Author Topic: Northern Division - Leg 20 - Sunday 1st November (8pm)  (Read 15090 times)

lukybugur

• Platinum Member
Northern Division - Leg 20 - Sunday 1st November (8pm)
« on: October 30, 2009, 15:31:05 PM »
The 20th and final League Matchday is now live for registration on Blue Square.  To find it, click through to the Tournaments / Specials  / APAT tab.  All games will start at 8pm sharp.

YEP, THIS IS IT! THE LAST GAME OF SEASON 3"s ONLINE NATIONAL LEAGUE!

And it"s a fight between Glasgow and Dublin for the one remaining qualifying spot. Glasgow currently lead Dublin by 2 points meaning Dublin need to finish at least 2nd to stand any chance of qualifying.

Edinburgh and Belfast have already qualified as TOP 2 in the Northern Division but players from these and other Clubs should still see an opportunity, as many can still make top 4 in their Club with decent finishes on Sunday night.

REMEMBER, the top 4 from each qualifying Club will be invited to play the Grand Final against 9 other qualifying Clubs for 4 GUKPT Seats. Players who don"t make it into the team will still be rewarded with a % share of any winnings of any Club Mate who cashes in the GUKPT they choose to play based on points earned in qualifying legs.

The game, as always, is 13 min levels with running antes from level 10.

The password as always is leaguepl

Feel free to forward the password, but remember players must be signed up to a club before they play. Club registration remains open for the whole of the season.

IF A NEW PLAYER HAS NOT REGISTERED FOR A CLUB ON THE FORUM, BY 8PM ON A MATCH DAY, THEY WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE TO EARN POINTS FOR THEIR CLUB IN THAT WEEK. NO EXCEPTIONS WILL BE MADE.

If you have any questions, please post within your club thread on the forum and either myself or your Club Captain will aim to help.

Find Links to Leaderboards etc. in my signature below.

GL All.

Neil
« Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 16:17:05 PM by lukybugur »

lukybugur

• Platinum Member
Re: Northern Division - Leg 20 - Sunday 1st November (8pm)
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2009, 16:08:17 PM »
IN THE EVENT OF A TIE BETWEEN DUBLIN AND GLASGOW ON POINTS AFTER LEG 20 TONIGHT;

THE CLUB WHO HAVE THE MOST 1ST PLACE FINISHES IN THE LEAGUE OVER THE 20 LEGS WILL BE DEEMED THE WINNER. AND IT"S ALL IN DUBLIN"S FAVOUR WITH 4 1ST PLACE FINISHES TO GLASGOW"S 1. THERE IS A 2 POINT DEFICIT TO OVERCOME FIRST THO :)

Dublin need to win at least two points more than Glasgow tonight to qualify.

GL to players from both Clubs tonight.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 16:21:45 PM by lukybugur »

Morethanluck

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2009, 18:02:01 PM »

Laxie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2009, 18:05:01 PM »
Individual points draws are split based on individual results.  Team draws are split based on team results.  Just what I"m guessing anyway.

Morethanluck

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2009, 18:07:20 PM »
Actually, having read the rules this evening:

"13 - Where clubs finish with an equal number of individual points in the National League final, match point allocation will be sorted in the following order:  a)  The club who has the most individual points scorers will be deemed to finish ahead.  Should this not separate the clubs, b) The club who has the highest single individual points scorer will be deemed to finish ahead."

Therefore the team with the most scoring players would win in the event of a tie.  At present (I think) - Glasgow 16 players scored, Dublin 11.

Please confirm.

Thanks.

Craig

Laxie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2009, 18:08:30 PM »
Can you link to where you see that please and ty.   :)

Morethanluck

• Silver Member

Laxie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2009, 18:22:27 PM »
Those are the correct rules for the weekly matches.  However, we"ve gone and thrown them for a loop with the whole thing by possibly drawing for the entire series.  That"s why it was decided to base it on team results and not individual results as this is for the whole enchilada and not just for one night"s points.  That said, you"re not safe by any means as we have two players who are close enough on your heels to manage it your way too.

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2009, 18:25:25 PM »

Ruling required to clarify I think

THEGUY84

• Silver Member
    • http://theguy84.blogspot.com/
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2009, 18:28:30 PM »
lets just see how tonight pans out and look at the small print after, I would say that the rules make more sense to have the total number of indiviual point scored by each team to be deamed the winner as it is a team event. as opposed to having the greatest number of 1st finishes as this does not mean that that team won that week as it is the accumulation of team point that wins and that should be the case for the whole events.

Lets shuffle up an deal.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 18:29:54 PM by lukybugur »
FNP,

Though I would give this blogging a shot!!
http://theguy84.blogspot.com/

MAIR

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2009, 18:30:32 PM »

Actually, having read the rules this evening:

"13 - Where clubs finish with an equal number of individual points in the National League final, match point allocation will be sorted in the following order:  a)  The club who has the most individual points scorers will be deemed to finish ahead.  Should this not separate the clubs, b) The club who has the highest single individual points scorer will be deemed to finish ahead."

Therefore the team with the most scoring players would win in the event of a tie.  At present (I think) - Glasgow 16 players scored, Dublin 11.

Please confirm.

Thanks.

Craig

This ruling refers to the National League Final, not the the last game of the season
Mary Kivlin

Laxie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2009, 18:32:48 PM »

lets just see how tonight pans out and look at the small print after, I would say that the rules make more sence to have the total number of indiviual point scored by each team to be deamed the winner as it is a team event. as opposied to having the greatest number of 1st finishes as this does not mean that that team won that week as it is the accumulation of team point that wins and that should be the case for the whole events.

Lets shuffel up an deal.

Sorry?  

The team as a whole score points.  The top 3 teams each week get the TEAM points.  The team with the most 1st place finishes surely matters in a TEAM event, more so than what each individual has done, no?

lukybugur

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2009, 18:38:33 PM »
I can see the arguements from both sides.

My post above stands;

The most 1st places (3 points) scored over the season will win in the event of a tie

THEGUY84

• Silver Member
    • http://theguy84.blogspot.com/
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2009, 18:41:06 PM »
cool, I dont have a problem with that!! good luck to all, its making this last game very interesting!
FNP,

Though I would give this blogging a shot!!
http://theguy84.blogspot.com/

samuel_9

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2009, 19:11:54 PM »
zepidy do da zepidy day its the last league match and were going 2 play   HOPE THERES NO ARGUING BE FOR IT STARTS  anyway back 2 my singing  zepity do da zipity day its nerly 8 oclock  and were ready 2 play  SHUT UP AND DEAL i just love singing  walking in a winter wonder land .  jingel bells jingel bells jingel all the way o wat fun it is 2 ride n a 1 hourse open slay YO  if u want me 2 sing anymore just ask . but only when im drunk please