Author Topic: [X] Degenerate + Bankroll Management = ...  (Read 30947 times)

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook
Re: [X] Degenerate + Bankroll Management = ...
« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2010, 15:14:07 PM »
Sucks - I think stars have had a few probs like this in the past.  Regardless - Id b relatively happy with it.  12x in PLO is still not comfortable regardless of the level of play.  If you enter the payout structure into an ICM calc, then Im pretty sure u got a great deal, and poker is really about maximising profit in these situations, so theoretically...mission accomplished :)

Now u have 11 buy-ins to go and grind out the 500 for first (or as the case may be, 1 shot at a bigger game ;) )

wp nh for beating the system as far as icm goes

gl gl for running it up further
[ ] ECOAP 2012 Team Event Gold...

CrizzyConnor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2010, 15:20:08 PM »
Yeah I totally get all that but i"d have still rathered play on and go out next than get the $34.25 but oh well. The main anger was the timing of it happening because I would"ve got more money literally just before it happened when I lost that pot plus there was a couple of players with 2-5bbs. No point dwelling though, I"ve got my rant out - onwards and upwards, hopefully the next one will be better.
WCOAP 2009 Online Omaha Champion
WCOAP 2009 Online ME Final Tablist

CrizzyConnor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2010, 15:21:16 PM »

Now u have 11 buy-ins to go and grind out the 500 for first (or as the case may be, 1 shot at a bigger game ;) )

More than likely the latter :D

CrizzyConnor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: February 18, 2010, 14:01:25 PM »
So I played a bunch of games last night while waiting for the APAT announcement. I never kept a close track on which games I played due to being more occuppied with following the APAT updates. So anyway my bankroll was $392.37 at the start of the session but by the time I had my final three games loaded it was down to $295 :o My last three games were two $22 F40 SNGs and one $11 F40 SNG. I crashed out of the $11 fairly early when my QQ vs 77 a.i.p.f got outdrawn when the 7"s completed a 4 card straight that appeared on the board. I finished just before the final table in one of the $22 games (only 6 paid though so not exactly great).

In the final $22 game though I made the final table as chipleader. I was running over the table and with 5 left my closest competitor only had around 40% of my stack. Cue a string of cards for me to call shortstacks all ins (JJ, 99, AK, AQ) and all 4 doubled up the shortstacks. One guy went out but with 4 left we were all evens again. I finally managed to grind it to heads up against a guy who had been going all in every hand since 3-handed. I fold first 3 hands heads up to his all-ins with complete trash then have to make a stand and call with my next hand (KQ) but he has Ax and it holds. GG. It was good for +$180 though so the bankroll is now up to a healthy $475.87.

I"ve been playing outside my roll for a few days now so when I inevitably crash I"ll crash hard so I could be back down to nothing in no time :D It"s looking healthy at the moment though so I"ll enjoy it while it lasts!

Next stop $1k or busto...
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 14:03:08 PM by CrizzyConnor »

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2010, 15:29:47 PM »

Are u setting odds?
[ ] ECOAP 2012 Team Event Gold...

CrizzyConnor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2010, 20:05:18 PM »

Are u setting odds?

On which one :D if it"s on the latter then I think it"s odds on...

CrizzyConnor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: February 25, 2010, 00:19:49 AM »
Not been playing as much on Stars this week. I"ve played a few games but have became lazy and started just noting my roll at start of session and end of session so nothing to really report other than the roll is down to $416.07, I"m sure i"ll get it back up soon and finally get over that $500 mark. That"s the plan anyway.

I"ve played a couple of satellites this week to the APAT Swansea and Sky Poker tour in Glasgow. I won a seat for the SPT at first attempt last night then won a seat to APAT Swansea tonight. I rode my luck in the APAT sat but I"m not complaining :D

Looking forward to a bit of live poker again.

CrizzyConnor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: March 03, 2010, 16:59:30 PM »
The motivation"s still lacking a little so not been playing too much and when I do play i"m still playing well outside my bankroll rules. I played the APAT online nationals with no sucess. I have played the odd game on stars and the bankroll"s back up a little to $481.48 thanks to a small cash in the $55 Nightly Seventy Grand. I hoped to go deeper but I did get to play with Chris Moneymaker for a lot of the tournament which was quite cool as he was talking away to us all and I nearly felted for him when he open pushed three times in a row, on the third time I was in the SB with A6 suited and decided to re-push to isolate only to find myself up against his AJ suited, I did hit a 6 on flop but he hit another two clubs to make his flush and stayed alive then went on a massive heater and stacked up. I still cruised comfortably into the money then after the bubble burst blew up and spewed off vs a complete donktard but oh well, there"s always next time...

