Author Topic: BLACK COUNTRY POKER CLUB....SEASON TWO  (Read 12795 times)

BOINGBLITZ

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
BLACK COUNTRY POKER CLUB....SEASON TWO
« on: May 09, 2009, 12:19:56 PM »
Season Two of the BCPC began last night with our numbers boosted by 4 new faces including 2 who have made the Final Tables in live APAT events this season, making the club even stronger than it already was in Season One.
  With subs increased from £10 to £15, we will be giving away FIVE seats as prizes this season with the winner getting a £550 entry into the Coral event at Bristol at the end of October, plus the coverted BCPC trophy of course.
  Play began 8-handed on 2 tables and was quite tight and we didn"t get our first casualty until deep into level 2 when Matt McKinlay pushed pre-flop for his final 1350 chips with   qh  qs  and was dismayed to see Brian Yates call him with   kh  ks with the Kings holding.

Into Level 3 and we lost our first newcomer when Will Young, after raising from the button, was priced into call Tony Trippier"s all-in shove from the blinds with   :as:  jd     Will showed   7d  6d but the blank board sent him home early.

Steve Redfern was beginning to get busy after going down to less than 3k in chips and after a 3rd all-in shove in 5 hands, newbie Joey Williams called him with  7c   7d.   Steve wasn"t stealing this time though with   qh  qs  but a  7h on the flop left Steve with just 2 outs.......and cue the  qd on the river to eliminate Joey in 14th.

A couple of hands later and Steve shoves yet again with   ac   :3c: but Maxine McKinlay called with   ad1   kc  only for Steve to river yet another 2-outer as the  :3h: drops into place for him !  

Next casualty was Darren Hooper in 13th before the hand of the night came soon afterwards.  Short-stacked Paul Foy moved all-in from early position with  td  tc  and got a call from Brian Yates in the blinds with   :as:  qs.
Flop comes a beautiful   9c  :3h:  th for Paul, who then says "I don"t want to see a King or Jack"
Cue the  kh on the turn and a  jh on the river to give Brian an incredible straight and leave Paul saying "I"m taking my F.....g chips home !!"

So we were down to the Points-Bubble and finally Steve Redfern"s luck ran out when Ant Williams"   :as:  qs stood up against Steve"s   kc   qd  to take us to the Final Table.

First casualty was Chris Baker who"s  6d  7d was no match for Tod Wood"s   ac   qs  but we then had a big hand for the 9th place elimination where 2 players were all-in.
 Short-Stacked Malcolm Howell, who 2 weeks ago won a £220 seat at our "Newcomers" tourney to represent the BCPC at Walsall in a GUKPT side-event in June, moved all-in with   qh  8h. Brian Yates looked to narrow the field and shoved his big-stack in with  5s  5h but was horrified when Steve Freer announced "Call" and showed   ac   kh
The board came   9h  th  js  8d  :2h: to give Malcolm a welcome treble-up but also saw Brian make a profit through Steve, who was eliminated in 9th place

Malcolm then doubled-up Ant soon after when his  9c  9d were beaten by   kh  js  before doing the same to Marcel Furet when he called Marcel"s  js  jh with  ac  jd and failed to find an ace.
This led to an all-in shove from Malc with   :as:  jh against Maxine"s   ad1  5c  but it was not to be for Malcolm this time as Maxine continued "The night of the Rivers" by hitting the  5d in that awful spot, sending Malc home in 8th.

The rivers were flowing strong and fast now as Ant"s   4c  js  beat Paul Melia"s  ad1  8c on a board of  
8h  9s  9h  9d  jc  before Paul got some revenge in a hand with Maxine  (:as:  9c ), Ant  (  tc  td ) and his own  qc  jc
as the board came   kh  qh  4c  js  :3d:  

This was now shaping up to be by far our longest game ever and while The two Steve"s and Matt were fleecing Chris playing cash-Omaha on the spare table, Marcel became our 7th placed finisher as his   8h  8d got beaten on the turn by Tod"s   kd   jh

Tod was quietly playing his way into a high points finish and Champion Tony Trippier became a major factor also as he eliminated two players on one hand.
Paul shoved with   :as:  js and Tony called him with  ks  qh. Maxine was covered by both and got them in with   kd   jc  and we saw a board of   5h  8h  kh  7s which left both Maxine and Paul with only 2 outs but it was not to be this time as the   :3h: completed Tony"s flush to confirm his win and give him a monster stack as Maxine left in 6th for her best BCPC finish to date and Paul was 5th as he started the hand with more chips than Maxine.

We had now reached the money-bubble with the clock ticking past 1:30am and Brian Yates was the unlucky player as his shove with  ac  8c left him in big trouble against Tod"s   8d  8h and so it was 4th place for Season One"s runner-up and 8 points.

Tony and Tod were the monster stacks now with Ant having played a short-stack throughout, not only now in the money, but also looking at a big points finish too.
He was delighted then when Tony pushed with   5c  5h and Tod called with   ac  js. The flop came
:3s:  8c  qh , the turn was another   qd  but remember, this was the "Night of the River" and true to form, the   8d  paired the board to leave Tony"s pair counterfeited and Tod"s ace playing, eliminating Tony in 3rd.

