Author Topic: WCOAP Online - clash with CoC?  (Read 15890 times)

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
WCOAP Online - clash with CoC?
« on: November 25, 2009, 14:05:34 PM »
I think I read somewhere on here some time ago that the schedule for the WCOAP Online would be revisited due to the clash with the Champion of Champions weekend.

Are the dates to be revised/confirmed, or are they as per the original schedule published on the main homepage?....
ie PLO on 5th Dec, and 6-Max NLH on 6th Dec....

Thanks

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
Re: WCOAP Online - clash with CoC?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2009, 14:25:04 PM »

I think I read somewhere on here some time ago that the schedule for the WCOAP Online would be revisited due to the clash with the Champion of Champions weekend.

Are the dates to be revised/confirmed, or are they as per the original schedule published on the main homepage?....

Thanks

Not sure what the plan is, will get an announcement out soon.

You think thats bad, just seen the provisional GUKPT tour dates for next season, add those to the DTD weekends, Pokerstars Tour and APAT weekends, and that"s one hell of a lot of weekend passes required.  Oh, and on some weekends, a helicopter may come in handy.   ;)

And for anyone wanting to make a long weekend of the UK Team Championships in Manchester in January, the first leg of the GUKPT takes place that week in Bolton.  That should mean most dealers in the Grosvenor network are in the North West for that weekend.   ;D

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT Poker Association & Tour
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2009, 14:37:47 PM »

Thanks

Not sure what the plan is, will get an announcement out soon.

You think thats bad, just seen the provisional GUKPT tour dates for next season, add those to the DTD weekends, Pokerstars Tour and APAT weekends, and that"s one hell of a lot of weekend passes required.  Oh, and on some weekends, a helicopter may come in handy.   ;)

And for anyone wanting to make a long weekend of the UK Team Championships in Manchester in January, the first leg of the GUKPT takes place that week in Bolton.  That should mean most dealers in the Grosvenor network are in the North West for that weekend.   ;D

I"ve had some fun with that lot above I can tell you.  With regards to the OP, we will look at the dates.

Outlander

• Silver Member
  • aka holdmnweep on 888
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2009, 23:08:32 PM »

Have used up my remaining holiday entitlement to coincide with the above dates because working in journalism I dont get many evenings off... plenty of days free but no apat tournaments to play in. Havent been able to get to any live events this year apart from Cardiff and the league was difficult to get time off for so the only thing I"ve had to look forward to is the onlines and have made a point of getting time off for them. Realise it"s not ideal if the Champ of Champs is on at the same time... but when dates are posted and then changed it can cause a lot of hassle for people wishing to take part. I realise I"m in the minority here by working evenings but if you are going to change the dates I"d really appreciate knowing coz it"ll be very difficult for me to re-arrange time off at this late stage... but obviously I want to give it a go.  
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 23:26:54 PM by lukybugur »

AceOnTheRiver

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2009, 18:47:55 PM »
Any developments on this? Struggling with the PLO but would like to know if the date changes. I am also planning on playing the 6-max if still on!!
@jpround on Twitter
Views are my own
"Do not protect yourself by a fence, but rather by your friends" Czech Proverb
"Where you find beer, you find good life" Another Czech Proverb

WASP

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2009, 20:55:52 PM »
I don"t think dates should be changed to accommodate the minority, I"ve planned around these dates as I thought they were set. I only realised there was a problem when I couldn"t see them in the lobby.  I"ve already given up my seat at City v Chelsea this weekend (probably a wise move  ::)) as I thought I was playing this but I could salvage the weekend and go to DTD if someone could make a decision "soon" please.
Rear of the year 1991
Pipe smoker of the year 1998

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2009, 21:26:40 PM »
We"ll be proceeding as per the published dates.  I will speak to Blue Square tomorrow to get these in the lobby.

mattblue

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2009, 21:36:44 PM »

We"ll be proceeding as per the published dates.  I will speak to Blue Square tomorrow to get these in the lobby.
good to hear this cause i have made sure i am free aswell if u change them i would have to leave faith in my 10 year old the mol lol woop woop

bigalhx3

• Gold Member
  • apat 7 card stud world champion & scott champ
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2009, 16:04:31 PM »
you cant move it for just a couple of people, Im away this weekend and i think wot a good do ipoker will not screw me up on the river. good luck all taking part

gary

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2009, 18:33:37 PM »

nothing on blue sq for the nxt apat online tourny"s, blue sq seem to have taken the apat link off the tournaments page, anyone know whats happening, i would like to defend my title in the 6 handed event at least
WCOAP 6 max Gold medal winner 2008
European online Bronze 2012

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2009, 18:43:46 PM »
They are there now tournaments/all

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2009, 18:44:56 PM »
APAT tab has gone, but all tournaments are in the main lobby.

Easiest way to find them is click name and this sorts alphabetically, scroll down and you"ll find all the APAT events together.

George2Loose

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2009, 21:37:41 PM »
Have some posts been deleted on this thead?
Follow me on twitter:  gb2loose

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2009, 08:24:29 AM »
Not any that I"m aware of.  I"m sure the other mods will shout if something was removed.

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2009, 20:06:59 PM »

Have some posts been deleted on this thead?

I was thinking the same.

I"m sure Brian (Yates) put something up about this. Maybe he had a rethink and deleted ???
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D