Author Topic: APAT UK Team Championships Live Update  (Read 240286 times)

Desi

• Northern Ireland Poker Federation
Re: APAT UK Team Championships Live Update
« Reply #885 on: January 26, 2010, 09:01:12 AM »
This was my first APAT event and I have to say it was excellent, well done to everyone involved in making it a great week end ;)
N.I Poker Federation www.nipf.co.uk

AndyD

• APAT Team event 2010 Manchester G
« Reply #886 on: January 26, 2010, 09:35:14 AM »
Really enjoyed it :) I think what made the event was simply down to the people who made it happen the APAT team and the great spirit, honesty and atmosphere from the players :)

Top effort everyone and hope to play some more events (",)

Andy D

coprey

• Gold Member
  • SkinEm
« Reply #887 on: January 26, 2010, 11:08:28 AM »
Contrats to APAT for another fantastic event. Congrats to ...er APAT again for a much deserved team win. Contrats to Billy for the individual title and all the winners of the nominated events, esp Tighty for his much deserved entry to the Hall of Fame. Finally a big thanks to the NIPoker Team and friends for a wonderful team spirit. Looking forward to S4. :)

Lazlo21

• Bronze Member
« Reply #888 on: January 26, 2010, 12:47:26 PM »
Just like to add my thanks to APAT guys for all of the organisation from  the weekend.
Enjoyed myself very much, well done to Billy once more and to Chipmunk for getting to
heads-up. Also Sean/NPL for making me try to get a read off a horse"s head ;D def a first.. quality ;D

Gary/Hendon Mob

stoneii

• Bronze Member
« Reply #889 on: January 26, 2010, 16:14:17 PM »
"Really enjoyed it  I think what made the event was simply down to the people who made it happen the APAT team and the great spirit, honesty and atmosphere from the players

Top effort everyone and hope to play some more events (",)

Andy D"

Was good craic sitting beside you all day 1 Andy, taking turns to liberate the blinds lol.  Hope to catch you again at a few others.

the card guard kid

« Reply #890 on: January 26, 2010, 19:22:30 PM »
just to echo the comments of everyone so far - a massive well done a thank you for a great weekend. Big congrats to Billy " mike mattasou" wallace for taking it down coming back from 3 BB"s on final table and congrats to team APAT for winning the event. Roll on the next one!!!!

cardguard - NPF
(apologies for the singing!!!)

JamieCarra

• Silver Member
« Reply #891 on: January 26, 2010, 23:37:48 PM »

Mary Martin"s travails

Lost half her stack when flopping an open ended straight flush draw with 7d8d, and missed the lot to lose the pot to Sharplea of Sky Poker

then on a K-10-8 flop, two hearts she raised Gerard Harraghy (NI Poker) all in with Ah9h. Gerard made a brave and loose call with Top set, K-K-K and the nut flush draw missed

Still, at least she got the biggest cheeer of the day so far.

It was a very tough call for me, had a weird feeling that I might have been in front...  ;)

stoneii

• Bronze Member
« Reply #892 on: January 27, 2010, 15:30:08 PM »
had a weird feeling that I might have been in front

Just surprised that didn"t throw yer head in a complete spin and you threw yer hand away - YOU calling in front, surely not!!!!

JamieCarra

• Silver Member
« Reply #893 on: January 27, 2010, 21:55:14 PM »

had a weird feeling that I might have been in front

Just surprised that didn"t throw yer head in a complete spin and you threw yer hand away - YOU calling in front, surely not!!!!

I"m always in front when I call, it"s when I get the chips in first that I"m usually behind...  ;D

billywallace

« Reply #894 on: January 30, 2010, 21:12:29 PM »
Finally got around to posting this.

Thanks to all for the comments.

This was my first APAT tournament and it was a most enjoyable experience.  Great to meet and play with a friendly but competitve set of players.

Congratulations to the APAT team, the final two guys (Wayne and I"m pretty sure the other was Stuart) really put their team first and ensured they crossed the line in first place.  Well played to team APAT and all the cashers especially Dave and Johuel in 2nd and 3rd.  Although there wasn"t much "play" in the FT I don"t recall many (if any) mistakes from those guys.

Be lucky.

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #895 on: January 31, 2010, 09:57:17 AM »

This was my first APAT tournament and it was a most enjoyable experience.  Great to meet and play with a friendly but competitve set of players.

Congratulations to the APAT team, the final two guys (Wayne and I"m pretty sure the other was Stuart) really put their team first and ensured they crossed the line in first place.  Well played to team APAT and all the cashers especially Dave and Johuel in 2nd and 3rd.  Although there wasn"t much "play" in the FT I don"t recall many (if any) mistakes from those guys.

Be lucky.

Congratulations again Billy.

Stuart (Team APAT)

SolarCarrot

• Bronze Member
« Reply #896 on: February 02, 2010, 00:46:11 AM »

Be lucky.

Big Congrats Billy!!

Dave (Sky)

fraac

• Silver Member
« Reply #897 on: February 02, 2010, 23:37:41 PM »
You know, as this gets more popular, it"d be fair to have the bottom 4 (or whatever) teams get replaced and have to seek re-election.

Bainn

• Platinum Member
    • The Poker Beard
« Reply #898 on: February 05, 2010, 02:45:53 AM »

Christian Briggs of the Poker Player team moonlighting earlier in the week

[youtube=425,350][/youtube]

Actually still awaiting payment for that gig, nice work on finding it Dr Prew.
  Deepstack champion S2