Author Topic: APAT tournament entry  (Read 18405 times)

Bodddders

• Gold Member
  • WCOAP Razz Champion 2008
Re: APAT tournament entry
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2007, 11:44:56 AM »
Good replys guys, at least we"ve opened the debate again.

One thing I disagree with from a personal point of view is that those that try hardest will succeed. I was at my computer at 8.50pm pressing ctrl F5 until my fingers hurt. Credit Card details written out on paper so easy to read, but as I have already stated nothing happened when I pressed make payment. How hard am I supposed to try. I have never managed to get a seat via a clickfest yet, but others have a 100% record ????

Also please keep quiet about the reserve list on the day, as I"ve managed to get in at Birmingham and even flew to Dublin and managed to get in using this method. So please keep it down.
aka - Honeycroft on Blue Sq.
On-Line National Poker League - South London Team Captain

Jon MW

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2007, 12:03:31 PM »

One thing I disagree with from a personal point of view is that those that try hardest will succeed. I was at my computer at 8.50pm pressing ctrl F5 until my fingers hurt. Credit Card details written out on paper so easy to read, but as I have already stated nothing happened when I pressed make payment.

I did say, "...Some people do get genuinely unlucky..." .  ;)
Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - Razz 2007 Champion
2007 WSOP Razz 13/341

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2007, 12:05:38 PM »

Good replys guys, at least we"ve opened the debate again.

One thing I disagree with from a personal point of view is that those that try hardest will succeed.

It"s not those that try hardest will definitely succeed via the clickfest, but that those who did succeed did try hard.  Whereas via the draw, people will succeed without any effort or real interest in playing.

So the clickfest definitely means that some who"ve tried hard will be disappointed.  Unfortunately.

I was at my computer at 8.50pm pressing ctrl F5 until my fingers hurt. Credit Card details written out on paper so easy to read, but as I have already stated nothing happened when I pressed make payment. How hard am I supposed to try. I have never managed to get a seat via a clickfest yet, but others have a 100% record ????

This is something that should be looked into.  It could be your ISP (who do you get your internet connection through) that is the problem.  Maybe next time you"ll have to try the clickfest from someone else"s house?

Also please keep quiet about the reserve list on the day, as I"ve managed to get in at Birmingham and even flew to Dublin and managed to get in using this method. So please keep it down.

What reserve list...?
"Running hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse."  Ann Trason

Bodddders

• Gold Member
  • WCOAP Razz Champion 2008
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2007, 13:19:00 PM »

This is something that should be looked into.  It could be your ISP (who do you get your internet connection through) that is the problem.  Maybe next time you"ll have to try the clickfest from someone else"s house?

Was thinking of this myself as a friend of mine has managed to get a seat every time so far and he only lives around the corner. The last time it failed was when we had to send e-mails for the Dublin event. I later had a nice e-mail from Tiscali stating that they were very sorry but some users e-mails had not been forwarded due to a technial problem. (Great).
Anyway good luck in Walsall.

aka - Honeycroft on Blue Sq.
On-Line National Poker League - South London Team Captain

Jon MW

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2007, 13:21:46 PM »
f****ng Tiscali  >:(

They"re not the best of ISP"s are they?
2007 WSOP Razz 13/341

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2007, 14:07:27 PM »

f****ng Tiscali  >:(

They"re not the best of ISP"s are they?

No, they certainly aren"t.  I don"t believe that you were alone with the Tiscali problem.  There might be some substance to it being ISP-related.

lord2300

« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2007, 16:15:50 PM »
how about like someone mentioned earlier with a larger playing field apat will be growing bigger and bigger as time goes by why not have the nationals done over two weekends day 1a 1b,1c, then play a final day could work should allow  3times as many players getting in and a bigger prizepool

what do you guys think?

Jon MW

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2007, 16:21:28 PM »

how about like someone mentioned earlier with a larger playing field apat will be growing bigger and bigger as time goes by why not have the nationals done over two weekends day 1a 1b,1c, then play a final day could work should allow  3times as many players getting in and a bigger prizepool

what do you guys think?

It would mean people being forced to take time off work to play.

Although that might be alright once or twice (for the European or World events for example) it would be biased against people who don"t have much control over when they take their holiday days if it was done for all the national events.

But if it is done for 1 or 2 it would still give an opportunity for people who are unlucky with clickfests to enter a couple of tournaments in a year.
2007 WSOP Razz 13/341

Rozza1

« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2007, 18:55:57 PM »
I find it disapointing that the regional events had such poor turn-outs when there is always so many people wanting to go to the national events. I was in two minds about driving from Cheltenham to the walsall regional as i didn"t want to drive all that way and find it a sell-out. In the end I decided to take the chance only to find there were only 31 entrants, thus increasing the number of seats availiable via the "click-fest"

I imagine that as people realise that the regional events give you more chance at securing a seat these will fill leaving people disappointed that they couldn"t get a seat in the regional. What then?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2007, 18:57:50 PM by Rozza1 »

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT Poker Association & Tour
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2007, 19:52:14 PM »
Can"t be giving away our Season Three secrets just yet.  But think "local".

RioRodent

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • https://photos.app.goo.gl/VFDZrGk6jgyCUzRB2
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2007, 20:00:09 PM »

Can"t be giving away our Season Three secrets just yet.  But think "local".

We won"t get many people in my "local"!!
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2007, 20:02:23 PM »
Des is buying the beers?

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT Poker Association & Tour
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2007, 20:06:40 PM »
APAT Pub....I like it, as Alan said, we might not get too many poker players in, but heh....it"s a pub, right!

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2007, 20:44:56 PM »

For the European event last year, I had two browsers open on my laptop (IE and Firefox, just in case), and two on my desktop (which the wife was manning - or should that be womanning?). 

Already having your card details ready, maybe in a text file (for a quick copy and paste), and also making sure you"re actually at home all helps!

I got in.

I think I"ve just given away some trade secrets there, so it might be harder next time....nevermind.

OMG - And I thought I was sad!   :D

HaworthBantam

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2007, 20:47:55 PM »

OMG - And I thought I was sad!   :D

...and you"re not alone with that thought, Stuart   ;D