Author Topic: DtD En Masse! (June 2010)  (Read 4988 times)

Saoirse

• ScotsPoker - Home of the Glesga Mob!
DtD En Masse! (June 2010)
« on: March 06, 2010, 20:16:39 PM »
Copy and paste job for me but thought this might interest a few on here!!

Right here is the plan if anyone is up for it. As Joe has qualified through blonde for the DtD deepstack in June I was thinking of tagging along and winning the £300 event and I though Eureka what about a coach trip with a squad of us going down and invading Ingurlandshire in numbers unheard of since the epic scenes at Wem-ber-lay in 1967  

So if anyone is up for it stick your names down here and I"ll look into transport and hotel costs over the next few days.

I"m thinking leave early on the Saturday morning from somewhere in Glasgow may do a few pick ups if its easier and then head Sarf. Returning on the Monday morning with the loot.

So we"re looking at 2 nights hotel/bus and then yer spending money. If there isn"t enough for a bus load then I suppose we could always do a mini-bus. I"ll also speak to McBookie and we can get a few satellites up and running for entry into the main event.

So all aboard say aye!!

Eck

• Silver Member
Re: DtD En Masse! (June 2010)
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2010, 22:26:58 PM »
Errr 6 hours in a bus down to Nottingham? any reason you wouldn"t fly down like most sensible types?

Just checked return flights are £45 if you book soon they should still be around that price. Also if you think that sitting on a bus for 6 hours getting tanked before you get there is a good idea (which I must admit sounds fine having done my share of road trips with rugby teams) DTD is probably not the destination you want to be heading to as they don"t really take too well to those who have had quite a few. 

Just saying and all hope you have a good time, may be there can never plan that far ahead though.

Saoirse

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2010, 23:02:56 PM »
Flying is always an option but bus trips can be fun, and no nrrd to get tanked up before it save that for after teh pokerz no?

Glorious

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2010, 10:34:42 AM »
What date in June Gary? I"m keeping the weeekend of the 19th free for the APAT Scottish in the "deen.

Saoirse

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2010, 12:43:04 PM »

What date in June Gary? I"m keeping the weeekend of the 19th free for the APAT Scottish in the "deen.

It will be the 5th Neil day of the £300 deepstack on the Saturday and the £150 on the Sunday.

Got 6 names so far and thats without be rounding up the Glasgow live regs.  I reckon we"ll get about 25 - 30 thic could be epic get the t-shirts made up for your new concept and we can flog them on the bus  ;D ;D

Glorious

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2010, 13:18:13 PM »
I"m gonna struggle regardless with APAT one week and my £100 2 day event the next. Best count me out for this particular trip.

Saoirse

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2010, 16:44:29 PM »

Just checked return flights are £45 if you book soon they should still be around that price.

I checked these costs on Saturday, I take it was BMI you looked at Eck?    And costs were £90 return.

The maximum cost for the coach will be £50 return.  I do hope to be able to knock a few quid extra off this depending on the numbers.

Eck

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2010, 21:22:09 PM »
yes BMIBaby to east midlands: Just looked again Gary, price was about 56 quid but that was a friday flight: saturday"s seems to have filled.

Saoirse

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2010, 16:56:29 PM »
Just confirmed costs with the hotel also.

So the deal is this £105 per person gets you coach travel from Glasgow heading down on the Saturday morning and returning on the Monday and 2 nights stay in the Premier Inn

The games on over the weekend are:

Saturday 5th

£300 2 day Deepstack
£75 Freeze out

Sunday 6th

Day 2 of main event
£150 Freezeout

And no doubt there will be plenty of cash action available.