Author Topic: live events  (Read 13369 times)

TightEnd

• Platinum Member
  • If Carlsberg did live updates, I'd be a lager
Re: live events
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2010, 19:26:36 PM »
Furthermore just re-checking the calculations

Most, the vast majority, of the Amateur fields will still be 150 runners

If the Pro series does not hit 50 runners when the seats go on sale, the extra seats will go towards increasing capacity of the Amateur event with sufficient notice to release those extra seats. I must say that with the Sponsorship package on offer with the Pro series, I wouldn"t expect that to be the case.

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2010, 19:27:46 PM »

100 seats in Wales
10 reserved by betfair for their customers

Say what now!!!!???
“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT Poker Association & Tour
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2010, 19:27:47 PM »
If the pro event does not sell out within 2 weeks of the event, we will move those seats into the amateur event.

TightEnd

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2010, 19:29:11 PM »

100 seats in Wales

29 seat won through the sats

& 2 reserved by APAT

leaves 59 seats up for grabs tonight

it is good to see APAT getting bigger & better In season 4  :-\

think this is too harsh, to be frank

Enormous amounts of added value across both major APAT series, a lot of new venues, more overseas events...all of these represent APAT making substantial progress in Season 4 in its Live Events with of course a number of opportunities to get in before the whim of the Tournament lobby buy-in!

TightEnd

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2010, 19:35:11 PM »

100 seats in Wales

Say what now!!!!???

As part of the sponsorship deal 10 seats are given to betfair and they have chosen to award them via a Draw for customers reactivating accounts (Some of you will have seen the recent email). Betfair have chosen to do this for Swansea, whether they will do this for subsequent events not sure

Interestingly this option was also built into the Blue Square deal last year, but they never chose to use it

With sponsorship comes an occasional need to pay the piper, and for APAT it guarantees (via these emails to all Betfair customers) a lot of profile and coverage. Big Picture

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2010, 19:37:22 PM »
Richard, you"re right, it"s a little harsh but  I"m sure that you can appreciate our disappointment that the 1st event of Season 4 seems to be a step backward.

Half the size of a usual APAT event, and then 10% of the seats we don"t even have a chance at.

Add to this that the Pro series, by being held the same day instead of Sunday has reduced the Amateur series by 50 seats per comp. Oh, you can add more seats at DTD but for the usual events a 25% cut stings.

If, perhaps all of these issues had been announced at the start we could have got the whinges out of the way instead of being drip-fed these issues one by one.

EDIT...I recognize that the Announcement was long anyway and adding more information would have overwhelmed the maint point..but still.

« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 19:39:16 PM by Paulie_D »

bear21

• Gold Member
  • Just Do It
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2010, 19:38:46 PM »
WHO"s FRANK LOL ??? ???
Only grip is most apat members want to play in the $75.00 tourney , at most events this sells out within minutes, by reducing the number of seats there is less chance to play at the tourneys and if you don"t get a seat and if the member continues not to get into a tourney they will have to think about continuing with apat , we should be looking at increasing the number of seats for the tourneys NOT REDUCING them !!!! my 2c :-[
I know its hard but there must be someway we can accomodate more players even if it means an extra day ?????
BY the way DES and team are doing a great job just my little grip

TightEnd

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2010, 19:40:16 PM »

If, perhaps all of these issues had been announced at the start we could have got the whinges out of the way instead of being drip-fed these issues one by one.

I understand the general comments but I can assure you there was no attempt to hold anything back/drip feed issues out

An awful lot of information had to be packaged into a press release at outset. Inevitably that doesn"t get into the nitty-gritty of everything all at once.

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2010, 19:42:54 PM »

I understand the general comments but I can assure you there was no attempt to hold anything back/drip feed issues out

An awful lot of information had to be packaged into a press release at outset. Inevitably that doesn"t get into the nitty-gritty of everything all at once.

Yeah, I was in the middle of an edit to acknowledge the issues....just felt like "Death of 1000 cuts" for Swansea.

Looks like, barring sheer luck, I won"t make Swansea unless I can buy a seat in the Exchange.

