Author Topic: APAT European Team Championship 2009 - Live Update  (Read 130740 times)

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: APAT European Team Championship 2009 - Live Update
« Reply #480 on: November 23, 2009, 01:08:18 AM »
Easily my best APAT experience to date - a privilege and an honour to represent my country in such a highly competitive yet friendly event, and was so good to make many new friends from various countries.

To Brian Yates - great scoring matey... just a little gutted that I dropped points in that last session!!  Just think - if you didn"t get beat by a girl (twice)...... ;)

To the German team - an inspired substitution that was probably the best play of the whole event!

To the Poles - hearty congratz on a well deserved win.

To the French - unlucky. So close, yet so far, but very well played!!

To the Portugese guy I played cash with on Saturday night - wow, what a game that was!! :)

To Dan - thanks for the pick - proud as.... well, proud as a very proud person.

To Tighty - thanks for looking after the missus in my absence, and for making me really late for bed tonight as I have to read these 30+ page threads!!

samuel_9

• Gold Member
« Reply #481 on: November 23, 2009, 14:39:11 PM »
i cant say anything that  has not already been said except fantastic work from the finger dazzling APAT team and there updates  well done poland for there win and the we fella with the beard for winning the main event well done   IF WEE HAd not miss or flight we would have one                O when the wife gives you a good spanking  just turn and say THAT BLOODY HERTS      c yous next year  merry xmass and all that.          now im going 2 read the treads

hen

« Reply #482 on: November 23, 2009, 18:13:00 PM »
Wow, It took sometime to read over 30 pages. But for me it was like a bible.
Superb work on the update side.
Biggest thanks go to Marcin for trying very hard to persuade me to play. Dzieki.
I couldn"t imagine better way to be introduced to APAT. Few of my friends from Punters Lounge already play with you guys and now I regret I haven"t started earlier.
Going to the event, not meeting two of my team mates before and to gel so well, its hell of a lot of achievement.
The whole tournament run in such a great and friendly atmosphere, that it was overwhelming.
When I left, I gained so many friends, yet remember just few names  ::). Hopefully with time...
Huge thanks to APAT crew for organising, such a big event and for running it so smoothly.

Marcin, Michal i Ian dzieki jeszcze raz chlopaki  8).

BTW, can admin change my name to just hen. It will be easier for all to know who I"m. Thanks.

fethepo

• Bronze Member
« Reply #483 on: November 23, 2009, 20:06:37 PM »
Congratulations to Poland for a dramatic finish win and to all other teams participating in this great Apat event!

Everything has been said already, from the organization to the updates, venue, atmosphere, it"s a complete success.

See you next year!

Jean-Michel Ballocchi Jarre
World Team Championship 2011 - Silver
European Team Championship 2009 - Silver
WCOAP Main Event 2007 - Silver

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT Poker Association & Tour
« Reply #484 on: November 23, 2009, 23:39:19 PM »
Congratulations to Poland on their Championship win, to France and England for Silver and Bronze and to all other teams for conducting themselves fantastically well throughout the Championship.  It"s three and a half years since APAT launched and this was without doubt the most dramatic and exciting event I"ve had the pleasure to organise.  The management and staff of G Luton were also magnificent and a credit to their group.  I"m not sure how we can improve upon this in season four, but you have our assurances that we"ll try  :D

Congratulations also to Stuart Ward on taking down the individual Championship, to Brian Yates for winning the Omaha event and to George Dickson for winning the £100 freezeout.  We came, we saw, we conquered and we did it with some style.

Regards,

The APAT Team.

Here is the photo record of the Team Championship.

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT Poker Association & Tour
« Reply #485 on: November 29, 2009, 14:29:17 PM »

lukybugur

• Platinum Member
« Reply #486 on: November 29, 2009, 20:05:10 PM »
A top article ... I think  :D

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #487 on: November 29, 2009, 21:02:43 PM »

I particularly liked some of the comments posted by others.  :D

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #488 on: November 29, 2009, 21:41:33 PM »

I particularly liked some of the comments posted by others.  :D

Not all of them. To be honest I"m not sure what some of them were on about!
5th place - Portsmouth Snooker Club £10 rebuy

Liz Lieu borrowed my pen - 01/06/2013