Author Topic: Online series main events  (Read 12195 times)

hi_am_chris

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Online series main events
« on: May 29, 2007, 01:36:59 AM »
This is just moving on from whats been talked about in another topic but would it be possible if theres enough interest to get a HORSE event put in? I dunno what others think but i realli enjoy omaha hi lo and am gutted there isnt one event with it in

Divitts.

• Silver Member
Re: Online series main events
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2007, 19:08:12 PM »
I have dabbled in the games that make up HORSE and have played it for low stakes online just for a change now and again. I think most people prefer NLHE but i would certainly give it a go if it was introduced. Variety is the spice of life afterall  ;)
Remember.....its just a game!!!!

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2007, 19:18:23 PM »
For a reasonable buy-in it would be fun.  A good environment for people new to the games to learn as well.
"Running hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse."  Ann Trason

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT Poker Association & Tour
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2007, 19:21:06 PM »
We are definitely willing to look at including any event if there is demand, so it will be interesting to see the feedback to your thread Chris.  That said, it might be too late for the WCOAP events in August. 

KVNSTV made a good post elsewhere about having a series of monthly online main events for the poker variants.  I think that is a great idea and HORSE could well be scheduled there if we proceed with that idea.

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2007, 19:27:50 PM »
count me in, i do not play the other games normally but i have been playing on the free tables (getting ready for the last week on-line)

how does $5 buy in sound  :D

kinboshi, why do have you got a pocket dragon as your picture?

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2007, 20:14:58 PM »

kinboshi, why do have you got a pocket dragon as your picture?

It"s my card protector  ;D
"Running hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse."  Ann Trason

hi_am_chris

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2007, 22:54:52 PM »
I know that holdem is the most popular game but this is the Amateur poker association and tour and not the Amateur holdem assoc and tour, i dont profess to be any good at the other games but love playing them for a change. Again i understand that most people prefer the pot limit and no limit varieties so maybe next year instead of having razz and stud tournaments it might be better having all limit games in one tournament? just a thought, still dissapointed theres no omaha hi lo lol

hi_am_chris

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2007, 21:57:26 PM »
Had there ever been any thought of a rebuy holdem event put in to the end of season series?

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT Poker Association & Tour
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2007, 22:02:38 PM »

Had there ever been any thought of a rebuy holdem event put in to the end of season series?

As an organisation we do not endorse rebuys because of the very unpredictable play during the rebuy period.  That is not to say they cannot be great fun though!

hi_am_chris

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2007, 22:46:46 PM »
ok cheers

Rich

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2007, 15:49:54 PM »

;D That would be awesome!!!!! But I see why APAT would want to avoid them. Maybe a event with 1 rebuy and 1 add-on would be more appropriate?

Jon MW

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2007, 17:26:35 PM »

;D That would be awesome!!!!! But I see why APAT would want to avoid them. Maybe a event with 1 rebuy and 1 add-on would be more appropriate?

How are rebuys in any way whatsoever - a good thing? They just encourage bad play.
Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - Razz 2007 Champion
2007 WSOP Razz 13/341

hi_am_chris

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2007, 19:34:12 PM »
They only encourage bad play for that period, they build a pot up and can be a laugh? after the rebuy period its back to normal play and all the rebuy period realli does is a build a bigger pot for the good players?

Cazzaline

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2007, 17:34:39 PM »
Jon MW I agree with you, I don"t like rebuys at all.  The people with the most money to waste just go all in all the time, it is so annoying.

I don"t like pot limit etiher, which I played for the first time this weekend.

No limit holdem that is the best game as far as I am concerned....

Having said that I won"t say no to trying anything once, but so far I have been disapointed.

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2007, 17:58:36 PM »
Is it you who played at Bradford over the weekend? I am hoping to play there 2 weeks on Friday, but I prefer no-limit, do you know if its pot limit or no limit on a Friday?    

Is there nothing you wouldn't try? :o