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #53 on: March 03, 2010, 18:15:39 PM »
Keep the faith - who said that - oh I did  ;D

CrizzyConnor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: March 04, 2010, 20:43:35 PM »

Keep the faith - who said that - oh I did  ;D

lol, cheers. I played a couple of games tonight after work. Was down to $436 until I just over min-cashed in a $8 PLO tourney for just over $15 then I was the final table bubble boy in a $8 NLHE 500-cap game, was good for $55 I"m not too bothered about bubbling as I was playing for the win and the payout was fairly flat up until 5th. I decided to tangle with the big stack and when I already had a super-agro image it probably wasn"t the best idea to play a draw hard vs him but oh well, play ftw not for the ladder. That cash has finally took me over the $500 mark as the account is up to $505.28, now when am I going to hit that $1k?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 20:58:00 PM by CrizzyConnor »

CrizzyConnor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: March 16, 2010, 03:52:48 AM »
Not been playing on Stars really. Bored with MTTs at the moment, im sure the urge will come back soon. I sold my seat for Swansea as couldn"t make it anymore, I got $120 put into my Full Tilt account for it and have been playing PLO cash with it. Regular 6-max games at $0.05/0.10-$0.10/0.25 and also Rush PLO games from $0.05/0.10-$0.25/0.50 - bankroll management, what"s that? :D

It"s been swingy to say the least, i"ve been up and down like a yo-yo. I"m currently at $179.99 but $20 of that is through part of a bonus i"ve released so really only $39.99 up in real profit. I was up another $35 but had a 3.5 buy in downswing in the space of 5 mins, that"s PLO though... and I love it. Will see how this goes, think i"ll be playing mostly here for the next wee while, or until i"m bust and have to go back to Stars with my tail between my legs ;D

CrizzyConnor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: March 17, 2010, 05:18:15 AM »
Played an hour of Omaha on Full Tilt tonight and the roll over there is up to $192.15, I think i"m going to try and stick with $0.05/0.10 for as long as I can restrain myself, 19 buy-ins isn"t great especially for PLO but it"s better than nothing and I can"t really bring myself to play lower.

The stars roll is also down to around $450 because I played a NLHE tourney and an Omaha rebuy but my mind was more on the cash games at the time. Thinking I might try some cash again at Stars and just go for broke with my roll taking a shot at $0.10/0.25, at 18 buy-ins it"s around the same as my Full Tilt roll just for a higher level. I"ll see how I feel though, I never actually know what I"m going to play until I fire up the tables. Wanting to clear the bonus at Full Tilt is keeping me there at the moment but I might give stars cash a go, no rakeback is only thing that puts me off cash games there because I don"t put in enough volume for the VIP programme to be worthwhile to me.

Onwards and upwards... hopefully :D
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 06:57:19 AM by CrizzyConnor »

CrizzyConnor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: March 19, 2010, 04:29:07 AM »
Still been playing a couple of hands of PLO when I can fit them in over on Full Tilt. The roll hasn"t increased tremendously but I had a 3 buy-in drop within the first 10 mins of my session tonight and still managed to end up 1 buy in to the good by the end of my 80 minute session. I have also released another $10 of my bonus and had a small win yesterday too. All in all the roll is now upto $220.04. Played a couple of tournies over on stars and dropped around $20 but made back near enough the exact same at 25PLO so I"m still at $450 over there. The PLO cash is bringing back my enjoyment of the game, not only because I"m winning but because it"s cash I can quit the minute I realise i"m not playing my A-Game which has been helpful. The aim is to stick with 10PLO on Full Tilt for a good while, here"s hoping I can stick to it and increase my bankroll along the way.

Edit: I couldn"t sleep (the joys of a nightshift routine) so decided to play a couple of tables of 25PLO on Pokerstars there, lost $10 on my first hand but then proceeded to grind out 2 buy-ins over the next 45 mins and got the roll over there back upto $492.69 ;D
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 06:49:31 AM by CrizzyConnor »

CrizzyConnor

• Platinum Member
Bad Weekend
« Reply #58 on: March 22, 2010, 11:23:25 AM »
So I had a bad weekend at the tables. I say bad weekend, I only actually ended up two buy ins down from my high point but it was still a brutal weekend. A marathon six hour PLO 25 session on Sunday morning across both Full Tilt and Pokerstars was the root of the evil...

