Author Topic: What Day Should Online Series Games Be Played On?  (Read 39909 times)

Bodddders

• Gold Member
  • WCOAP Razz Champion 2008
What Day Should Online Series Games Be Played On?
« on: May 28, 2007, 07:34:38 AM »
Does any else agree that Saturdays are not the ideal day to hold the fortnightly series.
Surprisingly I do have a social life and Saturdays are taken up with the occasional event. I think a midweek slot would be better with say a 7pm start so the tourney would finish around midnight. Anyone else have any thoughts for season 2.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2007, 18:20:25 PM by APAT »
aka - Honeycroft on Blue Sq.
On-Line National Poker League - South London Team Captain

Rich

Re: Not Saturdays
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2007, 08:33:00 AM »
I think Sunday evenings would be best, its when a lot of people are playing anyway! But whatever day/time isnt going to suit everyone

dustyfinish

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2007, 08:56:32 AM »
Friday or sat is good for me i"m a player mainly at the weekend, as during the week i have an early start for work and am usually late home

Muscular Baby

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2007, 11:12:23 AM »
You"re never going to meet everyone"s needs with this. I agree a Saturday is often a busy night for a lot of people. Maybe it"s worth considering alternating between nights to give as many people as possible a chance? I know there is the problem of not having regularity, which may mean some people miss when an event is. Might be worth experimenting with at first to see which nights are most popular and then making a firm decision on just one or maybe two days to alternate between.

Phill

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2007, 12:21:30 PM »
its working well as it is

Des_D

• Tester
  • Silver Member
    • Amteur Poker Association & Tour
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2007, 12:38:31 PM »
We will definitely be looking at the online series night for season two. 

The key criteria is to be able to start early enought to avoid players needing to be up too late if the following day is a work day. 

Starting at 7pm and earlier is difficult during the weekdays where players may be getting in from work / having dinner with their families.

I would welcome more views on this thread.  

coprey

• Gold Member
  • SkinEm
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2007, 12:45:30 PM »
Saturday at 8pm works for me. Time to say goodnight to the little one, and no work the next day in case I happen to go deep.

gangly joker

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2007, 12:46:57 PM »
I too find Sat. nights difficult to make.  That being said, I understand that you won"t be able to accoomodate everyone.

The idea of alternating the days of the events might be a good comprimise.  Nothing drastic, but maybe the first tourney on a Sat. and the next on a Sun. and then alternate Sat./Sun. for the rest of the season. 

Just an idea.

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2007, 17:32:09 PM »
Sundays are probably a better bet for the majority (I"d guess).  Alternating between Saturday and Sunday could be a solution.

Might be worth getting a number of solutions and getting the APAT members to vote in a poll - and then the final decision could be based on this.

"Running hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse."  Ann Trason

FlyingPig73

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2007, 17:34:24 PM »

Saturday at 8pm works for me. Time to say goodnight to the little one, and no work the next day in case I happen to go deep.

I have to agree with this. I know a Saturday night is not great for some, but for me it is the best and most suitable time to have a tournament like this.

Kids are in bed at 8 or around then, then I am free to play poker and no work the next day. At 7 o"clock during the week I am sometimes only just getting in from work and still have the normal things to do on the house. These tournaments are well structured and I am sure we all want to keep the present structure, so if we start at 7 or 8 on a weeknight we would not be finished till about 12. Most people are up between 6 - 7 for work the next day.

If you have a social life and go aout all the time, then staying in every other Saturday night should not pose a major problem. There will never be a solution to suit all, but for me the Saturday night seems the right choice.
"You don't fail when you fall down. You fail when you fall down and don't get back up."

Des_D

• Tester
  • Silver Member
    • Amteur Poker Association & Tour
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2007, 17:40:09 PM »

Sundays are probably a better bet for the majority (I"d guess).  Alternating between Saturday and Sunday could be a solution.

Might be worth getting a number of solutions and getting the APAT members to vote in a poll - and then the final decision could be based on this.

I think we should leave it a couple of weeks to enable a larger number of members to become involved in the forum, prior to allowing the group to vote on an item that will be quite important to all. 

In the interim, it"s great to hear thoughts.

mikelott

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2007, 17:53:41 PM »
I agree, Saturdays might not suit all but it is probably the best day and those that want to go out are at least choosing to go out whereas if it were on a different day those that can"t play because of work don"t have the luxury of choice.
Sundays would probably be good too.

Geo

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2007, 17:59:04 PM »
Hi Guys,

Got to agree that Saturday is not a good day for me too, we run bi-weekly events for officepoker here in Edinburgh and the only day we can do this is the Saturday.

However some of the top comps on other sites are run on Sundays which would be my ideal day of choice.

A possibility would be from 10pm on a Saturday.

Geo
« Last Edit: May 28, 2007, 18:01:16 PM by Geo »

David Whiteford

Re: What Day Should Online Series Games Be Played On?
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2007, 18:34:02 PM »
Hi all,

Saturday is OK, but I would personally prefer a Sunday night.  At the moment it is mainly UK/Europe players, but if there are more US/worldwide players in future, any weeknight probably cant happen, due to time differences /working hours etc

RioRodent

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • https://photos.app.goo.gl/VFDZrGk6jgyCUzRB2
Re: What Day Should Online Series Games Be Played On?
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2007, 19:51:59 PM »
Saturday works for me... other things to do on Sunday night.

Personally don"t think alternating the nights is a good idea.
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.