TightEnd

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2010, 19:43:05 PM »

WHO"s FRANK LOL ??? ???
Only grip is most apat members want to play in the $75.00 tourney , at most events this sells out within minutes, by reducing the number of seats there is less chance to play at the tourneys and if you don"t get a seat and if the member continues not to get into a tourney they will have to think about continuing with apat , we should be looking at increasing the number of seats for the tourneys NOT REDUCING them !!!! my 2c :-[
I know its hard but there must be someway we can accomodate more players even if it means an extra day ?????
BY the way DES and team are doing a great job just my little grip

No problem. All feedback is appreciated and listened to

Extra day. Yes, we"d love to. Remember though its run by volunteers (mostly, that"s changing slightly) where time off is a problem and adding an extra day adds substantial venue costs which reduces the economics to potential sponsors who fund these costs

I repeat, the acute problem of seat reduction in the Amateur at Swansea won"t be felt as bad at subsequent events.

tumblet

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2010, 19:44:50 PM »

Half the size of a usual APAT event, and then 10% of the seats we don"t even have a chance at.

you do have a chance at. I got an email from Betfair saying that if you played their Hot tournaments. For every hot tournament you played, you would get 1 ticket into a prize draw for a free seat..

Emailed me earlier today

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2010, 19:46:56 PM »

you do have a chance at. I got an email from Betfair saying that if you played their Hot tournaments. For every hot tournament you played, you would get 1 ticket into a prize draw for a free seat..

Emailed me earlier today

I"ll have to check my spam trap...I got now"t.

WarBwastardo

• Gold Member
  • I don't have to show you any stinkin' badges
    • La boca de la cueva
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2010, 19:56:55 PM »
Did we desperately need to have a Welsh event this year?  If the only venues available in Wales would reduce capacity significantly, could we not have just missed it out for season 4?  No offense Wales, but it"s not the UK-APAT.  The priority should be squeezing as many players into games throughout the year as possible rather than making sure there"s a game in each country no?  Walsall is a big venue for example and not on the calendar this season and it"s not that far from Wales, I think you can sort of still smell Wales from there.

Or alternatively, given the reduced capacity, was making both the amateur and pro events one day games considered?  150 runners each.  Or 75-100 for the pro event and bumping the £25 game up to 75?  DTD run one day games with 250+ runners with a decent structure so it is possible.  This way you get 300 APATers involved rather than 150 we have now.

TightEnd

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2010, 20:02:46 PM »
Well Rich, its National Championships. Wales has had three national events, we"d like to keep that going. Even if they are Welsh.

Personally, to use your other example, I wasn"t that keen to return to Walsall after the venue"s performance last year. Don"t particularly want to reward what I considered to be a shoddy effort. Same applied to another venue from last year

Someone, Paullie I think, mentioned playing the Pro event on the Sunday. The reason is that both the final table of the Pro event and the Amatuer event are going to be live streamed on APAT.TV and site with commentary. Having a one day Pro event finish on a Saturday means most of the TV coverage then will be Pro, and on Sunday the climax of the Amateur. Having both conclude on the Sunday would mean we wouldn"t be able to create a profile for both events. Big picture stuiff again I suppose

WarBwastardo

• Gold Member
  • I don't have to show you any stinkin' badges
    • La boca de la cueva
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2010, 20:07:42 PM »

Well Rich, its National Championships. Wales has had three national events, we"d like to keep that going. Even if they are Welsh.

Personally, to use your other example, I wasn"t that keen to return to Walsall after the venue"s performance last year. Don"t particularly want to reward what I considered to be a shoddy effort. Same applied to another venue from last year

Someone, Paullie I think, mentioned playing the Pro event on the Sunday. The reason is that both the final table of the Pro event and the Amatuer event are going to be live streamed on APAT.TV and site with commentary. Having a one day Pro event finish on a Saturday means most of the TV coverage then will be Pro, and on Sunday the climax of the Amateur. Having both conclude on the Sunday would mean we wouldn"t be able to create a profile for both events. Big picture stuiff again I suppose

But if the Amateur event was a one day event, it would conclude on Saturday not Sunday.  The two final tables would still be on different days, just the other way round if that makes sense. 

Irrelevant now anyway, just wondered if making both events Single day freeze-outs was considered for Wales.