I started on Stars where I am by no means properly rolled but i"d say adequately rolled for a shot at 25PLO at around 20 buy-ins. I don"t want to sound like I think i"m great because i"m no where near being good never mind great but I think I"m definitely ahead of 75% of the competition at the PLO25 tables there. I lost a couple of buy-ins straight away but I was happy to strike down most big pots I lost to variance and I was more than happy to stay in the game. I ended up playing for two and a half hours at Pokerstars and endured some brutal beats but I did eventually manage to end the session as only a slight loser. I was at $492.69 at the start of the session and ended the weekend on $499.54 but I released a $10 stellar rewards bonus during the session so I was actually $3.15 down.

Over on Full Tilt I had got the roll to a high point of around $245 after a small PLO10 session on Friday and $11 rakeback. That was until I finished my Stars session, I noticed happy hour was running on Full Tilt and decided to play some there to work off some more of my bonus and try make some more at the tables obviously. I had been playing PLO25 at stars and wasn"t in the mood to drop to PLO10 despite the fact my Full Tilt roll didn"t even have 10 buy-ins for the level?!?! So I fired up three tables of PLO25 :-\ Again the standard of play wasn"t great although not as horrible as the Stars game, the stars game seemed to have on average three fish per table when I played where as on Full Tilt you were lucky to have two at any one time and the rest were solid. Maybe I should"ve stuck to 10PLO, lol. I ended up finishing a three hour session there @ $196.33. I was down nearly three buy-ins but won a rare pot towards the end of the session to get it back up. This session was even more brutal than the Stars session, on the very rare occassion I was dealt a decent starting hand I would either completely brick on the flop or get no action pre never mind post-flop?!?! I did manage to work off another $10 of my bonus near enough (only 2ftps until it"s released), but erm I"d rather not have that and have my $50 back please :D

Being two buy-ins down isn"t a horribly bad session by any means but the sheer length of the session and how the cards were falling really drained me at the time. However I don"t feel so bad about it today. It"s two buy-ins, five at my usual level on Full Tilt which stings a little more but I"m sure I can work it back up over the next week or two. At least I hope so :D

CrizzyConnor

• Platinum Member
Crizzy's guide on how to run bad...
« Reply #59 on: March 23, 2010, 07:45:39 AM »
What a morning. I had an early night last night then ended up waking at around 5am this morning and couldn"t get back to sleep. After breakfast I decided i"d fire up the tables for an hour and now I wish I could"ve just got back to sleep earlier. Since I posted my last blog I played a 40 minute session yesterday and was one buy in to the good and the roll was sitting just above $525. After todays session I am over four buy ins down and the bankroll is a much less healthy $410.34.

PLEASE have a look at these hands to witness for yourself. And notice the one player who was the bain of my life and should have been super profitable to play against but wound up getting there EVERY time:

Hand 1 vs Villain (ILMOSTRO8): http://www.pokerhand.org/?5295328
Now I don"t mind getting outdrawn here to someone with multiple draws or even a nut draw but c"mon, seriously?!?!

Hand 2 vs Villain (ILMOSTRO8): http://www.pokerhand.org/?5295329
Now I got away from this one as I had knowingly put my hand face up pre and had to be beat.

Hand 3 vs Villain (ILMOSTRO8): http://www.pokerhand.org/?5295330
This one was the nail in the coffin that let me know I had to quit. I sat out for 5 mins and contemplated playing on vs this idiot as the luck surely couldn"t keep running in his favour but I think I was so tilted that even though I believe it would"ve been profitable to stay in the game with him normally it was probably best to get out before the damage got even worse.

Hand 2 isn"t particularly sick but hand 1 & 3 were crazy and for this to happen all in the space of one hour tilted the f**k out of me. I"ve had 15 mins or so to calm down while writing this and I guess that"s PLO, the game can"t always go in my favour. I can"t see what I could"ve done to get away from the two major hands vs this player, I hope i"m not just another deluded poker player and that I can beat this game in the long run. Only time will tell - join me next time for another episode of deluded whiney b*stard. Thank you please.

Now I"m going to do this: