Author Topic: Officepoker 6 max in Edinburgh  (Read 7590 times)

MAIR

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: Officepoker 6 max in Edinburgh
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2010, 17:00:49 PM »

Gr8 result Mary, congrats. (I"ll no doubt get Derek"s hard-luck stories tonight on Messenger)  8)

Thanks Neil :) LOL last time I saw Derek he was sitting at a cash table, he mustve went home as they broke it up before the final table and the evening game.
Mary Kivlin

lukybugur

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2010, 17:03:59 PM »
Aye well, if the fish swims home ... ;)

Zanshin

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2010, 21:52:39 PM »
No bad beat or hard luck stories for the tourney..... just never got going in it and was out before the 1st break....  :(

As for the cash game.... well that's another story....

.25/.50 (72 game in operation with £2 from every player) bought in for £40... lost it... in for another  £40... won some... lost it all.. in for £80 (stacks were getting much deeper)... lost it all.... in for another £100 (as players were leaving the average buy in of new players was not £20 or £40 anymore as one look at the stacks around the table made it clear that wasn't going to be enough  :) )...

There were two main things affecting the game... 1 - the 72 game, it was amazing how often it was getting dealt at the table.... 2 - the best hand just never won when all the money went it (not a moan about my hands, this was happening to everyone).

After the final £100 buy in I was up a little then down again then I got lucky in a hand where, after a bit of pre-flop action, I flopped two pair and got it all in against Colin (a regular OP player) only for him to turn over top two against my bottom two......  I then hit my 2 outer on the river  :-[

Few hands later I have 72 and a few player call the double straddle that was in place, round to me and I raise only for it to fold round the table to the guy on my right who re-raises... the pot is now a fair size and he has £70 behind (I have around £190 just now)... I consider shoving and taking the pot and the extra £18 in 72 bounty if he folds and just praying to the poker gods if he calls....

After a bit of thought I just call intending to shove the flop in the hope that he'll have missed.... flop is Q72  :) .... he bets £20 I raise all in and he calls turning over AA... I turn over my 72 and yes it's an A on the river....  ::)

Played for a while longer, still watching everyone's all in hands getting beat, before leaving with enough to buy dinner on the way home to take back to the Mr's.

Despite the losses it was a fun day as always with a good crowd of people and a great tourney structure.

Congrats again Mary and hope to see you at a Final Table soon  :)
How can you call that.... you should have bet more...... I was all-in...... well you should have had more to bet.

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2010, 21:57:54 PM »
Isn"t cash so much fun  ;D ;D ;D