Author Topic: Honesty at the table??  (Read 28304 times)

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: Honesty at the table??
« Reply #90 on: July 23, 2009, 03:31:10 AM »

I remember when APAT was first conceived, one of it"s aims was to strive towards getting a standardised set of rules for UK tournament poker, and that APAT's set of rules would apply at all events.  I know APAT had it"s own TD for a short while, but I had presumed that when it was decided that cardrooms" own TDs would run the tournament, that they would be applying APAT, rather than  house, rules.

Have I understood correctly, or are APAT tournaments now just played according to the rules of the venue?

APAT rules to apply at all venues

This particular venue needed to do significantly more than it had done to familiarise the TD/dealers with APAT rules before the event....the rules having been sent to them well beforehand. The fact that they did not was a contributory factor to some of the confusions that arose

True. There was a minor incident on our table where there appeared to be a conflict between APAT rules and Gala rules. One of the players claimed the APAT rule but the dealer applied the Gala rule and said that he had not been made aware of any other rules to be used.
5th place - Portsmouth Snooker Club £10 rebuy

Liz Lieu borrowed my pen - 01/06/2013

Jon MW

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
Re: Honesty at the table??
« Reply #91 on: July 23, 2009, 06:42:14 AM »

I remember when APAT was first conceived, one of it"s aims was to strive towards getting a standardised set of rules for UK tournament poker, and that APAT's set of rules would apply at all events.  I know APAT had it"s own TD for a short while, but I had presumed that when it was decided that cardrooms" own TDs would run the tournament, that they would be applying APAT, rather than  house, rules.

Have I understood correctly, or are APAT tournaments now just played according to the rules of the venue?

APAT rules to apply at all venues

This particular venue needed to do significantly more than it had done to familiarise the TD/dealers with APAT rules before the event....the rules having been sent to them well beforehand. The fact that they did not was a contributory factor to some of the confusions that arose

True. There was a minor incident on our table where there appeared to be a conflict between APAT rules and Gala rules. One of the players claimed the APAT rule but the dealer applied the Gala rule and said that he had not been made aware of any other rules to be used.

This has happened a couple of times at APAT nationals I"ve been at - it"s a bit awkward trying to insist that APAT rules overide the house rules in APAT events, but both times the dealer has accepted it. I don"t think that this necessarily reflects badly on these dealers or those dealers though - it might just be down to how persuasive and forceful the argument given to them is. :D
Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - Razz 2007 Champion
2007 WSOP Razz 13/341