After a very long night, although we did only reach level 10 and somehow managed to get 75 minutes behind schedule somehow, heads-up play lasted.......ONE HAND !!
The  jd  ts  :2h: flop saw Ant push with  7d  tc but Tod had   js  :2c: for 2 pair and the  :3h: and ks  sealed Ant"s fate and gave victory in Week One to newboy Tod Wood, meaning that we have still not had anyone win twice yet in the BCPC.

LATVIAN O/L CHAMPION 2008.
WELSH O/L CHAMPION 2009
IRISH AMATEUR CHAMPION 2009, in memory of Bill Young
WELSH O/L PLO CHAMPION 2013
Bronze medalist 2009 & Captain 2010 ENGLAND team.
CAPTAIN 4-TIME O/L CHAMPS WALSALL / WEST MIDLANDS.
No.1 ranked Online 2009.
R-up Sth Euro O/L PLO 2010
3rd Pu

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
Re: BLACK COUNTRY POKER CLUB....SEASON TWO
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2009, 12:57:28 PM »
great report - as I read it I thought "here goes 2 outer Steve again" LOL

BOINGBLITZ

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2009, 18:33:27 PM »
Stevie Two-Outs sounds a good name to me !
WELSH O/L CHAMPION 2009
No.1 ranked Online 2009.
3rd Pu

cincicrappykid

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2009, 20:38:59 PM »
it was me who knocked steve ( 2 outs )  out ??
GOLD NATIONAL ONLINE TEAM C/SHIP 09/10.  S1& 7 BCPC CHAMP/H/O Champ. BRONZE WCOAP 7 Card Stud 2009. BRONZE Scotish Online Omaha  2010 BRONZE Northern European NL  2010. APAT NATIONAL PUB CHAMPION 2011 SCOTTISH OMAHA  GOLD 2012. ECOAP SILVER WCOAP GOLD England Team 2013  National Online Champion 2013

BOINGBLITZ

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2009, 01:57:35 AM »
if i got that one wrong then my apologies Mr Champ
WELSH O/L CHAMPION 2009
No.1 ranked Online 2009.
3rd Pu

mattblue

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2009, 06:46:44 AM »
lol goood report mate are try for 2ns last next month woop wooop bring on dublin :2d: 7s

Ant1966

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2009, 08:58:13 AM »

it was me who knocked steve ( 2 outs )  out ??

Brag post imo.
"That's when you know your'e running bad,when Ant one outers you on the river". Brendan Byrne-Dublin 2010.

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2009, 11:23:41 AM »

great report - as I read it I thought "here goes 2 outer Steve again" LOL

OY!! I resent resemble that remark!!   (although against you, I"m "14 outer Steve"!)

Great report Bri!!

Can we have an PLO tourney next? I think Chris enjoyed the Omaha more than the Holdem.   8)

1TRW1

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2009, 16:26:36 PM »
Great write up, Bri. Thanks to everyone for being really friendly, etc. I knew a lot of you from playing online but still I was really impressed by how welcoming you all were. (And a special thanks to Tony for the lift home - I may well have been too drunk to coordinate getting a taxi...)

Don"t think I can make the onliner this Friday but should be able to make the SHOE tourney on 5 June.

Cheers, Tod
HTID
Science is ALWAYS beautiful

BOINGBLITZ

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2009, 01:44:56 AM »
no onliner this week...not enough players :)
Shoe is on though, confirmation in  a few weeks.
BOING BOING !!

That"s part of the attraction of our Club Tod, good play, plenty of banter, but all good mates now too.
All we have to do now is stop the smokers taking 15 mins per fag and we wont run 75 mins behind schedule !!
WELSH O/L CHAMPION 2009
No.1 ranked Online 2009.
3rd Pu

PantsMan

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2009, 11:04:50 AM »
Good report Brian. Have you just got a photographic memory or do you write it down on the night?  :)

Good to hear one of the newcomers won, my turn next month.

Sorry i couldn"t make the first one but i did manage to qualify for the Dusk Til Dawn tourney on the 24th May, £5000 first prize so couldn"t afford to miss the final league qualifier, and good job i didn"t as my 2 nearest rivals put enough points on the board to knock me out if i hadn"t been there!

Sounds like you had a night of some seriously lucky rivers and boards, although i think there"s a bit of poetic license in the use of the word unlucky here Bri :

Brian Yates was the unlucky player as his shove with   ac 8c   left him in big trouble against Tod"s       8d 8h

;D

Mikeyboy9361

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2009, 13:04:31 PM »
Live poker, obviously fixed!! ;)
European Online Silver Medalist 2009
Member of the Leeds "Grand Final" Team
Scottish Amateur Championships Bronze Medalist 2013

marcelharry

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2009, 20:34:30 PM »
my money is on Matt going out first next month, lol
Matt you can FOLD!

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2009, 21:38:23 PM »

Matt you can FOLD!

er...... touche!!

Ant1966

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2009, 21:47:56 PM »

Matt you can FOLD!

Pot and kettle spring to mind...... ::)
"That's when you know your'e running bad,when Ant one outers you on the river". Brendan Byrne-Dublin 2010.