Author Topic: jbworldwide's holiday fund spin up  (Read 24496 times)

jbworldwide

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
  • APAT League Controller
Re: jbworldwide's holiday fund spin up
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2010, 21:53:46 PM »
Further update this evening loaded up a few small stakes tourneys

1.10 PLO double or nothing (for fun) which I did +$0.90
1.20 PLO8 SNG (for fun) although 4th again :(
$3 SNG which I won +$15

and I used my 8.80 token for a Mixed PLO/PLHE and made the FT, got my JJ killed by KQ in big pot which would have left me third and able to push on. I then shoved the rest from the button with KJ into A10 in the BB and the Ace turned.
I was happy with the way that I played and I was short stack for a lot of the tournament and got myself onto the FT in 4th, just didn"t have the luck at the crucial point.

7/57 = +$20.52

totaliser

+$408.93 ($270 to go)
APAT League Controller

jbworldwide (PokerStars)

CrizzyConnor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2010, 23:54:58 PM »
Good luck James, going well. I looked into the WBCOOP but it said your blog has to be active for 2 months to be eligible. Did you get accepted? No point in me applying if it"s not going to happen, I imagine they"ll be pretty strict about it. Good luck on hitting your target anyway! Will be following your progress...
WCOAP 2009 Online Omaha Champion
WCOAP 2009 Online ME Final Tablist

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2010, 00:11:30 AM »

Good luck James, going well. I looked into the WBCOOP but it said your blog has to be active for 2 months to be eligible. Did you get accepted? No point in me applying if it"s not going to happen, I imagine they"ll be pretty strict about it. Good luck on hitting your target anyway! Will be following your progress...

Yep, unfortunately there doesn"t seem to be any way around the 2 month rule. Doesn"t stop some other unscrupulous bloggers nicking the idea though............
Currently tearing the Ipoker anonymous tables a new one

jbworldwide

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
  • APAT League Controller
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2010, 02:25:42 AM »

I missed the 2 month bit, oh well lol, next year.

Still up at 2am been railing Ger who is on another FT atm for a 45 $10

he also staked me earlier into a 27 man $10 for a 50/50 split in which he played as well, but I bricked out in 13th, thanks and sorry Ger.

played a bit of PLO 0.02/0.05 (for fun) on the side, made a bit

totaliser

+$416.63
APAT League Controller

jbworldwide (PokerStars)

pables

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • JACK7SUITED on Grosvenor
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2010, 01:36:47 AM »
Keep Going m8.

Not far now. If all else fails..............

You know I"m good for a loan.... But not if your playing cards  ;)
WCOAP online Omaha Bronze 2009
WCOAP Stud Gold 2010
UK Team championship 2011 individual Silver
WCOAP 2015 Team championship silver with IRELAND
WCOAP 2016 Irish silver
WCOAP 2018 PLO D/C Bracelet
WCOAP 2018 ROE silver
WCOAP 2019 Mix max Bracelet
European Team event 2019 Silver with team Ireland

jbworldwide

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
  • APAT League Controller
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2010, 20:59:32 PM »
Update after the weekend.

Saturday

The fear turned up! wow I hadn"t felt it in a long time, I feel I have done really well in this spin up and I am inching ever closer to my target but... WHAT IF I LOSE IT ALL????

I didn"t even bother on Saturday playing any cash as I probably would be giving my money away, so I played some small stakes tournaments and lost the fear again after some small cashes again (going deep and onto an FTstill proving a bit of a problem) I am really starting to like playing PLO8 but KK>AA in this format a lot (well I seem to be on the wrong end of it in all my exits)

Sunday

So i got back on the horse and then bang a big hand very early on...

Playing on Pokerstars for a bit and managed to lose a $40 pot 3 way with AA vs KK vs 1010. K on the river for a standard bad beat. But stars paid me back with interest when all my other AA held and someone was determined to smash off his chips. I am now at a cash game profit high of +$159

I also played the tournament on Pokerplayer (whilst watching the APAT updates and still wishing I was there, someone MUST pick me next year :( ) I came 29th and it paid at 20, I was gutted about this as solid play got me to 10k in chips farily quickly (20min blinds 5k to start) and then some idiot (great!) went crazy with 8.5k and 1010 pre-flop when I had AA in the BB happy days, oh a 10 on the flop. FFS. So then I played hard core short stack play and got back to 5k but i couldn"t get passed that and I lost KQ on the button to AK *sigh.

