Author Topic: APAT National Championship - Season Three  (Read 23253 times)

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: APAT National Championship - Season Three
« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2009, 14:23:26 PM »

Players can leave the venue after registration providing they are back in their allocated seats by 2.15pm (for a 2.30pm start).  In keeping with the new regulations, players not in their seat at the start of the event will be able to play.

Should this read "will not"?

I doubt it - there are always a few late arrivals. It"s entertaining when someone gets outlasted by an empty seat !! :D

Jon MW

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2009, 14:26:50 PM »

Players can leave the venue after registration providing they are back in their allocated seats by 2.15pm (for a 2.30pm start).  In keeping with the new regulations, players not in their seat at the start of the event will be able to play.

I doubt it - there are always a few late arrivals. It"s entertaining when someone gets outlasted by an empty seat !! :D

It is clumsily worded, but it is correct.
Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - Razz 2007 Champion
2007 WSOP Razz 13/341

K3vl4rUK

• Gold Member
    • APAT
« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2009, 16:46:16 PM »

lol i"ve been outlasted by an empty seat many a time :P

i tend to be fashinably late for things but i reckon i"ll be on time for a change next weekend :P

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2009, 13:14:38 PM »

Since the change in legislation (think it was back in September 2007), you don"t have to be at your seat for the start of a tournament. Before then, you had to be there for the start, otherwise you couldn"t play.  APAT rules used to say "will not" but were changed to "will" when the law changed.
"Running hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse."  Ann Trason

undisputed

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: July 09, 2009, 14:01:05 PM »

Since the change in legislation (think it was back in September 2007), you don"t have to be at your seat for the start of a tournament. Before then, you had to be there for the start, otherwise you couldn"t play.  APAT rules used to say "will not" but were changed to "will" when the law changed.

glad to hear. .. . .  the cardiff flight lands @ 13.45pm.. . . . . so may be a few mins l8 :-)