Author Topic: Calling Range when the Short Stack pushes in?  (Read 4911 times)

ZZZZZZZROPE

Re: Calling Range when the Short Stack pushes in?
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2009, 17:44:01 PM »
ship it in then go to the boozer when he binks :)

noble1

• Platinum Member
Re: Calling Range when the Short Stack pushes in?
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2009, 19:09:40 PM »
i"ll add a few titbits to the thread which some may take on board  :)

1.pacing your play within the structure/your stack size is imo essential,i pace myself on my stack compared to the blinds and antes.I also set myself chip targets,for instance a itm target for me in a 1000 runner mtt with 1500 chips to start and a %15 payout would be a target of 1000*1500/150 =10,000..this is just an initial goal,but at least if i do well early and reach or pass my target well before itm kicks in then i can slow down.[have a final table target etc etc]
2.play your game/style the way it"s meant to be played [your A game]and do not make moves or plays unnecessarily [patience]
3.i think some have mentioned this in previous posts but do not assign your own std ranges to call or shove with but base them on how you perceive the players std to be,if they are loose you can widen your range to call or say you are the shover and you believe the players to your left are tight, again you can shove a wider range much more profitably than if they were loose callers etc etc
Adapt to your table dynamics,replay old hand histories with opponent cards concealed and practice putting others on ranges and pokerstove it etc etc
4.there are certain points where you have to take coin flips or put your money in slightly behind,do not become results orientated just because you lose a few flips at key moments in mtts [it happens to us all]
5.see this quote -
Those experiences made me study the dynamics of larger tournaments and figure out strategies to hopefully improve.
you"ll find the rest here http://www.apat.com/wordpress/index.php
someone who has worked on there game,it takes a little study to get better :)