Author Topic: Plymouth - anyone going 06/10/07  (Read 3373 times)

mobily

Plymouth - anyone going 06/10/07
« on: October 01, 2007, 13:18:37 PM »
Hey all,

Anyone attending the Regional leg at Plymouth Grosvenor on 06/10/07?

What time do you think it would be worth turning up at for a 2:30pm start? I can"t imagine interest will be that big for Plymouth!

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: Plymouth - anyone going 06/10/07
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2007, 14:16:54 PM »
I said the same about blackpool,for probably similar reasons you might think plymouth (i.e. relative remoteness), but was quickly shot down in flames.

As well as plymouth, I know a lot of people from the Torbay area will be interested and maybe Exeter too.

Get there early, register and watch the Man United game. But given that United have more fans in Devon than in manchester that may be a problem.
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

mobily

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2007, 08:44:45 AM »
Thanks for the info!

What time does registration kick off? Do you reckon the queue will be down Union Street?

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2007, 11:26:41 AM »
I"m actually going to the manchester one. I"m originally from Torbay and just know that there will interest from that area. Dont know when it opens for reg but a phone call should clear that up. As for the queue, it cant be bigger than the one in manchester. Should be interesting!
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

BigAnorak

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2007, 20:55:22 PM »
I will be crossing the Tamar Bridge from Cornwall, with a view to register at about 12.30.  I will also be attending the £5 rebuy tourny on Thursday and will guage interest from the card room manager - he didn"t know anything about it last Thursday.
It's only a Game

I could list my APAT achievements here, but I am too modest,and there isn't enough space

EMSBas

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2007, 21:32:10 PM »
Me and a few others shall be there too, looking forward to it.

mobily

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2007, 08:38:22 AM »
ah the good old £5 re-buy. That tournament is crazy with people going all-in blind all the time. Good fun though so long as you don"t take it too seriously.

I"m off to the £10 freeze-out tommorrow night so will ask Ian what time they are opening for registration etc. It wouldn"t surprise me though if Plymouth is one of the venues that doesn"t quite manage to get enough dealers!

I am also tempted with the £50 freeze-out on Sunday, decent structure with 10,000 starting chips and half an hour levels. Won it last time so could make it 2 on the bounce!

BigAnorak

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2007, 14:47:17 PM »
Yeah, the re-buy was crazy for the first hour.  My AK ran into 88 on a K87 flop, which turned into a full house, sending me home early.  Ian, the cardroom manager said that registration would start at 1.00pm.
It's only a Game

I could list my APAT achievements here, but I am too modest,and there isn't enough space