Author Topic: Southern Division players at the WCOAP  (Read 3334 times)

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
Southern Division players at the WCOAP
« on: September 01, 2009, 12:46:10 PM »
A great four days of poker at DTD in Nottingham saw a number of impressive performances at the WCOAP for players in the Southern Division of the online league.

Omaha

Two players made the final table.  Andrew Drago (Bristol) had 62,000 chips, whilst the club captain of Thanet, James Barber, started with 95,000 chips.

Both had an excellent final table.  James eventually went out in 4th place.

Drago played it superbly well and finished in silver medal position.

Main Event

Lots of great performances here, with a number of cashes.

Getting her entry fee back having made day 2 and the money was Robyn Oneile (Bristol).

Finishing in 16th place was Tom Steuart Feilding (Bristol)
Graham Wills (Cardiff) made it to 14th place, with his team mate Kevin Hancock (Cardiff) finishing in 11th place.

The final table saw Dave Potter (Plymouth) as the short stack, joined by John Miller (North London) and James Bagley (lives in Southampton, Dave Howard knows him, so why is he not joined up ?)

James went out in 7th place, closely followed by John Miller in 6th spot.

Our top performer was Dave Potter who is captain of the Plymouth poker club with a very respectable 4th place finish.

HORSE

I"ve left the best till last, we run good at HORSE in the south.

On the final table we had Jon Woodfield (Should be in the Brighton team), Richard Iwaniak (Captain of the North London poker club), Andrew Tracey (He"s from London), JP Round (Luton).

JP finished in 4th place
Richard fiinished in Bronze medal place

I think Jon and Andrew are still playing heads up.   ;)

Only kidding,

Jon finished in Silver medal position

and Andrew Tracey from London (Battle to sign him up ahead), was WCOAP HORSE Champion.

I think overall, it was a great showing from those players that play regularly in the league games and has highlighted a few more players that could join up for some of the clubs.

It was great to put some more faces to names, thank you to everyone that came up and said hello, and if I didn"t get to meet you over the weekend, there"s always another event.

If I have missed anyone off of the list of top performances, feel free to post and let everyone know.

Leigh