Author Topic: Why I cannot make it to the Vic on April 17th...  (Read 22993 times)

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
Re: Why I cannot make it to the Vic on April 17th...
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2010, 21:27:33 PM »

Still waiting to get the official word about my flight tomorrow, big odds on it is cancelled, need to figure out what to do now...

Gutted for you - what a bummer

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2010, 21:38:29 PM »

Still waiting to get the official word about my flight tomorrow, big odds on it is cancelled, need to figure out what to do now...

James, will your travel insurance pay up? Heard from someone today his insurance declined to pay as the cancellation was due to an act of god!

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2010, 21:41:56 PM »

James, will your travel insurance pay up? Heard from someone today his insurance declined to pay as the cancellation was due to an act of god!

If you booked by credit card - you haven"t received the goods so they will have to refund - insurance companies stink

ThinkerJE

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
  • To be the man you have to beat the man
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2010, 22:19:35 PM »

If you booked by credit card - you haven"t received the goods so they will have to refund - insurance companies stink

Will get either full refund or a later flight from Virgin and just lose the first nights rate on my hotel room (and we be able to claim that back).

Not really bothered about that, gutted I cannot go, and not sure if I will be able to go Saturday or maybe re arrange for next week.

Still waiting for Virgin to confirm that the flight is definitely cancelled before I can make my next move.

ThinkerJE

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2010, 22:20:20 PM »

you could come to London and join us :)

Looking more likely by the minute

ThinkerJE

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2010, 22:55:08 PM »

Will get either full refund or a later flight from Virgin and just lose the first nights rate on my hotel room (and we be able to claim that back).

Not really bothered about that, gutted I cannot go, and not sure if I will be able to go Saturday or maybe re arrange for next week.

Still waiting for Virgin to confirm that the flight is definitely cancelled before I can make my next move.

Harrah"s canceled my reservation and gave me a full refund, excellent customer service.

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2010, 23:05:58 PM »
BBC website

Most restrictions on UK airspace will stay in place until 1300 BST on Friday because of ash from a volcano in Iceland, air traffic controllers say.

But some flights may be allowed after 0100 BST from Northern Ireland and several airports in Scotland.

The volcanic eruption has caused flight cancellations across Europe amid fears the ash could cause engine failures.

Air traffic control service (Nats) said its next review would be at 0230 BST but the situation was "not improving".

ThinkerJE

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2010, 00:38:12 AM »
Virgin have confirmed that the flight tomorrow has been cancelled;  will probably look to re book when flights are finally allowed to leave (no sure when that will be)

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2010, 00:46:52 AM »
So fecking sorry -- wow

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2010, 01:01:25 AM »
I"m gutted for you James - truly gutted. Get yourself to the vic and take that comp down!!
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

Mikeyboy9361

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2010, 09:29:46 AM »
Thats a real P****er, Get down to the Vic, it has to be destiny!
European Online Silver Medalist 2009
Member of the Leeds "Grand Final" Team
Scottish Amateur Championships Bronze Medalist 2013

ThinkerJE

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2010, 10:32:01 AM »
Looks like i will be at the vic tomorrow its not vegas but not a bad substitute

ThinkerJE

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2010, 20:25:33 PM »
Played the vic, not vegas but enjoyed the tournament and drinks with the boys.  Still no flights, need to find a spot to re arrange when they finally start to take off.  Could be tricky as May is packed and then the world cup starts in June, hopefully this will all blow over soon...

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer

ThinkerJE

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2010, 23:35:00 PM »
I run so bad...