I actually feel that if that AA had held I would have cashed if not gone to the FT and possibly all the way as I was so comfortable and all my play was working fine (the field was weak) *SIGH

As a result of this Titan gave me a £15 sign up bonus so I may spend a bit of time trying to grind this up as well.

but Pokerstars is still the site of choice

totaliser

+$451.24

This evening, by some sort of miracle, I managed to subverse the T$C"s of the Stars blogger tournaments and I have tickets, so I am going to be playing this tonight with the £2000 added freeroll. GL me
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 21:06:05 PM by jbworldwide »
APAT League Controller

jbworldwide (PokerStars)

jbworldwide

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
  • APAT League Controller
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2010, 01:43:30 AM »
finished 55/5478 in the Freeroll

for $8.58

a7 no good against KQ sb vs BB when he turned the Q and rivered the K for a 200k pot

oh well $8 profit as I took the add on for  .50c

totaliser

+$458.22 ($220 to go)
APAT League Controller

jbworldwide (PokerStars)

CrizzyConnor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2010, 02:22:26 AM »
Your going well, how did you manage to get into the freerolls? Ah I knew I should"ve tried my luck :D
Would"ve maybe saved me blowing my own money for an hour or two at least :D
Keep it up!
WCOAP 2009 Online Omaha Champion
WCOAP 2009 Online ME Final Tablist

jbworldwide

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
  • APAT League Controller
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2010, 12:52:17 PM »
had a nightmare this morning in cash lost a $40 pot against QQ with AA which made me tilt a little bit and i spunked $5 more.
I have loaded up some $3 sit and goes to see if i can grind up again with some minimal risk, I will update this when the results are in for those.

the bank roll has taken a bit of a variance hit, update to follow
APAT League Controller

jbworldwide (PokerStars)

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2010, 13:06:35 PM »

.......and just around the corner awaits...... VARIANCE!!

....!!

jbworldwide

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
  • APAT League Controller
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2010, 13:34:41 PM »

.......and just around the corner awaits...... VARIANCE!!

....!!

I hope that isn"t an I told you so! I am aware of variance
APAT League Controller

jbworldwide (PokerStars)

jbworldwide

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
  • APAT League Controller
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2010, 13:42:56 PM »

had a nightmare this morning in cash lost a $40 pot against QQ with AA which made me tilt a little bit and i spunked $5 more.
I have loaded up some $3 sit and goes to see if i can grind up again with some minimal risk, I will update this when the results are in for those.

the bank roll has taken a bit of a variance hit, update to follow

Ok so I loaded 4 $3 sng"s, they were really tight and on 2 of them I went out with the best hand going in (cannot complain about my play, e.g. JJ vs QJ, QQ* flop) so I got 2x6th and 8th and a 2nd and i lost heads up to runner runner flush. so an overall deficit of 4.60 on these.

on the subject of variance I had a look at my top 10 winning hands and losing hands with AA in them.

I notice that I have won $66.55 with aces and lost $33.20 with them, the biggest lost being $21.85 in the pot today.

obviously looking at these figues is only a snapshot and of the top ten money lost or made hands, but it is interesting to see that I am 2:1 in profit. I figure though that hopefully the next couple of times i get aces I will win and this will boost the ratio further, we will see.

totaliser

+$437.22 (wounder $21 down on the last update, not the end of the world)
APAT League Controller

jbworldwide (PokerStars)

cincicrappykid

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2010, 13:45:51 PM »
where do you look for this info
GOLD NATIONAL ONLINE TEAM C/SHIP 09/10.  S1& 7 BCPC CHAMP/H/O Champ. BRONZE WCOAP 7 Card Stud 2009. BRONZE Scotish Online Omaha  2010 BRONZE Northern European NL  2010. APAT NATIONAL PUB CHAMPION 2011 SCOTTISH OMAHA  GOLD 2012. ECOAP SILVER WCOAP GOLD England Team 2013  National Online Champion 2013

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2010, 13:47:25 PM »
Y r u playing $3 sng"s?  U r way over-rolled for these, esp given how soft they will be.  
[ ] ECOAP 2012 Team Event Gold...

jbworldwide

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
  • APAT League Controller
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2010, 13:54:00 PM »

Y r u playing $3 sng"s?  U r way over-rolled for these, esp given how soft they will be. 

what should I be pitching at then? I am just trying to grind my roll up without too much risk, I dont mind putting the time in
APAT League Controller

jbworldwide (PokerStars)