments, so addictive and a lot of fun.  The dealer goes on a sick run and I do some dollars, but Miller Lite is flowing and the table is buzzing, fun being had by all.  The cocktail girls at IP have the lowest cut outfits I have seen for a while, and the only qualification you need to do the job is to be blessed in clevage department.  I turned round too quick once and nearly lost both eyes as the Mitchell brothers came racing towards me.  Excellent!!!

I finally crashed about 11.30pm after being up for about 22 hours.  Hotel at Harrah"s is excellent, lots of room and a comfy bed.  Plan is to play the Caesar"s megastack at noon tomorrow.

NO BAD BEATS - Pai Gow rocks!!!

ThinkerJE

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2009, 18:16:27 PM »
Ok, we are still catching up but need to meet Si in half hour to head to the rio for the wsop $1,500.  More updates later today, unless I am otherwise engaged...

Waz1892

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2009, 18:30:12 PM »

Ok, we are still catching up but need to meet Si in half hour to head to the rio for the wsop $1,500.  More updates later today, unless I am otherwise engaged...

super reading once more..and good luck tonite..I seem to remember last year we had some pics?!  ;)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 18:48:50 PM by Waz1892 »
Carpe Diem
Member of East of England Poker Club
Team member APAT forum 2013

lukybugur

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2009, 18:34:55 PM »
The cocktail girls at IP have the lowest cut outfits I have seen for a while, and the only qualification you need to do the job is to be blessed in clevage department.  I turned round too quick once and nearly lost both eyes as the Mitchell brothers came racing towards me.  Excellent!!!

penthouse suite at Caesar"s Palace

The service is also top, the ladies are dressed as cowgirls (think Jessica Simpson "boots are made for walkin" video), very easy on the eye

This thread is rubbish without pics.

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2009, 18:38:29 PM »

The cocktail girls at IP have the lowest cut outfits I have seen for a while, and the only qualification you need to do the job is to be blessed in clevage department.  I turned round too quick once and nearly lost both eyes as the Mitchell brothers came racing towards me.  Excellent!!!

penthouse suite at Caesar"s Palace

The service is also top, the ladies are dressed as cowgirls (think Jessica Simpson "boots are made for walkin" video), very easy on the eye

This thread is rubbish without pics.

Agree, this thread is finally beginning to deliver after its fans were kept in the dark for a while.

But, we need snapz!!!
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2009, 18:53:02 PM »

CrizzyConnor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2009, 19:33:39 PM »
Good read, looking forward to the updates...

ThinkerJE

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2009, 22:43:47 PM »
Saturday 20 June

177 runners turned out for the $340 megastack at Caesar"s Palace and the first shock is that Simon goes out after only 25 mins of level 1 when his QQ runs into KK on a jack high flop whilst playing 6 handed.  He hits the pai gow tables and I continue the poker grind.  Structure is great with 15k starting stack and 50 mins levels, plenty of play early on and a surprising amount of exits.

25,325 @ 1st break (end of level 2)
The major hand when I managed to get most of these chips was when I raise to 275 with Ac Qc and get 4 callers to a flop Ah 4c 5c giving me top pair, good kicker and nut flush draw.  I bet out 1,100 and there is a flat call behind, then short stack moves all in for 8k.  Now it is most likely I am behind here probably 44 or 55, he could have a worst ace or worst flush draw or just be making a move to squezze the pot.  I go into the tank and I am not bothered about the flat caller I don"t think he will call.  The short stack also just lost a big pot and made be tilting so overall I decide I am either ahead or have lots of outs if behind.  I move all in to protect and caller quickly goes away.  On there backs and he turns over the one hand I did not consider Ad Ks.  Why he did not raise pre flop with multiple callers I don"t know, I release my AQ then, anyway I have outs.  Queen on the river knocks him out and wins me a big pot.

23,600 @ 2nd break (end of level 4)
Not played many hands.  Under no pressure with current chip stack.  Playing really tight and creating a good image.  The one time I did raise the table could not fold fast enough.

17,100 @ 3rd break (end of level 6)
No hands again, but still got a good image.  A small mistake when active player raises to 1,500 and I call in BB with Qc Jc.  Flop is A 9 T, I check he bets and I call with my up and down draw.  Turn ace, check, check, river 7.  I bottle it and check, fearing he may be slow playing an ace.  He checks behind and shows the dolly parton for a pair of 9"s.  With my image if I bet the river or turn he surely folds.  Blinds 400,800 with 100 ante when back so starting to come under pressure with about 8M.

17,100 @ dinner break (end of level 7)
Folding alot.  Only major hand when active guy raises again and I find AA on the button.  I smooth call 3k of my 14k remaining as I want to double up fully and may not get called if I push.  Flop K J 9 rainbow, he checks I bet 3k and he folds, he said he had QQ but most likely a bag of bolts.  If he did have queens then a ship pre flop would have worked but I took a chance to try and double up.  I need to get full value for the premium hands i receive.  600,1200 with 100 ante when back, need to get busy now.  Chilli cheese dog and fries for dinner, very nice and free as you get a $10 voucher when entering the tournament.  Also catch up with Si who is doing his nuts on the table games, early days though.

OUT 54th 23 mins into level 9
No hands, used iamge to move in a few times with an ace to no action.  Exit hand as follows;  Blinds 800, 1600 with 200 ante, I move in in mid position for 12,800 with 44.  Crazy lady behind first limps then when told I had raised decides to call anyway!?!?!  44 vs AJ, ace in door and I am gone.  Pleased with my patience and play in general, needed to double up and when called about in as good a shape as I could be.  I sulk away (I hate getting knocked out of any tournament) take a peek at the pu$$ycats, who seem rather subdued this year.  Perhaps I am getting old but they don"t seem to be making the same effort as in previous years.  I head over to IP to meet up with Si at the pai gow table.

The next 12 hours fly by as the beer flows and good fun is had by all.  Saturday night in vegas is certainly party night as loads of people come in for the weekend.  We get chatting to a couple of crazy ladies who are fasicinated by my english accent.  They keep asking me to say words then proceed to laugh to themselves.  I try to point out how american english is not proper english and that how tyre is not spelt with an i and colour has a u in it but I don"t think they got it.  Bless them, they weren"t the brightest girls in the room but they were very easy on the eye and good fun to hang out with.  One of them was an actress who had played a hooker who got murdered on CSI (apparantly, I did not recognise her), who was very petite but was obsessed with the size of her ass (or arse as I corrected her).  Americans are so vain.  Other people come and go and I proceed to get completely smashed as the cocktail girls Elaine and Rhonda keep bringing me drinks (I am a good tipper apparantly).  I finally call it a night (or morning) about 7am and head back to get a few hours before the megastack at noon.  It could be a long 2 weeks...

NO BAD BEATS - wrong end of a coin flip, no complaints.

lukybugur

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2009, 22:48:19 PM »
Excellent! (not the result)  Keep it coming.

THEGUY84

• Silver Member
    • http://theguy84.blogspot.com/
« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2009, 22:57:38 PM »
great read! cant wait for the next instalment! I can wait till vegas now.....
FNP,

Though I would give this blogging a shot!!
http://theguy84.blogspot.com/